“Average Hotel”

Comfort Inn Festus
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Festus
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Tried this hotel during a recent trip. External appearance told me this was a dated and older Comfort Inn. I was right. Nothing really wrong with this hotel; I just look for fresh and new when I travel. Given the other choices in Festus, I will probably pass this one by till they upgrade.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Westfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

The place was convenient to mainly fast food places so we traveled a bit for a good restaurant, my sisters place. The hotel was nice the people helpful and friendly. The room was clean and nicely furnished, especially the chair, I fell asleep in it. The breakfast was good and had the normal things but added sausage gravy and smoked sausage. The fitness center was ok. They had a cheap weight machine that probably would have caused more damage than help your fitness but the treadmill and bike were good. I'd stay there again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped here for the night to avoid driving through a storm. The lady behind the desk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The bed was ok. The breakfast was typical of comfort inn's and was fine. The only complaint that I have, was the air conditioner was making a weird sounds that kept walking us up. I slept much better than my wife.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Dleep
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We arrived at our hotel after midnight. As soon a we walked in the door we were welcomed by the desk clerk who then thanked me for my Choice Hotels gold status. The room was super nice & clean, the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast area was clean, with plenty of choices & the staff was very polite. Check out was pleasant. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. If I am ever back in the area, I would most definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandra W
Southern Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This Comfort Inn is very clean and their staff is very helpful and friendly. We didn't eat at their breakfast room but another couple we were with said it was very nice. This is about the most quiet place I have ever stayed even though it is on the interstate and we stayed on Labor Day weekend. Can't think of one thing I disliked about this place.

Room Tip: Probably rooms on the back side are quieter--that's where we were and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Friendship, Wi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

On a recent trip to Cape Girardeau to pick up a scooter, we stayed at the Comfort Inn and found everything about the facility to be first class from the friendly and helpful desk clerk to the clean and comfortable room to the wonderful breakfast. The rates were very reasonable and it being a totally smoke-free establishment made it all the more enjoyable. The breakfast area was ample in size and well stocked with items not normally seen--namely biscuits and gravy, waffles. scrambled eggs, sausage patties and the list goes on. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 224 and found it quiet and clean.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pat1ntom2
Clear Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This Comfort Inn is comfortable, and clean, and I really have no complaints except the fact that housekeepers came in without bothering to knock, more than once. Once they even had to take the Do Not Disturb sign out of the lock to open the door. REALLY?? The housekeepers were very friendly and I feel like I'm tattling, but this is really unacceptable. I believe this is mostly the fault of the management and training, not the housekeepers, as we are in hotels/motels approximately 200 nights a year, and this has only happened on a handful of occasions. I would stay here again, but I would make sure to double lock the room when I was in it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Festus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Festus
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
BEST WESTERN St. Louis Inn
BEST WESTERN St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry

Been to Comfort Inn Festus? Share your experiences!