“Not bad”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fulton
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not bad”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I found myself on the road for a 3-week trip. Fulton, MO was my first stop and I wanted a hotel relatively close to the office where I would be working.

Check in was smooth and uneventful. I believe the entire hotel is non-smoking so there was a group of people huddled around smoking in front of the building, which wasn't impressive, but they weren't bothering anyone and simple chatting and smoking.

The room was not too far from the elevator so I had no problem getting in. The ventilation and Internet worked well.

The bed was a little too firm for my liking but others may find it just fine.

My overall feeling of the room was that it was well maintained and the housekeeping staff did a good job taking care of the facility.

My only real complaint was the fact that quite early in the morning, there were a series of loud banging noises that woke me and they persisted for some time. It got to the point that I had to look out in the hall and the noises were coming from somewhere down the hall.

The staff was very friendly and talkative. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. If you wanted to put something in your stomach so it won't growl, then this is the meal for you. If you want nutrition, go elsewhere.

I will stay at this hotel again. I recommend for others. Just don't expect much from your morning meal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HGfromOmaha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 May 2012

While traveling north on business (which meant sticking to interstates) I managed to find this gem on tripadvisor. When I explained I was tired and hungry, she was more than helpful. She gave me a quiet room away from the goings on and happenings. She also sent me to a great restaurant a couple of miles away with directions. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: A/C were a little loud.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MississippiCatwoman
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A typical HIE - fair value for the money, good location, new-ish property, nice and clean. The only thing that stood out here was the unhelpful and unfriendly - close to surly - front desk staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear FalconTx,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad you liked your hotel accommodations as well as our location. We are deeply sorry you found the service from our hotel staff less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a fairly new Hotel outside of town. Not much in the immediate area.

Staff is Friendly. Rooms are clean and well kept. Fridge and microwave, and exceptionally quiet AC / Heat. Medium size work desk with 2 electrical outlets.

The bed was Semi firm and comfortable, had a good nights sleep every night, and I found something, which is rare in Hotels. Nice large windows that actually open with screens. Breakfast was the usual complete Holiday Inn Express Breakfast. They also have a Guest Laundry. Business Center is off the hall next to the vending machines.

There is a Huddle House & Gas Station / Convenient Store within 50 yards. For anything else, you’ll have to take a short drive into town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JimDavisHouston
St. Louis
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is a convenient location for a short trip to Fulton, MO. Compared to other hotels in Fulton, this hotel is better. It's on the highway, a short drive from I-70 and very close to the main part of Fulton. Room was clean and the staff was very courteous. The breakfast was excellent for this size of a hotel. Also, wi-fi worked very well with no problems. Definitely a good place for a short visit to Fulton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

NEW, MODERN, & A GREAT VALUE
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Fulton for four nights in July, 2011. Although we've been to Fulton many times, this was our first stay at this Holiday Inn because of a nightmarish experience at our usual motel, the Country Hearth Inn.

Although the Holiday Inn is a national chain and is $20 more expensive, we were very pleased with its quality, cleanliness, and staff. The location is convenient to the town, the colleges, and the Churchill national museum. Breakfast had a larger selection than most Inns of this size.

They were very pleasant and were very attentive with all of the guests. I traveled with my young daughter and disabled mother. At breakfast, the staff asked if they could help my mom so she wouldn't have to walk. When we went to the pool, they came down to ensure the water temp was comfortable and brought extra towels. They were very accomodating when my sister and her family came to visit and swim. We also saw the staff offer advice and insight on local attractions, restaurants, and events in Fulton, Columbia, and Jefferson City.

Although we were disappointed to have to leave our usual hotel, we were very satisfied with the Holiday Inn and will definately stay there in February, 2012 when we go back to visit my sister and her family.

Room Tip: This a new and modern Holiday Inn. The facilities are typical of a Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ProfBusiness
kc
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Nice little hotel. Booked it online, but used the chat option to find out if they had any rooms with queen size beds instead of double beds. And yes they did! Room was good, clean carpet and linens. Had a humidifier in the room which was a nice touch. Had a microwave and a small refrigerator. Pillowcases had embroidery on them with "soft" or "firm" to know the difference in the pillows. Bed was very firm, more than I care to sleep on. Bathroom was stocked and very clean, had good water pressure in shower. Only issue I had with the hotel was with the chlorine level used in the Jaccuzzi, very strong at the end of the day. Used it 30 minutes before close, don't know if they had added more or not? Elevator always dinged at it opened or closed, a little annoying, but my room was not near the elevator. The continental breakfast was very good. Had a self serve automatic pancake maker, push a button and within a few minutes 2 nice size pancakes come out of the machine and onto your plate. Had plenty of food for the end of the breakfast time frame. Included hot drinks, cold drinks, bacon, burrito, pastries, dry cereals, biscuits and gravy, yogurts and fresh fruit. Overall nice hotel and I would consider booking again.

Room Tip: get room away from elevator as it dings everytime someone gets on or off, could be annoying.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank dendonmo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Kingdom City
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!