“Liked the happy hour, didn't like the hot tub.”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Overall this was a good place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We love all the free food and happy hour. My one complaint is the hot tub. It had so much chemical in it, it actually produced a lot of foam and the smell was very strong. Also be aware that if it is storming outside, you can't use the pool or the hot tub.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Drury Inn properties are a great value because the properties are always well maintained with nice rooms that seem pretty consistent across the chain. On top of the good basic value, the free breakfast and "Kick Back" (happy hour/dinner to many of us) are icing on the cake. For a couple traveling together, the value of the buffet breakfast and happy hour food and drinks is easily $40 per day, so this makes Drury Inns that much more compelling.

I just spent three nights quite by accident at the Fenton, MO property, which is in southwest suburban St. Louis. I had intended to book the Forest Park Drury Inn, which is a few miles closer to downtown on I-44. When booking, I clicked on the Fenton hotel accidentally, so that is where I ended up, After having stayed at both properties, my conclusion is that each has advantages. The Forest Park property is quite a bit newer and has larger and more impressive common areas (lobby, dining area, amenities such as pool and fitness areas). The downside to the Forest Park location is that it also has large meeting areas and hence caters to groups for meetings, conventions and reunions. When I stayed at Forest Park last summer, a huge group was attending a reunion at the hotel, and these were not the nicest or most well-mannered folks, and to say they took over the common areas for breakfast and the evening food and libations would be a real understatement.

While Fenton is older and smaller, it does not have the meeting area, so the risk of a rowdy reunion of people you may not want to be around is much less. There were a number of high-school athletic teams staying this past weekend when I was there, however they were nice families, and all well-mannered.

The rooms are fine at Fenton, and have been updated over the years. The rooms and common areas were clean, and the beds were comfortable with nice linens. Towels were plentiful and fluffy.

Staff is exceptionally nice, with managers present both a breakfast and happy hour making the rounds asking if everyone is happy. For the price point, this level of service is pretty unheard of.

If one does want to venture out for food, the Fenton property is between a Cracker Barrell and a Bar BQ restaurant that seemed to have a large clientele. A nice property with exceptionally nice staff, and a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor (chlorine odor from the indoor pool is strong on 1), and toward...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is a super convenient location for getting to most St. Louis venues.
They were slammed when we arrived and were still treated quickly and in a friendly manner. I observed one receptionist going way beyond the call of duty to find accommodation for a traveler who arrived without a reservation.
Our room was quiet and we had a good night's rest even though the hotel was full of teens who were there for athletic events.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed three nights, and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean and well maintained. We did eat breakfast there every morning, but the only day we were there in time for the 5:30 kickback the line was down the hall, so we didn't wait. We did take advantage of the popcorn a couple of nights. My biggest complaint is that the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. When we go back to the area we will consider staying here again.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We had soo many problems. First, the price on the receipt was different from the price they charged my credit card. When I tried to talk to the manager she made me feel like I was lieing about it all. Second, my hotel key stopped working on us 4 times in a three day weekend. Each time we had to wait in the lobby for at least 15 min. to get the key re-activated.. UGH. The last day of our trip my son got sick in our hotel room. During the night I gave our blankets to the hotel staff so they wouldnt stink up our room and they tried telling me I stole them from the hotel. UGH.. Finally, I left my IPOD charger in the wall socket. I called the hotel so they could mail it back to us. They tried charging me all sorts of fees just to mail it. All they had to do was put a stamp on it. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. Yes they might have free food but at what cost... GOOD LUCK.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thanks for sharing your thoughts concerning your recent stay. We apologize for the problems you encountered during your visit and thank you for speaking with hotel management so they could take a closer look. Our goal is to fix any concerns during your stay while keeping in line with the policies of our hotel. If you have any further questions concerning your visit, please contact the hotel directly and a member of our management staff will be happy to discuss.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is a little tricky to get to off the high way, but is worth it. It is advertised as a 'non-smoking hotel, but unfortunately the first room they gave me had been smoked in! Management came to the room when I called to complain and I was moved to another room real quick on the ground floor. Drury is a 'pet friendly' hotel which is comfortable if you are traveling with your canine companions and they don't charge an additional fee for this. I have stayed in a lot of Drury Inns for this reason and find the rooms to be consistently maintained at a high standard: clean and comfortable. I usually try to take advantage of any room discounts when making reservations as I feel they charge a little on the high side sometimes, but then they offer the evening snack and refreshments that include alcoholic beverages. This along with the good quality breakfast is an added value and also convenient especially if you don't feel like going out to find a full meal when you're tired from driving. There is a 'loyalty club' you can join to earn points for free-stay nights. Staying in Missouri will cost more anyway, as I have noticed, because they have higher taxes added in the St Louis area, so be sure to confirm your exact rate with tax included.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a great place to stay. Have never experienced such great customer service at a hotel. Every staff member we came in contact with went above and beyond to make us feel as if they really enjoyed us being there. The manager was nice enough to change our room for us so my grandson could be on the top floor so he could see farther as this was his first hotel stay. The soda and popcorn when we arrived was a great snack after a long drive. Their snacks in the evening were much more than a meal so we saved money by not having to to out. They also offer alcoholic drinks if you want them in the evening. Breakfast was above what was expected also. We had an issue with our air conditioner not working and they were booked solid the first night we were there. The main maintenance man actually came back to the hotel (he had already gone home for the evening) and installed a new air conditioner while we went to the pool area which included an indoor/outdoor pool, a 1ft pool for smaller children and a hot tub with plenty of towels. Our only complaint was that the elevator was a little slow. Will definitely look for this hotel chain wherever we go.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!