“Courteous and Very Helpful”

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Courteous and Very Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

As soon as we walked through the front door, the personnel at the front desk had a smile on their face and in their voice. They were extremely helpful and assisted us with any questions about area dining and attractions, which was very helpful as it was our first time in the St. Louis area. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room was very tidy and clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice hotel that is a little overwhelmed by the size of it all. The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way even to give me their own personal phone charger, but they need help. Rooms not ready by check in time and they are just always so busy!

1 Thank Michelle L
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in a King Junior Suite for one night. The hotel is very conveniently located - right off from a major highway. Check-in was easy, and the front desk was very helpful. The lobby is gorgeous - my 7 year old son was very impressed! The hotel is actually several buildings, and they give you a map to get around the complex. We left the map in the room when we went to breakfast, and got turned around, but a couple of friendly employees got us to the correct building.

The building we were in was attached to the covered parking, which had exactly one slot open when we got there - there was some sort of function going on at the hotel that night. There were quite a few open slots outside, as well. One of the elevators was not working, but the service elevator was right next to it, and it worked fine. The room had an odd window that looked out into the hallway - maybe it used to be an exterior wall, or maybe the designer just thought it was a nice looking hallway.The other window overlooked the air conditioning units, so it was a toss-up as to which had the better view. No matter - we were just happy that the TV's actually got decent channels for us - Disney for my son, and HGTV for me. The king sized bed was very comfortable, but the couch in the parlor had seen better days and should be replaced. The room and parlor seemed clean enough, but the bathroom floor had quite a bit of long hair on it - definitely not ours. The rest of the bathroom looked spotless, though. We had a refrigerator and coffee maker, and two bottles of water were available to us. Room service was available, though we didn't use it. It was a quiet room - we never heard any of our neighbors or the highway noise.

We reserved a package that included a buffet breakfast for two for an additional $10 and that turned out to be a great bargain. The buffet had lots of fresh fruit, pastries, cold meats and cheeses, as well as hot options - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes. Again, the staff was helpful and friendly. We visit Shriners' Hospital at least twice a year, and this will be our first choice for hotels in the future.

Room Tip: Junior suites are in the building attached to the covered parking, and are far from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bushnell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nice older hotel, very beautiful entrance and lobby. I had a very speedy check-in and my check-out information was put under my door on the morning of departure therefore, I didn't even have to stop at the desk. Hotel staff was very nice, bed and pillows very delicious. Bath & shower items are Peter Thomas Roth products, which are very awesome!

Columbia, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was very nice, the lobby is open and expansive with plenty of seating for guests wanting to relax or while waiting on the airport shuttle, etc. Free parking at this hotel. The guest rooms are spread out in different directions, because of the layout of this hotel, but it did not bother any of my friends and we were all staying in different parts of the hotel.

I had a double queen room in the main building on the first floor right down the hall from the lobby. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room for the 20 boxes I had to bring for a conference! The room had very comfortable bedding, a clock/radio, iron and board, hair dryer and upscale bath amenities (body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soaps), 2 phones, free Wifi, large flat screen TV, chest of drawers, table and 2 nice chairs, desk and chair, and coffee/hot tea maker.

The bathroom was very spacious with a large glass enclosed shower and double granite sinks. The towels were large, thick and absorbant. I don't know if all rooms were like this, but the bathroom tiles were always warm, as if heated. There is a separate alcove before entering the bathroom with the coffee maker and a nice closet. Each room has temperature control in the room.

The restaurant was very good and portions large. About the price of a nice hotel restaurant. We also had many food options for our conference and all were very good.

There is a free airport shuttle, there is a courtesy phone in the airport baggage claim area from which you can call. The hotel asks for notice to return you to the airport and they do that on the weekend at the top of the hour, not sure about weekday times. The hotel is about 20-25 minutes from the airport. When possible, the shuttle will also take you to the mall across the street or to the local metro station, where you can go to the zoo, arch and other locations around St. Louis. The zoo is free by the way. There is a grocery store across the street as well, Schnuck's. The upscale mall has dining and retail options. It is within walking distance. There is also a very nice Italian Restaurant within walking distance of the hotel (behind it), I forgot the name but the hotel can tell you and will also give you a discount coupon. The food and service was exceptional.

All of the staff I encountered at the hotel were friendly and helpful. My room was kept clean the week I was there. The banquet staff were exceptional and very accomodating and friendly.

As some have stated, the layout of the hotel is different from the norm, not everything is in the same building, but there are walkways and other ways to get to the other parts of the building. We did not have any problems with this and it added to the charm of the hotel in my opinion.

The only negative, though not a problem for us, you can hear people talking in the room next to you, not what they say necessarily, but just the sound of them conversing. Keep in mind they can hear you as well! This did not disturb us as no one was overly loud nor up late partying. I could see it being an issue if you had loud neighbors.

I did not see all the rooms in the hotel, but mine was not like some that have been mentioned here. It was very much updated and very nice and spacious. Nothing I saw looked old or tired and no one I know said that about their rooms either. And though there was parking right outside my window, I did not hear any noise from that.

There is a fitness center which I did not use and cannot comment on. I did use the business center, but only to print boarding passes and it was nice. There are 2 computers in there and 2 printers, a scanner and perhaps some other items I did not need. There is also a computer and printer in the lobby area for boarding passes.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I were in the area. Great Hilton property with a lot of charm.

Room Tip: I was in the main building, first floor room
2 Thank bingo3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I'd go to St. Louis again just to stay here and have another bowl of their French Onion Soup. And the Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato and Blue Cheese Salad is not to be missed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Paris, IL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our convention went well with our needs met--even the need for many break-out rooms. The only drawback is that audio-visual needs are extremely expensive if one relies on the hotel. The wait staff was wonderful, & the food was quite good. Accessing the hotel from one direction is challenging due to a center median, but once that is figured out, all is fine. I found the hotel to be a great location for our convention.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!