“I was skeptic but ended up enjoying my stay”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fulton
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The staff and housekeepers were very friendly and the rooms were clean. The breakfast selection was nice. Even though I was skeptic about staying there I was actually pleased and have nothing negative to say

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sabor69

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I cannot speak about the decor in all the rooms but the sheets where clean. The comforter although clean did have a slight stain on it. When I requested extra towels and pillows they where more than willing to give me what i wanted without making me feel like i was putting them out, I forgot the young gentlemans name who covered the desk all i can say is that he was very professional and he went out of his way and even made copies for me. They have a computer for people to use. Also at this location they have a pool and a spa although the spa was down. I never used it but i did observe other people having fun using their facilities.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor all the rooms are non smoking. I thought this place was good they hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jonayone
Reviewed 9 May 2014

To start - my standards may be a little high, but that said, my take on my recent experience:

This hotel was converted from another brand and nothing seems to be improved. The young men, likely college students, at the front desk were very nice and welcoming. I reserved two rooms and those rooms - one with King and one with two beds - were accidentally switched. They righted the problem immediately.

The prices were jacked up due to a college event in the town. If you can avoid staying here, I would recommend it.

Positives:
- Location
- Free coffee in lobby

Negatives:
- Our bed and pillows were supremely uncomfortable. Even said the man who can sleep on nearly anything had a hard time. It was as if the bed was lacking proper support.
- The room was not clean with stains on the linens, carpet - more worn out, and pizza sauce or blood smeared on the wall. Out of curiosity, I watched to see if the staff would catch it, and it remained our entire stay.
- The tv was old and the color going out on it.
- Loud
- One level of curtains on the windows - thick black out style. Which would be ok, except were next to parking lot, so we could only have completely black out in room or no privacy.
- Poor lighting.
- The continental breakfast was nearly inedible. Not joking or being hard to please. For example, the biscuit I picked up was so hard I could not cut into it. More like hockey puck.

Overall, the is a hotel of utility that appears to cut many corners. It is not the best choice in the town, I've stayed at the others. If it has rooms, and you are in a bind, then it won't kill you - but it may kill your wallet depending on the demand for hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liz I
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I recently reserved a handicap room. King size bed was only available, so the hotel also sold me a roll-a-way bed (so that I could assist the blind, non-walking handicap person) Upon arrival, I was shocked when I saw the room size. Although the hotel rented a roll-a-way bed to us, there was no way it would fit into the room NOR could we move a wheelchair up to the King bed when the roll-a-way was added. If the hotel COULD NOT ACCOMMODATE our needs, then I should have been advised when making reservations!!! Their answer? They sold me another room that was adjoining! Good busine$$ move! I repeatedly left messages for a manager to contact me & when the hotel finally returned my call it WAS NOT the manager. When I explained the situation and that I felt another room should not have been charged, she hung up on me! Will never be looking for another Country Hearth for our Handicap needs!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Branson. Indoor pool was nice during cold days in march. Could have cleaned the room a little better. The top blanket in both beds were dirty. Free breakfast was good. Probably won't stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lbwilliams3
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The room was very nice and clean, the bed was most comfortable. The free breakfast was disappointing. The back entry door is still broken. The ac in my room worked great, and I couldn't hear any highway noise. I didn't use the pool or hot tub. I was staying here because of the Mizzou homecoming game in Columbia, and the rate was not elevated. I did get one of the last rooms they had available. The check-in person was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again, but would plan on eating breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have very heavy bags or bad knees request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had to stay in Fulton because of a Mizzou game in Columbia, MO. We had previously stayed at a Country Hearth Inn in Mexico, MO and since it was booked, we thought we would try this one. The hotel raised their price since there was a game going on that weekend and we had to pay $109. plus tax. Then when we arrived at the hotel, the entry door was not working and allowed anyone to enter without a key. The carpets were dirty in the halls and in our room (not just the edges but the whole floor). In our bathroom the stool bolts looked either dirty or rusty and one came loose on the stool seat. We had registered with three people but only had two bath towels in the bathroom!The bathroom floors had hair in them. The T.V. was old, small and the sound was terrible. Another annoying thing was the air conditioner in the room-- it was really loud and woke my husband and I up every time it kicked on! I was also disappointed in the breakfast. The breakfast was a hot breakfast, but was not very good. The biscuits were hard and cold and the eggs were cold and horrible. I am usually pretty good to overlook a lot of things, but in this case I had to review. To their benefit, the beds were comfortable (although small full size) and the hot tub was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 6 in Kingdom City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!