Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$150
US$140
US$150
US$189
Priceline
US$179
Hotwire.com
Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria(Richmond Heights)
US$162
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$162
SpringHill Suites
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Breakfast included
1,036 results
All reviewsmain buildingupscale mallthe executive loungefront deskhilton stan older hotelst louisthird flooroutdoor poolbeautiful hotelfitness centereasy accessbusiness tripairport shuttlebed was comfortableup to dateclayton building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice older hotel, very beautiful entrance and lobby. I had a very speedy check-in and my check-out information was put under my door on the morning of departure therefore, I didn't even have to stop at the desk. Hotel staff was very nice, bed and pillows very delicious. Bath & shower items are Peter Thomas Roth products, which are very awesome!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was very nice, the lobby is open and expansive with plenty of seating for guests wanting to relax or while waiting on the airport shuttle, etc. Free parking at this hotel. The guest rooms are spread out in different directions, because of the layout of this hotel, but it did not bother any of my friends and we were all staying in different parts of the hotel.

I had a double queen room in the main building on the first floor right down the hall from the lobby. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room for the 20 boxes I had to bring for a conference! The room had very comfortable bedding, a clock/radio, iron and board, hair dryer and upscale bath amenities (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps), 2 phones, free Wifi, large flat screen TV, chest of drawers, table and 2 nice chairs, desk and chair, and coffee/hot tea maker.

The bathroom was very spacious with a large glass enclosed shower and double granite sinks. The towels were large, thick and absorbant. I don't know if all rooms were like this, but the bathroom tiles were always warm, as if heated. There is a separate alcove before entering the bathroom with the coffee maker and a nice closet. Each room has temperature control in the room.

The restaurant was very good and portions large. About the price of a nice hotel restaurant. We also had many food options for our conference and all were very good.

There is a free airport shuttle, there is a courtesy phone in the airport baggage claim area from which you can call. The hotel asks for notice to return you to the airport and they do that on the weekend at the top of the hour, not sure about weekday times. The hotel is about 20-25 minutes from the airport. When possible, the shuttle will also take you to the mall across the street or to the local metro station, where you can go to the zoo, arch and other locations around St. Louis. The zoo is free by the way. There is a grocery store across the street as well, Schnuck's. The upscale mall has dining and retail options. It is within walking distance. There is also a very nice Italian Restaurant within walking distance of the hotel (behind it), I forgot the name but the hotel can tell you and will also give you a discount coupon. The food and service was exceptional.

All of the staff I encountered at the hotel were friendly and helpful. My room was kept clean the week I was there. The banquet staff were exceptional and very accomodating and friendly.

As some have stated, the layout of the hotel is different from the norm, not everything is in the same building, but there are walkways and other ways to get to the other parts of the building. We did not have any problems with this and it added to the charm of the hotel in my opinion.

The only negative, though not a problem for us, you can hear people talking in the room next to you, not what they say necessarily, but just the sound of them conversing. Keep in mind they can hear you as well! This did not disturb us as no one was overly loud nor up late partying. I could see it being an issue if you had loud neighbors.

I did not see all the rooms in the hotel, but mine was not like some that have been mentioned here. It was very much updated and very nice and spacious. Nothing I saw looked old or tired and no one I know said that about their rooms either. And though there was parking right outside my window, I did not hear any noise from that.

There is a fitness center which I did not use and cannot comment on. I did use the business center, but only to print boarding passes and it was nice. There are 2 computers in there and 2 printers, a scanner and perhaps some other items I did not need. There is also a computer and printer in the lobby area for boarding passes.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I were in the area. Great Hilton property with a lot of charm.

Room Tip: I was in the main building, first floor room
2  Thank bingo3
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'd go to St. Louis again just to stay here and have another bowl of their French Onion Soup. And the Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad is not to be missed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our convention went well with our needs met--even the need for many break-out rooms. The only drawback is that audio-visual needs are extremely expensive if one relies on the hotel. The wait staff was wonderful, & the food was quite good. Accessing the hotel from one direction is challenging due to a center median, but once that is figured out, all is fine. I found the hotel to be a great location for our convention.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a fine hotel, especially for the price. And the staff is excellent. Very willing to help and quite attentive/friendly. That said, the property is in dire need of a complete renovation. Most everything is sorely dated. And the two building set-up where you have to walk outside to access some rooms is bizarre and not fitting on a major hotel. Housekeeping staff is very noisy in the mornings (at least the particular housekeeper in my area) and let doors slam repeatedly on the latches they keep deployed in order to prevent locking of the door as they pass in and out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo