“Broken Glass”

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We found pieces of broken glass and peanuts on the carpet. A crew was sent to sweep. They got the peanuts, but there was still glass in the carpet. I put the pieces I found on the desk, so they could see them. After the area was swept, I found a piece in the bathroom and another in the carpet. The issue was addressed after the first time we told them, but the sweeper must not have been strong enough to get all of it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 85beckyd
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We certainly apologize for the concerns you mentioned as we take all comments very seriously. It has been discussed with the department manager to address with the hotel staff as we want to continue to maintain our high guest rankings and we are only able to do this through comments such as yours. We value your patronage and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again while in the St. Louis area.

There are newer reviews for Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty nice stay in a beautiful neighborhood. Loved that it was easy to go places from this location. I wasn't impressed with most of the front desk staff.(Shontay was nice to my husband and I when we checked out) However, the housekeeping staff deserves an award! I loved how the lady who took care of our room for the week memorized each special request and that she asked what we needed on a daily basis. (Short older Lady with glasses, never got her name)
The restaurant wasn't too bad but it was hit or miss on how well the food tasted. Some things were excellent but then I had incidents such as overcooked seafood pasta (which tasted like the refrigerator) and dry salmon Burger. The coffee was excellent, however.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank LaShira
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While travelling on business, I am used to staying in the upper middle class suite hotels and usually need to lower expectations when travelling on "my dime" so to speak and staying in a room. We choose the Frontenac Hilton based on location and relative security. Having stayed in downtown St. Louis (and living here as a child), it can be a touch risky running around downtown late in the evening when with small children.
The Frontenac Hilton location felt very safe, even though it's located within 20 minutes of pretty much all there is to see and do.

Being next door to a upscale shopping mall, across the street from a grocery store and bank as well as the excellent restaurants within walking distance, this is as close to perfect as it gets.
The hotel itself is beautiful and tastefully French (IMHO) and very clean. The hotel staff was easily in the top 3 friendliest and accommodating that I've come across. Very cheerful and helpful are the words that come to mind.The room was very comfortable and it bears repeating, very clean.

Thank you Frontenac Hilton for making a long weekend family vacation a great time! My wife and I both agreed that we have a new place to stay in St. Louis from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stay here for business several times per yr and have always been more than satisfied. Staff provides excellent service and are always willing to go above and beyond to accommodate a guest's needs. The rooms are comfortable and there are always plenty of pillows and towels. I have had breakfast and dinner there and I've always been satisfied. The blintzes on the breakfast buffet are especially delicious!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The manager even called my room within the first couple of hours of arriving to verify if everything was ok. This was the first time I'd ever received a call from the hotel manager to check on the conditions of my room and to provide any assistance. First class service at this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay at this establishment. It was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Thank you!

1  Thank Bryan S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful city. Spacious and clean rooms. First time I have ever had double sinks in a bathroom, nice touch. The room service was delicious and fast. The restaurant was excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful. This was a great place for our convention.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanda M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here this week and not the run of the mill Hilton property. I am sure by the design they took it over from another hotel chain as the hotel, although large, had a lot of charm. Large property, but only 2 or 3 floors. Clean and large rooms, with a nice separate shower stall. Very quiet as I didn't hear a sole during my stay. Was real nice walking into a room where the AC was on, and had a real nice chill in the room upon arrival.

I had the breakfast buffet which was above average. Nice selection with fresh fruit. Service at the front desk was first rate. Would definitely stay here.

I have said this before after staying at other Hilton properties, but I don't understand why a hotel does not have glasses or worst case, plastic cups in the bathroom. We are not talking about a La Quinta here, but a Hilton which for the money that is charged, should furnish each room with 1-2 glasses, and not go the plastic cup route. Anyone from Hilton want to comment?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate your positive comments regarding our property. With regards to glassware we do supply all rooms with two glasses that are placed along with the coffee service. As you mentioned we do not also place another set in the bathroom. Due to your comments we have flagged your account with your request and will ensure that your future stays with us will be complimented with and extra set. We are the highest ranked Hilton in the Missouri area based on guest satisfaction scores and it is because of your comments that we are able to maintain this status. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again on your return visit to the St. Louis area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!