“Only place to stay in Fulton”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fulton
Desloge, Missouri
“Only place to stay in Fulton”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here while moving my daughter up to Westminster. I thought the hotel was brand new, but after being in the room, it seemed that it was upgraded recently. Everything in the hotel is pretty nice. Beds were comfortable, shower had plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was just so-so, but they were very busy with a lot of people eating.

The two ladies at the front desk that I spoke with were both very friendly and helpful. Recommended a place for us to eat in town and it was pretty good.

Even though this is the only decent place in town to stay, we would return here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I travel twice a month and this is the first hotel that I WILL NOT COME BACK TO. Check in went well. There computers locked up but that happens to all of us from time to time. When my daughter and I entered the room we were greeted by 4 annoying flies. Once they were taken care of (by us) we decided to relax and swim. Our room key would not open the pool door. I went to the front desk and they said they have been having problems with this. I asked how we can get in to swim and one of the ladies said, "I have no idea". We were finally able to get in with a master key. Once in, the pool was nice and the water temp was perfect but the hot tub was the same temp as the pool. In the morning at 9 am I decided to eat breakfast. Breakfast hours are until 9:30. As I was trying to serve myself the employee was turning off lights and taking the food away right out from under me. I went to the front desk to make sure I still had 30 minutes for breakfast which I did. The manager spoke to the breakfast employee and instead of apologizing, she lied and said she forgot what day it was?? Weekends they serve breakfast until 10 so her statement makes no since. The rooms were clean. If you like extra firm mattresses you will like the beds. I WILL NOT spend my money at this hotel again. There is a Comfort Inn and Suites right up the road and closer to the highway...from now on I will stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room at Comfort Inn and Suites right off I-70. Don't waste your time here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Saddlebred_freak
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

I stay at Holiday Inn's throughout the country and this one is on par with most of the others...clean rooms and great staff. If you don't want the free breakfast which is kind of bland there is a Huddle House a short walk across the parking lot which has an excellent menu. The town has quite a bit of world history. Winston Churchill gave his famous iron curtain speech in town and they have a first class museum and church which was shipped from the UK to commemorate the historical event. So if your travelling on Hwy 70 and you want a off the beaten path experience, I highly recommend the area for a short overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank earthbisket
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I found myself on the road for a 3-week trip. Fulton, MO was my first stop and I wanted a hotel relatively close to the office where I would be working.

Check in was smooth and uneventful. I believe the entire hotel is non-smoking so there was a group of people huddled around smoking in front of the building, which wasn't impressive, but they weren't bothering anyone and simple chatting and smoking.

The room was not too far from the elevator so I had no problem getting in. The ventilation and Internet worked well.

The bed was a little too firm for my liking but others may find it just fine.

My overall feeling of the room was that it was well maintained and the housekeeping staff did a good job taking care of the facility.

My only real complaint was the fact that quite early in the morning, there were a series of loud banging noises that woke me and they persisted for some time. It got to the point that I had to look out in the hall and the noises were coming from somewhere down the hall.

The staff was very friendly and talkative. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. If you wanted to put something in your stomach so it won't growl, then this is the meal for you. If you want nutrition, go elsewhere.

I will stay at this hotel again. I recommend for others. Just don't expect much from your morning meal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HGfromOmaha
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 May 2012

While traveling north on business (which meant sticking to interstates) I managed to find this gem on tripadvisor. When I explained I was tired and hungry, she was more than helpful. She gave me a quiet room away from the goings on and happenings. She also sent me to a great restaurant a couple of miles away with directions. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: A/C were a little loud.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MississippiCatwoman
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A typical HIE - fair value for the money, good location, new-ish property, nice and clean. The only thing that stood out here was the unhelpful and unfriendly - close to surly - front desk staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear FalconTx,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad you liked your hotel accommodations as well as our location. We are deeply sorry you found the service from our hotel staff less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a fairly new Hotel outside of town. Not much in the immediate area.

Staff is Friendly. Rooms are clean and well kept. Fridge and microwave, and exceptionally quiet AC / Heat. Medium size work desk with 2 electrical outlets.

The bed was Semi firm and comfortable, had a good nights sleep every night, and I found something, which is rare in Hotels. Nice large windows that actually open with screens. Breakfast was the usual complete Holiday Inn Express Breakfast. They also have a Guest Laundry. Business Center is off the hall next to the vending machines.

There is a Huddle House & Gas Station / Convenient Store within 50 yards. For anything else, you’ll have to take a short drive into town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JimDavisHouston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
#3 of 6 in Kingdom City
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#1 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!