“Hit or Miss”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Mesa, Arizona
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My first visit to the Cork Wine Bar was mostly enjoyable! The food was delicous (pasta with shrimp and a Kale salad) and the wine was excellent as well. The service was a little slow. The downer for the evening was a guest at the next table who found something unfoodlike in her chickpea stew.

My second trip to was less enjoyable. The Eggplant Pizza was a misnomer as not a piece of eggplant could be found. Instead, the eggplant puree that can be found in a jar at Trader Joe's formed the sauce.

The wine was confusing. There were three of us. One person ordered the 3 ounce glass of wine for $3.00. The other two of us followed suit and ordered wine, failing to specify the 3 ounce choice since the other person already had done so. When our wine came, we saw no discernable difference between the 3 ounce glass and our glasses. We continued on and ordered a second round when asked. Imagine our surprise when we found that we had been served two 6 ounce glasss of wine - or at least charged for the 6-ounce glasses ($6.00 each). The price for the wine was extremely reasonable for happy hour prices, but I would rather choose to spend $12.00 on drinks rather than be surprised when the bill comes. And I really am not a big drinker and tend to order a smaller glass.

At that point, the wine was gone and there didn't seem to be any evidence left to dispute. Why the waitress didn't clarify what we were ordering, I'll never know. It wasn't busy when we were there with one other table - possibly two and that is all.

It is a shame that both of my experiences have been poor as this is a lovely setting and serves a niche unfilled by any other local company. I would be interested in stopping in for music and a glass of wine (that I have confirmed the size of), but I will have to consider eating there again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kathie31281

Ferguson, Missouri, United States
“It's ok”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

On a busy night, It just doesn't have enough room... The drink is fine... the price is average, a tad higher than I would like for a single glass or simple taste. The staff is great... The place is owned by the same owner of the Microbrewery across the street, and Vincenzo's. Obviously a very good business man... Ferguson owes it's butt to his keeping the downtown up and running.

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unexpected surprise”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A group of three of us were looking for a place to grab some drinks and food after a show at the Touhill. After searching online the Cork Wine Bar popped up and it was only 2 miles away. We had no idea what to expect since none of us are from this area but we decided to give it a try and we were very glad we did.

The restaurant is on the small side but there was also a lot of outdoor seating. We found one table still open and it was able to accommodate three of us - two in a booth and one in a chair.

All of the food was fantastic and the staff super friendly. We got four plates to share between us. I read past reviews and people said that the portions were small but we didn't think so at all. We started with the cheese plate which has 4 different types of cheese and the amount was more than any cheese plate I have gotten in other restaurants. By far our favorite was the EBLT sliders. It came with three sliders which was perfect for us.

They have a great selection of wine by the bottle but also offered wine flights which we opted for. Three different types and generous pours.

Our only problem with our experience was our table was too small to fit everything on!

We will be back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank debducar
Indianapolis, Indiana
“I heart Cork”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is my "neighborhood" wine bar. We go here often and always have a great time, excellent wine and terrific food.

My last visit was on Friday with my sister. It was her first visit to Cork and she loved it too. We shared the Bacon Salad, Sprouts, White Pizza and Pasta. The Pasta was the best dish I think I have ever had at Cork, maybe anywhere. I'm craving it still.

The atmosphere at Cork is perfect for a girls night out or a romantic bottle of wine.

• Visited December 2012
North Wildwood, New Jersey
“Get there for happy hour...and get the sliders!”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I was in the area on business, and none of us wanted to go out for "dinner". So we ended up at Cork.
Do not get the salsa and chips..why is it cold and weird tasting?
Get the sliders with the bacon and egg on them. OMG - so good.
The popcorn was really good too. I think they just put some seasoned salt on it, but it's happy hour food everyone can enjoy.

• Visited September 2012