“Ok hotel in good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis Frontenac

Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frontenac
Denver, Colorado
“Ok hotel in good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days for a wedding. As a seasoned traveler, I'm both diamond with Hyatt and platinum spg, a couple of items made me realize why I'm not a regular with Hilton. The room was old school - no USB chargers, carpet stains, black out shades didn't cover the windows. The pool backs to a busy road and a freeway overpass - less than relaxing. There is no lobby coffee so pay the fee or go across the street to Starbucks. the staff was very polite and probably the highlight of our stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JayMcMullan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Short version is I have stayed at this location 3 or 4 times/year for the last 3 years. Great location, dated hotel, but it's a business trip, and thus the location override all else.

But I had a HORRIBLE experience this week, and the common denominator was that "management" just didn't get it. Totally missed the whole point of customer service when I tried to address 2 (related) issues with them.

I have made a decision that, going forward, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. OLD air conditioning systems in the rooms that are VERY loud.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mcgonaglej
Lindon, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Hilton is in the process of remodeling, so rooms vary. We had a room in a section that has not been re-done. This property was the host hotel for a wedding we attended, and the location was perfect. Otherwise, it was pretty ho-hum. Front desk would not allow us to check in even a half hour early and seemed unconcerned about anything I asked over our 4 day stay. Everyone was pleasant, but no one went out of their way. Breakfast in the cafe was greasy, so we only tried it once. Starbucks nearby. Bed was comfortable, but the blinds were so sheer the room was never dark at night, making it difficult to sleep. Minimal hallway noise. Shuttles had been reserved for a dance competition, but relatives did manage to get one from the airport. Parking was free and ample. I would mainly stay here again for the location, and we did get a good rate due to the wedding reserving a cluster of rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We found pieces of broken glass and peanuts on the carpet. A crew was sent to sweep. They got the peanuts, but there was still glass in the carpet. I put the pieces I found on the desk, so they could see them. After the area was swept, I found a piece in the bathroom and another in the carpet. The issue was addressed after the first time we told them, but the sweeper must not have been strong enough to get all of it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank 85beckyd
alsedlacek, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Frontenac, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We certainly apologize for the concerns you mentioned as we take all comments very seriously. It has been discussed with the department manager to address with the hotel staff as we want to continue to maintain our high guest rankings and we are only able to do this through comments such as yours. We value your patronage and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again while in the St. Louis area.
Redford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty nice stay in a beautiful neighborhood. Loved that it was easy to go places from this location. I wasn't impressed with most of the front desk staff.(Shontay was nice to my husband and I when we checked out) However, the housekeeping staff deserves an award! I loved how the lady who took care of our room for the week memorized each special request and that she asked what we needed on a daily basis. (Short older Lady with glasses, never got her name)
The restaurant wasn't too bad but it was hit or miss on how well the food tasted. Some things were excellent but then I had incidents such as overcooked seafood pasta (which tasted like the refrigerator) and dry salmon Burger. The coffee was excellent, however.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank LaShira
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

While travelling on business, I am used to staying in the upper middle class suite hotels and usually need to lower expectations when travelling on "my dime" so to speak and staying in a room. We choose the Frontenac Hilton based on location and relative security. Having stayed in downtown St. Louis (and living here as a child), it can be a touch risky running around downtown late in the evening when with small children.
The Frontenac Hilton location felt very safe, even though it's located within 20 minutes of pretty much all there is to see and do.

Being next door to a upscale shopping mall, across the street from a grocery store and bank as well as the excellent restaurants within walking distance, this is as close to perfect as it gets.
The hotel itself is beautiful and tastefully French (IMHO) and very clean. The hotel staff was easily in the top 3 friendliest and accommodating that I've come across. Very cheerful and helpful are the words that come to mind.The room was very comfortable and it bears repeating, very clean.

Thank you Frontenac Hilton for making a long weekend family vacation a great time! My wife and I both agreed that we have a new place to stay in St. Louis from now on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bellevue, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stay here for business several times per yr and have always been more than satisfied. Staff provides excellent service and are always willing to go above and beyond to accommodate a guest's needs. The rooms are comfortable and there are always plenty of pillows and towels. I have had breakfast and dinner there and I've always been satisfied. The blintzes on the breakfast buffet are especially delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frontenac
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
The Cheshire
#34 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hilton St. Louis Frontenac? Share your experiences!