“Very convenient place to stay for touring St. Louis area attractions. Use "STLFUN" for lower prices with online booking.”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 14 July 2009

This hotel, sitting near the junction of I-44 and I-270, is one of the most conveniently located hotels, for a good price, that you will come upon. That said, this hotel proved to be rather clean, very quite, had an excellent full breakfast, but was a tab bit cumbersome to get to off Bowels Ave.

And during online booking at the Drury Inn website, if you click on "promotional rate," and then type in "STLFUN," you'll probably get a discount on your room. Mine was $15 off what I would have paid without it. It beats nothing for sure.

The room was clean and quite, the TV was excellent and the staff was very helpful. Our full breakfast consisted of biscuits, gravy, eggs, fruits, toasts, four types of cereals, juices and milk and more. In the afternoon, free soft drinks and popcorn are available, plus you get one hour of free long distance calling from your room. There's also an exercise room with good equipment for a quick workout. It wasn't pieces of junk like I've seen at others.

I can't properly rate the swimming pool, however, because of the unusual St. Louis weather. On the day we arrived, a severe thunderstorm rolled in with 50 mph winds. I was in the lobby waiting on our room, and was so glad to be there. I thought the winds were going to uproot trees in the yard. Anyway, the winds blew lots of trash into the indoor-outdoor combo pool. It then rained for four straight hours, lowering the pool's temperature to very cold levels. To the hotel's credit, they did pump hot water into it and made it usable again before bedtime. Daytime temps, normally around 90, never hit 80 as a result of the clouds. I cannot fault the staff for the pool's condition that day. The hot tub, however, was in great condition and very enjoyable. We stayed only one night on this quick trip, and I didn't get to use it again.

As far as location, I-44 takes you straight into downtown, about 18 miles away. You are less than 20 minutes from Six Flags going the other way. Also, you are also located in a good positions to see places like Grant's Farm, the railroad and car collection at the nearby National Transportation Museum, the Butterfly House at Faust Park, the Magic House children's museum (about four miles away) and all the sights at Forest Park, such as the St. Louis Zoo. Note: I-64 was closed for reworking while I was there, so this makes traffic on I-44 heavier than normal, especially in the mornings and afternoon rushes.

As far as restaurants, the hotel sits between a Denny's and a Cracker Barrel, with others located right down the road at the Valley Park exit, two miles west. There's also a Target, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and other shopping areas nearby on Lindbergh Blvd.

The only downside to the hotel for me was getting to it. You take the Bowels Ave exit, then you have to turn between a Sonic and a gas station, and drive back past a Pear Tree Inn and Denny's. The Pear Tree and Denny's all seem to share the same parking lot. Once you get use to that, there's no problem. And the front exit from the hotel is directly on the eastbound I-44 ramp toward downtown St. Louis.

Overall, I would recommend this place, and would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank DyersburgTraveler
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Reviewed 30 June 2009

We selected a 2-room suite for our 4-night stay. Construction was still going on, but we had a nice stay. Mitch at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Donna served a great breakfast!

Hotel has easy access to I-44, only minutes from the Zoo, Grant's Farm, Gateway Arch, and Six Flags.

Only two negatives: Elevators were usually not working. The "business center" was located on a small table in the lobby. The computer was old and slow and locked up frequently. It took a long time to check email. I'm sure these will be corrected after constructions is complete.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derrill L
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Have never been disappointed at a Drury Inn.. This is no exception. Yes it is an older one, but just nice considering the price vs. service we received. Great breakfast and evening service, as always at a Drury. bathrooms were a little tight, but as I said, it is an older location Clean, and very well kept. Nice pool area. Very friendly hosts...Drury is my families first choice every time...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Stayed here with my family on a little Six Flags getaway. I read the reviews here, as I always do, and looked at the very few ratings of 3 or less out of five. Seeing how there were only 2 or 3 of these, I checked out what they had to say. Apparently these people complaining are people who frequent the Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons brands, because this Drury Inn was outstanding! I booked on the Drury website, took the e-Saver rate ($20 less than their next best offer), requested a room away from the elevators and vending machines, and also requested extra pillows and towels for our room. I called to confirm and they had everything down to the last detail. When we arrived, the only thing they missed was the extra towels, but they provided those for us in a flash. The complimentary evening drinks were great for the price paid (see: NOTHING)- I won't complain about free booze. The bartender even made a really good Shirley Temple with extra cherries for my daughter. The GM, Sean, even reccomended a great local place for dinner. If you do stay here, Try Tucker's Place in Manchester- you'll love the pork loin chop! After dinner, it was the pool. The pool was crowded but everyone was easy to get along with and a good time was had by all. My daughter even tried to use her paddle board in the hot tub, to the amusement of everyone. Breakfast was excellent, and, yes, it was crowded. But we managed to get a table and enjoy our meal. We checked out with a smile from the front desk staff and proceeded to Six Flags. The staff were absolutely wonderful and friendly, the room and facilities were spotless and comfortable, and the complimentary food and drinks were great. The only real complaint I could lodge would be to have them replace all the double beds with Queens. There's room enough for the switch. Other than that, I really don't see what anyone would complain about. If your traveling style demands suites, book a suite everywhere you go. If you want a great room that's spotless and comfy with lots of "extras that don't cost extra", then Drury Inns are the way to go. Especially the one in Fenton, MO.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2008

This Drury Inn is basically what it should be with relation to a fine company that does a great job managing it's properties. I have to say that this is an older one though and it shows in several ways. The rooms and bathrooms are a little small, and the carpets throughout had stains. The pool was pretty crowded with unsupervised kids as well. Breakfast was okay, the free soda and popcorn is a nice touch. Drury does a great job but I have to say that this hotel was okay.. Just Okay..

There is a brand new Drury Inn only two miles west in Valley Park that did not show up for some reason, maybe it was sold out. But I will try that one next time I come that way.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed the weekend in STlouis with 2 small children the DURY was better than I had expected .The staff was super nice and helpful .Nice pool and resturants were located near by,a great place for families on vacation,or just passing through.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We booked a one night stay for our first quick trip to St. louis attractions: The magic house, Gateway Arch, and Grants Farm. This hotel is within 5 miles to The most of our destination except for the arch which is 25 min. in downtown.
I booked directly on hotel website for $69 using the family saver promotion code. Google st. louis attraction and it gave the a list of coupons for pear tree, drury, grant farm, and magic farm (Buy 1 get 1 ticket).. So check that out for extra savings!
I requested a non smoking room (preferably a suite) when I booked online and join the drury key club membership. So, when we checked in, they had our room ready and gave us a king non smoking suite.. Pretty nice with a separate door for the bedroom and living area with a sofa bed. We had 2 young toddlers with us so that sofa bed was needed since there were no double non smoking available. The room was decent but smelled stuffy. The bathroom was roomy but for a suite it should have better floor or countertop. Just my opinion.
Alright, the hotel has no whistle and bells but do have extras that are complimentary unlike other hotels... free hot breakfast (waffes, sausage patty, scrambled eggs, bagels, cereals, muffins, etc)... Also manager cocktail hour (wine, drinks) during 6 to 8pm. There is a popcorn machine. soft drinks (pepsi, etc) in the lobby free until 10pm..
The pool is not really in indoor/outdoor. My DH says it was cold. So, if you want an indoor then check another location. There is free internet and printer in the lobby. did not use it so no comment.
Overall, good value since they don't nickel and dime you. Good parking, located near the freeway, accessible to attractions, refreg/ microwave, free hot breakfast, unlimited soft drinks and popcorn, free internet and 1 hour phone call each night

Stayed: June 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!