“Excellent dinner menu”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Family run old fashion restaurant. The decor hasn't changed in years but the food is outstanding. They have specials several nights a week (check their website) Friendly staff are very attentive. They have a banquet area for weddings. A nice bar area.

1  Thank Bob S

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've been going to Yacovelli's for about once a month several years now and have really enjoyed their steak dinners. They used to have a t-bone steak special that was superb, but I guess the times for that deal are gone, but now i always order their rib-eye dinners and have not been disappointed. The meat is tender and juicy and cooked just the way I order it every time. I normally have a baked potato, which is always fresh and hot and just the right size, and the salads are very nice, too, with a variety of items and is perfect with their house dressing. They also serve hot rolls which are fresh and tasty and can be dipped in olive oil mixed with Parmesan cheese, if you prefer. That's the meal I always seem to have to have, but they do have a menu full of variety from Italian to Poultry to Seafood, as well. The staff is nice and attentive and the atmosphere very pleasant and tasteful. I am looking forward to having dinner there tomorrow night.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'd never heard of toasted ravioli until visiting St Louis. These are made right there and are great. It's listed as an appetizer, but I made it a meal by finishing with their pecan salad that had strawberries and caramelized pecans with a slightly sweet poppy seed dressing. A perfect combination.

Only downside was the beer deliveries hadn't been made and they were out of several brands.

Highly recommended

1  Thank TravelerPaul18
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Close to home and really never had a problem. Been for receptions, parties and dinner. We really enjoy the food and have never had a problem.

2  Thank 2Royces
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Let me start by saying, my family was very much looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day together for brunch. We were seating on time, but the table was so dimly lit, it was like we were eating in the dark. Breakfast food consisted of scrambled eggs (tasted like they were made from a powdered mix), bacon that reminded me of the precooked microwaveable kind, potatoes (bag frozen kind) biscuits and gravy. The prime rib was average. The fried chicken was dry. The au gratin potatoes tasted just like the box you can buy from the store. The salad bar was nothing special and the fresh fruit was lacking flavor. The apple pie was good, but the chocolate cake was dry. For $24.95 per person, I expected a lot better food and better service, which wasn't that good either! I feel terrible that our very large party spent so much money on food that tasted like it came from Ponderosa. So Disappointing!

1  Thank charlotte2112