“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Denver, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Sheets were dirty. Had stains on them. Room was extremely small. Smell throughout the hotel was of mildew as well as in the room. Smelled "wet" everyday. I stayed at Embassy by the airport on last visit and the service there was incredible. They offered complimentary drinks, continental breakfast, and finger foods. None of this was offered at the Hilton which I thought was a better brand.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Phoenix
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This property appears to specialize in local functions and events. Upon arriving late at night from the airport, there was not any type of service (bell hop) when I pull up to the front door. It was sprinkling and I thought that perhaps it would be best to at least drop my bags and then go park. I walked inside and asked at the front desk and they said that there was no one available (10 PM at night) but that I could use the cart. I went ahead and parked by the front door, checked in, and then was given my room. It was clear in the back (I'm Diamond and exec rooms were already sold out in the front portion of the property) of the property. It was suggested that I park and go in one of the side rooms. No problem. Parking was in the back and off I went, and very full. I should have gone straight to my room from the front desk and then gone back and parked my car. Parked, got my bags out, when to open the back door with my key and it didn't work. Long story short, the cards weren't keyed correctly. Yes, and little frustrated (raining now)....finally got to my room. Long story short, it's hard to check in and get to your room!! Had breakfast in the Exec Lounge and it represented normal selections. Only wish they had a window. Do love that this location is across from Frontenac Shopping Center. Still one of the best places to shop in St Louis!

Room Tip: call ahead if you want to stay towards the front. This property is spread out...even with seperate b...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Montrose
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is a lovely hotel, in a beautiful setting, so nice to leave the city behind and drive for ten minutes to be in this lovely suburb in the Clayton area. This is an intriguing hotel, if you are in the Clayton building, it take a bit of working out how to get there along the beautfully carpeted and chandelier hallways. Obviously Hilton have bought over a number of different buildings over the years and made them into one hotel. Our building had almost a cottage feel to the lovely spacious room, with country style drapes and furnishings. Restaurant and bar food were excellent and Brick Tops restaurant is walkable on the other side of the road. Wouldn't stay anywhere else on our next trip.

Room Tip: If you are in the Clayton building, as reception for the short cut to get there.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Hilton Frontenac hosted our wedding/reception and provided us with a complimentary suite. We had a great time and would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Outstanding service, beautiful and clean place. The staff makes you feel cared for.

Everett, WA
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had read some rather unkind comments in Tripadvisor about this hotel and was a bit concerned about staying there. We traveled to St. Louis for a Navy reunion for my husband and it was being held at the Hilton Frontenac. Generallly when we travel we stay at high end hotels, this was a pleasant surprise however. We had a Jr. Suite which had a nice 'living room' as you enter with a couch, chair, TV, wet bar and mini fridge. Then through a small hallway was the king room, plenty large enough for us to be very comfortable. We were there for 7 days.

The furnishings were comfortable and clean. The bathroom was shiny clean, one of my pet peeves when we travel. Some hotels could train better on how to clean a bathroom and have it show clean. Not the case here so I was happy about that. They also supply Peter Thomas Roth soaps, lotions, and shampoos - very nice indeed. The one drawback that I have to mention was that the bathroom was incredibly small. Both of us could not be in there at the same time, just not enough room. Not sure what they were thinking on that.

But overall we were very pleased with the accommodations and would recommend. It was a quick 15-20 minute drive into St. Louis and a good central location for visiting other cities in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite - the cost is not that much more and well worth it. Our room was in the back se...
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a beautiful hotel- but my check-in experience was less than ideal. Not what I would expect from a Hilton Hotel. The staff seemed to want to be helpful- but also seemed preoccupied. They were kind, but hurried and my concern over the location of my room wasn't addressed to my satisfaction. My advice: if you have location preferences, call ahead.Some of the rooms are not connected to the main building- they surround the building.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed five nights for a Navy Reunion. The staff assisted me with every request in a prompt and friendly manner. Their shuttle van brought me from and to the airport as well as to the museums at Forest Park. Their breakfast was filling and their bar area very comfortable. Congratulations to the manager for the great staff. The hotel is not new, but it is very well maintained. I tried to find something negative to point out, but was unable to mention any problems. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit St. Louis.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!