“Priced right clean ok friendly”
Review of Madison Inn Lodge

Madison Inn Lodge
Madison Inn Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredericktown
Columbia,IL
“Priced right clean ok friendly”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Price $55 clean room and quiet. Got in late an staff was pleasant helped with local details. Would stay here again. Your choices in the area are limited but this should do fine. The location is good to highway and not far from town

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank rollinsthomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A friend booked this hotel stay for myself and two other girlfriends due to it's proximatey to a winery nearby. Given the area, there really aren't many choices in which to stay. As other reviewers have mentioned, this place is not the cleanest. Upon entering the small front desk/lobby area, I found the seating area to be a couch and console television. Our room was in the back on the second floor (you enter the room from the outside) with two double beds. Although I didn't see any live bugs in the room, I did see one large bug squished on the wall that the cleaning staff failed to remove. At first glance the bathroom appeared to be clean, until you closed the door and found the pile of hair built up in the corners. The sheets appeared clean, however, the pillows were terribly stained. The whole room had a dingy appearance and needed a make-over. We had to leave early the next morning and decided to just get home to shower as we were questioning the tub's cleanliness. This was a good thing because there were no bath towels in the room (only a washcloth and hand towel). We also decided against breakfast, so I am not able to leave feedback on this. You definately get what you pay for and had we had another choice, we would have stayed somewhere else. I will not visit this establishment again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank nixtravelz

Travellers are raving about these Fredericktown hotels

fredericktown
Reviewed 21 February 2012

yeah, madison inn lodge may not be perfect nor is it the fanciest place to stay in but it is a place to stay. as am employee the rooms are all cleaned as our manager tells us to do so. if there is a problem with your room speak with the manager see if something cant be arranged to where you can get a different room. madison inn lodge is clean, sheets and pillow cases are clean and ive been employeed there for about a year and have not yet seen a roach. there is free wifi, and there are hair dryers and iron and ironing boards provided upon request. there are also refriderator and microwave available upon request

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you pay for the room. im sure there wont be a problem to show you to the...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Katamara M
mccalla,AL
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I travel on business all over the country and stayed at this motel while working on a project nearby.It's not the Hilton,I can promise that! However it was clean and there was WiFi(a necessity for us. Any reasonable request was honored,we did find a spider in the bathroom on our second day,which terrified me as I know Missouri has a huge Brown Recluse population. My husband informed the front desk and pest control was out that afternoon.We stayed in total about five weeks and while I agree that there are better hotels in Farmington,it wasn't bad.There was a laundry room onsite,breakfast each morning and the staff was always polite.My husband even used the side lawn to practice his chip shot(with permission of course!) If you are expecting Egyptian cotton sheets and room service,keep going....but not bad for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Check the room for spiders! This goes for any hotel in Missouri.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank redisbetter
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We are in town for a funeral so not much choice. But let's just say that it may be cleaner than it looks but it's so dated that bleach can't help thread barren sheets and cigarette burned comforters. I'll be triple checking my stuff before taking it in my home.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank NikR
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My sister in law and I were traveling through the area on our motorcycles and got caught in a rainstorm and despite the reviews we read on Trip Advisor decided to take a chance. BIG MISTAKE!!! Upon entering our room we rolled back the bedding to check the sheets, while doing that a cockroach crawled out from under one of the beds. We immediately went down to the office to give our key back and go some where else. We were told by the desk clerk that the manager would have to credit our cc's back and would call us the next day to confirm that this was done. When he did call back he was extremely rude and defensive. He refused to give us a full refund, offering us only 50% back. We are now in the process of disputing this charge with our cc companies. Next I will definitley trust what I read on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debbie K
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The rooms were absolutely disgusting. When we arrived we noticed the screened in window was open and the temp was 95+ outside so we were concerned about the room temp. As soon as we walked in there was at least 2 dozen flies in the room and it did not smell good. The A/C was not on and when we turned it on a bunch of stuff blew out of it, God only knows what it was. The front of the small A/C unit was missing and you could see all kinds of filthy inside it. (Even after we had been there for the 2 hours prior to leaving it had still not cooled the room down) My wife looked at me and was like "really". I told her I would go to Wal-mart and get a fly swatter and it would be okay. Upon my return house keeping showed up to give us our towels which they had forgot to put in there earlier. We sat down to eat the McDs I had got and was repeatively bombed by flies, I think I killed 9 during lunch alone and we all killed at least 2 dozen the entire time we were in the room and there were still flies left. The room was poorly lite and the furniture was in poor repair. The carpet was dirty, my sons feet were black after only 45 min of running around the room barefoot. I went to the bathroom only to find a dirty towel hanging behind the door. I took it to housekeeping and got an additional two towels since I was a family of four. After only 2 hours there we decided to leave because of the conditions. No wifi, no fridge, microwave and small old TV along with the other things already mentioned and paying $75 a night, when I could go up the road and stay at another hotel far better for same price. When I checked out the front clerk was very understanding and said there had been other compliants that day about the flies. When I tried working with Abu the general manager about my refund I was treated unprofessionally, screamed at and hung up on several time. I even had to cancel my credit card with US Bank because of charges I had not authorized had been made. I informed Abu that I would be filing a complaint with the BB and he said he was justified in charging me for the full day because I had not put the towels away in the proper place and his housekeeping had to go back in a fix that. I chuckled at that and told him he could keep the $75 for the comic relief he had just provided me. I should send him a bill for doing the job his housekeeper should have done the first time. I am an acitice duty military memeber and have stayed alot of places, but this is one place I will never stay again, especially with better hotels right up the road.

Room Tip: Go to Farmington!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Kobison
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredericktown
Tradition Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Farmington
Crown Pointe Lodge
Crown Pointe Lodge
#3 of 6 in Farmington

Been to Madison Inn Lodge? Share your experiences!