“Really good place for lunch”
Review of El Palenque Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Palenque Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Using family recipes handed down and perfected over generations, Joel and Maria Flores have made El Palenque Mexican Restaurant and Cantina the place to go for authentic Mexican food. Relax with friends and family over a pitcher of margaritas out on the patio or enjoy a great meal at a reasonable price in the beautiful dining room. Located just minutes from the University of Missouri St. Louis (UMSL) and both highways 170 and 270.
Arlington, Texas
“Really good place for lunch”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Authentic Mexican food for sure. Service was fantastic; there were about 8 of us for lunch on a Friday. Food was very good. I have pretty high Mexican food standards being from Texas so I can't give it the top rating. I got the 1lb burrito with steak. Very tasty. The chips and salsa were average. Next time I am in St. Louis for work I'll visit here again. Love supporting the mom and pop establishments.

• Visited January 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good "real" mexican”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

El Palenque is my go to for Mexican in St Louis. I like a "real" mexican meal and El Plaenque gives me this. I usually get the Trio of Taco dinner with steak and it's always terrific. I love their cheese sauce with chorizo (Quesa Fundido con Chorizo) and they have AMAZING flan.

The caramel sauce is the best I ever had and we always have it in our fridge at home. The homemade candy is amazing and it's great to give as gifts.

Maria is a treat, as is her entire family. And the new cantina is wonderful!

Visited December 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
“The best service I've ever received!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We were looking for a lunch place for 10 of us and we were on a tight schedule. We were greeted with enthusiasm and assurance that we would be served quickly. 2 waitresses took our orders and we all had our food in less than 10 minutes. The food was amazing but the service was even better!

I have since returned, by myself, and again on a tight schedule. I had my meal within 5 minutes of walking thru the door, and again, it was delicious! The staff are so friendly and really work hard to make sure your dining experience is perfect!

• Visited August 2011