“Super Nice Staff!!!! Very Accommodating!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Decided to visit Saint Louis for a spur of the moment spring break get away and I'm so happy that we did. We wanted to stay somewhere that wasn't super busy and family friendly. Not only was this location perfect to meet the needs of our objectives, but we were able to get a Junior Suite with a separate room for a little one. The hotel was clean, the whirlpool bathtub was Heavenly. I couldn't have asked for anything more. Overall, we had fun shopping in Gravois, eating at Sweeties Pies and the barbeque at Bandana's was awesome. Thank you HIE & Suites for the awesome hospitality!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dee,

Thank you, so much, for your recent review. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your needs for the trip. We hope to see you in the summer, when everything is in season. A couple cool family things in STL are the City Museum, Zoo, and Botanical Gardens.

Have a great week.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was a walk in on Fri March 28 - Sun March 30 with my boyfriend, his brother, and father and after having an awful experience with a different holiday inn sw rt 66 down the road I left there after booking in hopes of finding another who had 2 rooms available for the weekend. There were 3 ladies working this night, the manager I believe, very kind older lady, with two younger ladies one was new and I want to say she was Australian with another dark haired woman. I wish I could remember the names of all three to give them a shout out. Anyways, the manager was able to get me two rooms and a military discount (as I am an IHG employee but didn't have my verifying card with me but my boyfriend is military) so that was nice. The new girl was so sweet and kind and kept carrying on a conversation with my group while getting us checked in. The manager was wonderful, I know she was working a double shift but still kept her cool and was so friendly. The rooms were very nice and clean, I am a housekeeper as well so I always am looking for imperfections. We left our privacy signs up so the housekeeper didn't have to do more work. ;) I kindly gave her my towels and got fresh ones. Bed was really comfortable and breakfast was delicious and they were kind as well. Overall, glad I left the first place, and went down the road to this place. I will definitely stay here again when I am in St Louis. Thank you for your kind hospitality after I had such a rough time at a previous Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Great hotel, we stayed on first floor very quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Mrs. D,

Thank you for your recent survey on your experience at our hotel. I believe the people you are describing are Barb, Jamie, and Ciara. I will make sure they hear about their performance. Its great to hear that they took care of you. We will look forward to seeing you next time you visit St. Louis.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently moved away from St Louis after living there for 32 years. We had tickets to see a show at the Fox Theater so booked two nights non-refundable/no change rate room. We ended up having to come in a day earlier and couldn't change the dates so we had two reservations (one night and two nights). The desk clerk worked to switch us to a room where we wouldn't have to pack up and move which was much appreciated. The pillows however were horrible. We're used to sleeping on a pillow-top (meaning much softer than the hotel) mattress and foam pillows. These were more like feather pillows that collapsed to the mattress as soon as we laid on them. Rather than go buy more pillows we checked with the desk and those are the only type. Since we had the non-refundable rate they couldn't offer us any money off our rate but she tried to find a solution. We ended up using blankets folded under the pillows but I still woke with headaches each morning. We're back with this chain in Seattle the end of May and since we have to fly we'll have no chance to bring our own pillows so will probably be asking for multiple extra pillows to see if we can sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BigAlStl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for your recent survey of our hotel. I must apologize for the pillows, however, this is the new Holiday Inn pillow. Our hotels are not permitted to use another type or brand. We do realize that some folks have a different preference for pillows and we did just purchase several foam pillows to try and accommodate different comfort levels. Hopefully, this will help on the next trip. Sorry, the pillows didn't work.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a great experience staying in the Junior Suite. Our son loved having his own space; we loved having our own space. The beds were comfortable, the shower was wonderful. The staff was friendly and accommodating when we inquired if the breakfast options had dairy, and we were thrilled to discover soy milk in the cooler, since our son is lactose intolerant. The cleaning staff was great, too! Will definitely put this place on our list of places to stay again. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Loved the junior suite!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Ok, I was last here March 2013, and for some reason or another I decided to give this hotel another shot. Here is a portion of my review from 1 year, and a week ago "As a Platinum member, I see alot of HIE's. This one was average. Room was in need of repair, both chairs at table had broken armrests, bathroom needed some new paint or wallpaper (Mystery stain above sink"

I got the same room I had last time!!!! And guess who's sink had a mystery stain above the sink???? Yep, This guys! I will add a picture this time. BUT I did notice new chairs (that don't have arms) at the table. So 50% there.

The girl/lady who works the front desk in the evenings is wonderful. Helpful and friendly. Breakfast was meh, typically Holiday Inn fair, which I am sick of, but It's a corporate thing, so not this locations choice I am sure.

Room was clean (minus mystery stain) my only real complaint was the 2 treadmills in the excercise room. The first one I got on, was possesed, It had it on Manual and it would randomly decide 3.5 mph wasn't fast enough, and I would look down, and it was jumping to 7-8mph. So I got on the other one, and the belt slipped so bad, I couldn't use it. It would be nice if they addressed this. I took my walk's around the area, for my stay. Not the end of the world but why have them if they don't work?

Over all it was a decent stay, average or maybe a hair better. I will probably come back next March to see if the treadmills are fixed, and if my mystery stain is still there. And because they will ask again, it was the "Presidential Suite" .

Room Tip: IN the mood for pizza? Go to Dewey's in Kirkwood, Italian? Roberto's Trattoria about 6 miles...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Happyharvick,

Thank you for your survey. We appreciate the comments and will check out the furniture items that you let us know about.

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

In the past two weeks we have stayed in three different Holiday Inns. This location has presented the highest quality of service, cleanliness, building maintenance and professionalism. If you are planning a trip to Saint Louis it would be a nice place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014
BigAlStl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear RichmondFab5,

Thank you for your survey. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your guests on your trip to St. Louis. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.

Allen S

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Number one way to make my hotel experience a good one is a clean room. And this hotel provided that, along with a friendly hotel staff member and a comfortable bed. Just stayed 1 night while passing through, but will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nightlite, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope you have a happy holiday season. I will pass along the comments about our housekeeping services.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fenton? Share your experiences!