This hotel, sitting near the junction of I-44 and I-270, is one of the most conveniently located hotels, for a good price, that you will come upon. That said, this hotel proved to be rather clean, very quite, had an excellent full breakfast, but was a tab bit cumbersome to get to off Bowels Ave.
And during online booking at the Drury Inn website, if you click on "promotional rate," and then type in "STLFUN," you'll probably get a discount on your room. Mine was $15 off what I would have paid without it. It beats nothing for sure.
The room was clean and quite, the TV was excellent and the staff was very helpful. Our full breakfast consisted of biscuits, gravy, eggs, fruits, toasts, four types of cereals, juices and milk and more. In the afternoon, free soft drinks and popcorn are available, plus you get one hour of free long distance calling from your room. There's also an exercise room with good equipment for a quick workout. It wasn't pieces of junk like I've seen at others.
I can't properly rate the swimming pool, however, because of the unusual St. Louis weather. On the day we arrived, a severe thunderstorm rolled in with 50 mph winds. I was in the lobby waiting on our room, and was so glad to be there. I thought the winds were going to uproot trees in the yard. Anyway, the winds blew lots of trash into the indoor-outdoor combo pool. It then rained for four straight hours, lowering the pool's temperature to very cold levels. To the hotel's credit, they did pump hot water into it and made it usable again before bedtime. Daytime temps, normally around 90, never hit 80 as a result of the clouds. I cannot fault the staff for the pool's condition that day. The hot tub, however, was in great condition and very enjoyable. We stayed only one night on this quick trip, and I didn't get to use it again.
As far as location, I-44 takes you straight into downtown, about 18 miles away. You are less than 20 minutes from Six Flags going the other way. Also, you are also located in a good positions to see places like Grant's Farm, the railroad and car collection at the nearby National Transportation Museum, the Butterfly House at Faust Park, the Magic House children's museum (about four miles away) and all the sights at Forest Park, such as the St. Louis Zoo. Note: I-64 was closed for reworking while I was there, so this makes traffic on I-44 heavier than normal, especially in the mornings and afternoon rushes.
As far as restaurants, the hotel sits between a Denny's and a Cracker Barrel, with others located right down the road at the Valley Park exit, two miles west. There's also a Target, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and other shopping areas nearby on Lindbergh Blvd.
The only downside to the hotel for me was getting to it. You take the Bowels Ave exit, then you have to turn between a Sonic and a gas station, and drive back past a Pear Tree Inn and Denny's. The Pear Tree and Denny's all seem to share the same parking lot. Once you get use to that, there's no problem. And the front exit from the hotel is directly on the eastbound I-44 ramp toward downtown St. Louis.
Overall, I would recommend this place, and would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traveling for business? Choose our Fenton hotel, near corporate headquarters for Maritz, Fabick CAT, UniGroup and Joyce Meyer Ministries. Guests visit for national competitions at St. Louis Soccer Park and enjoy nearby attractions like Six Flags St. Louis. Our rooms are clean and comfortable, and our rates include free hot breakfast and 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Fenton-St. Louis
- Drury Inn & Suites Fenton-St. Louis Hotel Fenton
- Drury Inn Fenton
- Drury Fenton
- Drury Inn Hotel Fenton
- Fenton Drury