Comfort Inn Festus
US$114
Hotels.com
US$80
US$77
All reviewswaffleswould stay here againroom was cleanfront deskchoice hotelssausagemini fridgewonderful breakfaststayed two nightssolar eclipseroom key to entermakeup removerreally nice place to staythis past weekendcoffee makergas stationst louis
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We arrived at our hotel after midnight. As soon a we walked in the door we were welcomed by the desk clerk who then thanked me for my Choice Hotels gold status. The room was super nice & clean, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was clean, with plenty of choices & the staff was very polite. Check out was pleasant. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. If I am ever back in the area, I would most definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This Comfort Inn is very clean and their staff is very helpful and friendly. We didn't eat at their breakfast room but another couple we were with said it was very nice. This is about the most quiet place I have ever stayed even though it is on the interstate and we stayed on Labor Day weekend. Can't think of one thing I disliked about this place.

Room Tip: Probably rooms on the back side are quieter--that's where we were and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

On a recent trip to Cape Girardeau to pick up a scooter, we stayed at the Comfort Inn and found everything about the facility to be first class from the friendly and helpful desk clerk to the clean and comfortable room to the wonderful breakfast. The rates were very reasonable and it being a totally smoke-free establishment made it all the more enjoyable. The breakfast area was ample in size and well stocked with items not normally seen--namely biscuits and gravy, waffles. scrambled eggs, sausage patties and the list goes on. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 224 and found it quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pat1ntom2
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This Comfort Inn is comfortable, and clean, and I really have no complaints except the fact that housekeepers came in without bothering to knock, more than once. Once they even had to take the Do Not Disturb sign out of the lock to open the door. REALLY?? The housekeepers were very friendly and I feel like I'm tattling, but this is really unacceptable. I believe this is mostly the fault of the management and training, not the housekeepers, as we are in hotels/motels approximately 200 nights a year, and this has only happened on a handful of occasions. I would stay here again, but I would make sure to double lock the room when I was in it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We just completed a stay at this hotel and for a Interstate hotel, it was very comfortable and quiet. The room was just the right size with a refrigerator and microwave and we rested well. I don't have any problem recommending this property.

Our reservations were business related and the arrangements were made for our stay. I always call ahead to confirm the reservations and found out we were assigned double bedded rooms. I requested that one be changed to a king bedded room. The manager was inflexible saying she would not do that based on a computer coding. The hotel was not sold out, we are Elite Diamond for Choice Hotels, yet she said the reservation had to be cancelled and re-made by calling the hotel in order for her to do that. Way too much trouble for us because other people were involved in the reservations. When we checked in, a wonderful lady at the front desk said there were notes from the manager saying our room could not be changed to a king bed room - the hotel was no where near capacity that evening - maybe 15 cars were in the parking lot. I told her it was a shame that codes on a computer and "procedures" take precedence over the comfort of guests. Within a few minutes I saw her checking the system and low and behold this kind lady was able to put us into a king bedded room. This made our stay so much better and I told her over and over how much we appreciated what she did.

I wish hotel managers would keep in mind the reason they have their jobs - GUESTS! The guest should always come first and they should do whatever possible to make their stays a comfortable and enjoyable experience. To tell a guest they can't do something because of their "procedures" is telling the guest their business is really not appreciated and their rules are more important than the fact someone is spending money at their hotel. Now, if the hotel was completely full, that would have been a different situation. But in a case like this, in a virtually empty hotel, moving us to a king room was not that big of a request - especially in light of my Elite Diamond status with the hotel chain too! Thank goodness there was someone at the front desk the evening we checked in that realized the importance of keeping the guests happy. In my opinion, that lady needs to be promoted to the manager position!!!

Room Tip: Make SURE you know the type of room your reserving prior to coming to this hotel...if you deal with the current manager, she's pretty inflexible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business