“Excellent Historic Resturant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Food and service are always excellent, but I did notice that the portions have shrunk, while the prices have increased. Atmosphere is always great and it always seems packed

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My mother, adult daughter, and I participated in the Vino Van Gogh event on June 10, 2014. This was our second painting event at Hendel's and we learned from a few of our mistakes! First, if you participate in this event, go early and eat! Hendel's is always great, but it so much more relaxing to arrive prior to the event start time. We had, fish, filet mignon, and pork tenderloin medallions. Everything was absolutely wonderful. Service was friendly, prompt, attentive, and fun! It was a great start to our artistic evening.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was the highlight restaurant of out 2. day St. Louis visit. I didn't take that long to drive there from the center, yet when u arrive u feel as though u are in a different country, or part of the country. I always love these little hidden gems away from the hustle and bustle. It's family owned and our server was very nice and helpful.we went as a family, but even as a single person, or as a romantic couple outing, this place is perfect!, by the way try the desserts! The pastry chef was on a tv show, and for a reason.....we had the Ooey

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been to Hendel's multiple times and have always had great food and service. The Cajun pasta is my favorite and goto meal. Honestly, you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. They also have a great selection of seasonal beers and cocktails to compliment the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hendel's Market and Cafe is our favorite restaurant bar none. The staff is friendly the food is great and it's close to home, and it's right here in Florissant. They will change the items for you to suit your taste. I cannot have spicy food, so if I want a spice left out or no peppers, they will gladly make it to suit me. I only had one dish I didn't care for, and that was years ago. It was the chef's special for that day. I didn't eat the pasta, and politely said something to the serve. They surprisingly took it off the bill. I can't guarantee that they will do that all of the time, because their food is so good. WE LOVE THIS RESTAURANT. I have to add that this review does not allow us to add that we have been here many times for breakfast, lunch dinner and just dessert. Give it a try.