“A little extra”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Franklin, Kentucky, United States
“A little extra”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly other than one particular lady stating that she had told us something three times. Breakfast was very good and offered a lot of variety. Dinner options were ok for the nights that we were there. This hotel does offer three free drinks (alcohol) for each adult in the room. However there is limited times on the evening food and drink so if you check in too late you may miss this perk. Rooms were very clean and the beds were more comfortable than others I have slept in. The shampoo, conditioner, and bidy wash seemed ti be a little better quality than other hotels.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Maquoketa, Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had driven 10 hrs and stopped here in Fenton Mo-Was impressed that supper was included with our room as well as a great breakfast!Excellent-Room was great -sat by itself in a cubby type setting-quiet-would definently stay again-Only thing i saw wrong-i wish you could go in the middle doors -they were exit only so had to go around-the boy sitting there playing on a computer would not open door either time so had to go around-and noone was at desk very often at all--other then that-loved this place!!!rooms were great-clean--comfortable!I stay in a hotel most every day of the year and this was one of the best!

Room Tip: great hotel-we stayed on 2nd floor-computers right out our room-great supper and wonderful breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Without question, the best place to stay in the St. Louis area! The staff makes you feel as though you are their only guest. The "extras" are plentiful. There was no extra charge for our dog. Easy access to interstate, restaurants and nearby attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JO MO
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at this Drury Inn on Saturday October 12th. The hotel was very busy and we were given a room near the lobby. There was non stop constant noise through out the night and super early in the morning. We were waken early by the sound of two barking dogs in the hallway (!!?!!). When we arrived there was a super obnoxious air freshener smell that gave me a huge headache and triggered my allergies. I was fine while we were out of the room, but when we returned to the air freshener smell I started suffering immensely. Much less of this air freshener would be more than sufficient! The air conditioner was super loud, clanky and noisy over night and woke us several times. Overall the room was very nice and clean. We would probably return if we were given a room not near the lobby and the air freshener/deoderizing smell was less noticeable.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the lobby. It is very noisy!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
On behalf of the entire team we are so sorry that you had so many issues while you were here. We will absolutely review your comments with the housekeeping team so they can improve and we will check all the AC units for operating efficiency and quietness. I am truly sorry that it was loud both inside and out of your room. Please know that we will gladly place you away from the lobby on your next visit. Please just let us know and we will make sure you get where you wish to be in the hotel.

Thank you so much for staying with us. It is our pleasure to be your choice of hotels in Fenton.

Sean Downey
oregon
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We traveled to the St. Louis area to attend services for my Father. His Church is in Sunset Hills and he was interred at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. The Drury Inn & Suites in Fenton was convenient to both. Most importantly, the price wasn't adjusted up by the Cardinals Home game on 10/4/13 like most of the hotels in the area.

This property is right on the highway, making it convenient for many activities. There is a Denny's Restaurant in the parking lot and a Krispy Kreme across the street. A sister Pear Tree Hotel property is next door. There are also 2 large gas stations in the immediate area.

When we checked in, I was exhausted by the trip from Oregon and my recently acquired cold. My husband did the paperwork and it was handled quickly. We were on the fourth floor which is the top of the Inn. On our way to the room, we passed a small exercise room and a large indoor pool area with kiddie pool, swimming pool and hot tub. Looking out the window of our suite, I saw an clean looking outdoor pool and deck area. My husband and 1 son used the hot tub but the other 2 of us didn't use the recreational facilities.

I chose Drury because they had a 2 room suite available for $130 plus taxes. I never pay attention to the taxes when I compare prices because it's usually the same unless we stay in a resort area or in a downtown extra tax zone. With 2 adults and 2 teenage boys (16 & 19), a 2 room suite is a good value for us. The boys had a queen pullout in the living room and were able to watch TV long after I sniffled myself off to bed.

Now, for the best value part of this Inn: Free hot breakfast and Free hot small dinner or large snacks happy hour. 8 free meals a day at a $130 priced suite? Unheard of! The boys could have free soda or juice at happy hour. There was alcohol for adults who chose it. Snacks included salads, meatballs, pastas, nachos and other things that are fine for my dinner. Breakfast was always eggs, meat, oatmeal, cereals, potatoes and other selections that changed daily. Coffee, soda, juices and tea were available. TIP: Hot tea bags are great for reducing puffiness and breakouts and I made liberal use of them. (steep the black tea, cool the tea bag and apply to puffiness) Holy Buffet - we really got our money's worth here. If we had gone to Denny's, my husband and I would probably each get a $4 value breakfast but our sons tend to order larger meals. I bet it would cost us at least $25 at Denny's.

I vascillated between 4 stars and 5 stars for one reason and one reason only. The bath area was very tight to get a family of 4 ready for a dress up occasion. There was 1 small sink and very little counter space. (photos provided) There also weren't enough hangers in the closet for 3 suits, 3 shirts and 1 dress. We timed our bathroom use. I washed my hair the night before while 1 son and my husband were visiting my Mom. My husband got up early the next morning and washed up. Then we got our sons up to use the shower and sink. Good thing none of them style their hair!

I ended up going with a 5 star review because the staff was friendly and competent and the stay was a great value. In the food area, we were constantly being asked if we wanted anything else or if there was anything they could do for us. Due to the Cardinals game, this area was pretty noisy and rowdy but I'm guessing it was that way all over St. Louis last Friday. A great staff along with a surprising food value tipped the balance to 5 stars. I'll probably stay here again but I'll ask for the spacious bathroom I saw in another trip advisor review.

Room Tip: I would ask if any suites have larger bathrooms. One comment says a guest had a 2 sink bathroom in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nkwins
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at this Drury Inn during a recent trip to St. Louis. It was the Cards vs Cubs weekend, so we were kind of bummed that we couldn't find a different location to stay at. Once we arrived though, we were very happy with the hotel. Check in was quick and concise without any kind of hold ups which is nice when you have small children. We got a king size room. We had a microwave, refrigerator, and plenty of room for the pack and play for our youngest. Some hotel rooms are on the small side, but we had no problems with this room whatsoever.

Parking was not a problem, and there were plenty of restaurants close to the hotel for us to eat at. Denny's, Bandana's BBQ, and Crackle Barrel are just across the parking lot so there was no need to load everyone back into the car just to go eat. There is the "happy hour" option that we didn't partake in because of our small children, but if we visited again we would definitely take them up on those free drinks. The breakfast in the morning was awesome! Eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles, cereal, and juice just to name some options. It was great and well stocked. I recommend you go early to avoid a crowd. There were a ton of kids plus the four we came with at this hotel so it was quite loud when we went.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was delicious. The rooms were clean and well maintained. All in all it was a wonderful stay at this location, and we would definitely do it again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a well-maintained, clean, friendly hotel. Free full breakfast is very good. Very pet-friendly. Our suite was huge--including a spacious two-sink bathroom. Very convenient to interstates for those passing through the St. Louis area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!