“Can't be beat”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Fenton
Boston
“Can't be beat”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Hotel staff were extremely friendly. Rooms were clean (no bed bugs). Not enough can be said for the 5:30 kickoff and breakfast deals. Food was great-- hot and cold! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 10 September 2010

This place was fantastic and a great value for the money. Everything was clean including the lobby and all common areas, the room, the shower--everything. The room was plenty big and the bathroom was a nice size--larger than the standard potty crammed beside the shower. The decor was lovely. No problem using the complimentary wireless internet. We had dinner plans, so didn't get to take advantage of the evening appetizers & drinks, but it sounded like plenty to make a meal out of. Location was on the SW side of St Louis--close to the zoo and a short drive the next morning to the Arch. Staff was very friendly & anxious to be of assistance.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 6 August 2010

For me the most important things about a hotel/motel is the comfort of the bed and cleanliness. We were extremely pleased with our stay at Drury and would definately stay again. The bed was VERY comfortable ... and everything was perfect for our stay away from home. Thank You!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

You could hear the door all night long and there eating area is to small

• Stayed March 2010
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Free food, but I'd rather pay. The "5:30 kickback" should be called "feeding frenzy", as there is not enough seating for all guests. Breakfast was much better, especially the waffles. The rooms are small and the toilet didn't work properly. Staff were friendly and helpful, but I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2010
KimChappell, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton, responded to this review, 6 August 2010
With summer vacations in full swing, the hotel was at maximum occupancy during your stay and a very busy time for all involved! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the longer than usual lines for the 5:30 Kickback. While every effort is made to move the guests though the line as quickly as possible, we can certainly understand your frustration. If ever during a stay you have questions or concerns (for example, the toilet not working correctly), please let us know so we can work to resolve the issue before check-out. We appreciate your feedback and have shared a copy of your message with the hotel's management team.
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I am totally a Drury Hotel fan. This is the second time I have stayed at a Drury Hotel and the services, room, etc. did not let me down. The hotel does offer smoking rooms and wi-fi which is a plus for my spouse. From 3:00 to 10:00 the hotel offers free popcorn and soda. At 5:30 they have the kick-back program which offers hot dogs, chili, baked potatoes, pretzels, potato chips, salad, nachos & salsa, etc. If you are over 21 they also include a drink ticket for 3 alcoholic beverages per person. I lucked out there because my spouse doesn't drink and I got to have 6 beers. Of course, I had to bring 4 of them to my room. No way could I possibly drink 6 beers in 90 minutes. They also offer a morning breakfast buffet which includes scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc. And if you dare you can make your own waffle. I did notice a lot of people had a hard time with the waffle mix sticking to the maker. The pool is small however it is indoor/outdoor connected and of course they have the exercise room. For the price we paid for the night ($89.99) I thought we got a great deal!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
KY
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We recently stayed for a few nights. Family of 4 w/ 2 young kids.
My thoughts in summarized form:
It was very affordable for the amenities.
The free food & drinks were a giant plus, and truthfully the deciding factor in choosing to stay there. Food was "eh... okay". My kids really enjoyed the meals (think hot dogs, nachos, etc), my husband & I, hmmm, not so much. But it was FREE! Each adult (over 21) gets a "drink card" which allots you 2 FREE alcoholic drinks per day. Plus they offer FREE sodas all day! The breakfast was by far MUCH more tolerable than "kickback". My only "real" complaint with free food (lol) is how crowded the eating area was. It was like hurded cattle. lol Very small space, very warm room (in mid-summer). Kinda hard to enjoy your meal (even thought it's free) because you feel like your basking in stranger's breath. lol
As far as distance... It's not too far out, 10-15 minutes tops from Zoo & Magic House.
The decor, etc at the hotel was very early 1990's. Very typical, but seemingly low-end if you're used to staying in updated and renovated lodging. Even though it was perfectly standard for hotel accomodations maybe 10 years ago, the remodel-fad makes it seems more like dreary, than Drury. Does that makes sense?
The staff was VERY helpful, welcoming, cheerful, professional, and inviting. Which is pretty hard to come by these days. :) And we appreciated that!
My kids really enjoyed the pool too! It's half outside/half in. My only complaint here is the amount of chlorine. CHOKE! As soon as you walk in the room your eyes will burn, and Lord help you if you get any water IN your eyes. I totally understand why they use so much... but for me, it caused an instant migraine. :(
Free internet... :)
Free long distance for an hour every night :)
All in all.... it was a good experience. We had a great time together as a family. My only suggestion really for the Drury Inn is to seriously consider a remodel! Thats really the only thing holding them back competition wise in the industry.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton? Share your experiences!