“Wedding/Reception and stay at Hilton Frontenac”

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Hilton Frontenac hosted our wedding/reception and provided us with a complimentary suite. We had a great time and would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Outstanding service, beautiful and clean place. The staff makes you feel cared for.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had read some rather unkind comments in Tripadvisor about this hotel and was a bit concerned about staying there. We traveled to St. Louis for a Navy reunion for my husband and it was being held at the Hilton Frontenac. Generallly when we travel we stay at high end hotels, this was a pleasant surprise however. We had a Jr. Suite which had a nice 'living room' as you enter with a couch, chair, TV, wet bar and mini fridge. Then through a small hallway was the king room, plenty large enough for us to be very comfortable. We were there for 7 days.

The furnishings were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was shiny clean, one of my pet peeves when we travel. Some hotels could train better on how to clean a bathroom and have it show clean. Not the case here so I was happy about that. They also supply Peter Thomas Roth soaps, lotions, and shampoos - very nice indeed. The one drawback that I have to mention was that the bathroom was incredibly small. Both of us could not be in there at the same time, just not enough room. Not sure what they were thinking on that.

But overall we were very pleased with the accommodations and would recommend. It was a quick 15-20 minute drive into St. Louis and a good central location for visiting other cities in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite - the cost is not that much more and well worth it. Our room was in the back se...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel- but my check-in experience was less than ideal. Not what I would expect from a Hilton Hotel. The staff seemed to want to be helpful- but also seemed preoccupied. They were kind, but hurried and my concern over the location of my room wasn't addressed to my satisfaction. My advice: if you have location preferences, call ahead.Some of the rooms are not connected to the main building- they surround the building.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed five nights for a Navy Reunion. The staff assisted me with every request in a prompt and friendly manner. Their shuttle van brought me from and to the airport as well as to the museums at Forest Park. Their breakfast was filling and their bar area very comfortable. Congratulations to the manager for the great staff. The hotel is not new, but it is very well maintained. I tried to find something negative to point out, but was unable to mention any problems. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit St. Louis.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel is very elegant and well maintained. Our company had a social function that required some last minute adjustments and they were made quickly and well. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The restaurants provide excellent on-site dining - breakfast is really good and the staff is very professional. The hotel is located in an excellent area with shopping, dining, banking and other necessities within short walking distance. When I return to St. Louis, I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when attending a wedding anniversary. The hotel provides a shuttle service to and from the airport. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable; the noise of the street traffic was not bothersome. The service was generally good except for one minor incident when the night receptionist complained when asked to print our boarding pass. The hotel is located close to a shopping center but one can not use public transportation to get around. There is a market close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Extraordinary charm and a fabulous location are key factors. As a diamond, I got upgraded to a fantastic suite I'm the Clayton building.

The only week point is a below average Concierge Lounge - the breakfast is really bad and they need to improve the format and offerings.

Room Tip: The Clayton building had bigger, more open rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shawnee40_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Downtown
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!