“Wedding weekend”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Festus
St Louis, United States
“Wedding weekend”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had a wedding party from out of town stay for the holiday weekend. The accommodations were much better than they expected for the price. My daughter got married at a winery nearby and the location of the hotel was convenient for the out of town guests and wedding party. My only suggestion would be to have a "What's nearby" type of leaflet to pass on to out of towners highlighting all the local restaurants, fast food and better such as Tatros, local attractions such as the Crystal City Cave as well as all the touristy things in St Louis.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Festus, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2014

You would be better off sleeping in your car or under the Overpass of the local freeway. This place is old and outdated and the smell of must and mildew in the air is horrible. The roof leaks and the windows leak. If you are on the 3rd or 4th floors there is no AC in the hallway's. Elevators are not posted and we walked around for 10 minutes trying to find them.They keep the lighting very dim so you can't see the damage. When the power went out the emergency lighting lasted all of 10 minutes and then you were in the dark from there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

5 Thank Fred C

Travellers are raving about these Festus hotels

Festus
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The ac in the room did not work properly. I was there for a wedding and we had no ac in the banquet room, it was very hot in the room for the reception. None of the ice machines worked on any floors , you had to go the front desk for ice. There was bugs floating in the pool. When I complained to the Manager Brendon on Monday, he told me since I booked thru expedia there was nothing he could do about the rate. I only booked thru there because got a better rate then what the manager was giving the guests for the wedding group. He was no help at all , offered nothing in any way at all for all the issues during my stay. I will never stay there again. It was horrible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Karen H
Independence, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2014

When I got in the lobby, I could hardly hear the desk clerks b/c of the wedding reception in the big room. I mentioned it, they just said it was finishing up. SO CLOSE THE DOORS!! Grrr… Then when I went to get ice, I found 3 ice machines that didn't have any ice before going to the front desk where they gave me 1/4 bucket of ice. Turns out, WHEN I ASKED the next morning after trying again, that they KNEW the machines on the north side were broken. You can't put up a sign, or let me when know I check in before I hunt all over the place? So AFTER wehad been to the front desk for ice, AND another towel b/c we only had 3, I tried to get on the Internet just before bed. TURNS OUT you have to have a voucher (a.k.a. stupid little piece of paper w/numbers on it). YOU CAN'T TELL ME THE NUMBERS ON THE PHONE??? Then in the morning, we had to wait at check-out b/c the only guy who could get me a receipt had just gone upstairs to help the girl across the hall whose door knob was broken. Then when he got back down, he took a phone call from someone who called about lost n found from several weeks ago... (OH, and before we arrived, I called to tell them we were coming in late. She said someone had already check us in. What??? She was wrong.. it was another person w/the same last name, but good grief!) I MUST add, however, that the man at the front desk was EXTREMELY nice and apologetic... it just didn't get the job done. OTHERWISE, the hotel was clean, and breakfast was VERY good (for continental.)

1 Thank Diane W
Brendon C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
Dear Diane W.:

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com and I apologize your stay did not meet yours and our expectations. We are working on the issues that you mentioned and invite you to return in the future. I certainly welcome you to the hotel again to experience the new staff members and re-training that we have received. The things you mentioned were mistakes on our part and we have learned from those and have certainly improved. Please contact me any time at your convenience at gm@lexingtoninnfestus.com.

Brendon P. Corbett
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were very impressed with our stay. We had two rooms, both very clean and comfortable with pillows so soft, I took off the pillow case to check the label. There were a couple of ice machines out of order so the gentleman at the front desk retrieved a bag of ice for us and brought it to us at checkout so we could keep our beverages cold. The staff at breakfast was especially kind, offering us food to take along in the car, because we didn't have time to eat it in the dining room due to our schedule that day. We will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we visit Festus, Mo.

Corinth, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had made reservations, got there sort of late,around 11pm. Check in was quick and easy,our room was a little dated but nice and clean. The bathroom was a little small and the A/C was a little noisy but we made it fine. They had a good selection for the free breakfast, better than many of the mid range hotels we've stayed. Didn't look around too much but it did look like they had a nice work out room and swimming area. All the employees I talked with were very nice and pleasant. Convenient and close to interstate 55 and stores and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Aurora, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Location is right off the interstate 55 and easy to find. The hotel is neat and clean and the rooms are spacious. The room I occupied had two double beds and plenty of pillows. Each bed had four pillows that were fluffy and comfortable. Checkout was facilitated by sliding the bill under the door in the early morning so that all I had to do when leaving was drop the keys off at the front desk and i was on my way. The breakfast was great with a variety of hot and cold foods, such as a waffle maker, french toast. eggs, sausage patties, yogurt, and several varieties of breads for toasting. A good breakfast indeed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Festus
Comfort Inn Festus
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Timber Creek Resort

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!