“Out of the way but worth it”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fulton
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We were visiting Columbia, Mo, but stayed here to avoid the mark up at Columbia hotels because of the foodball weekend. We are very glad we did. The hotel is newer, so everything is still very nice. The staff was super, breakfast was really good and the attendant kept everything well stocked. Front desk ladies were very helpful with directions and information. We will stay here when we are in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SouthernladyAlabama
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton

Reviewed 23 September 2012

When I visit family in Fulton I stay here. It is clean and comfortable. There have been few problems and everything has always been taken care of in a prompt manner by the hotel staff. As others have said, since HIE opened in Fulton, there really is no other place to stay right in town. Other hotels need to be refurbished or are miles away in Kingdom City.

Rooms on the back have a "million dollar view".

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have family in Fulton and visit there often. This is where we always stay. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The beds are very good--which is super important to me in choosing a hotel. We have never had any problems. Check In and Check Out have always gone smoothly. The breakfast is not fancy, but offers quite a few choices, including eggs, breakfast meat, biscuits and gravy, cereal, pastries, yogurt, toast, etc. You should be able to find something you like. The surroundings are pleasant and kept very clean and nice. The price is a little high for a property of this type, but they have got you because there are really not many adequate places to stay in Fulton. They do have several rooms where pets are accommodated at an additional fee. Believe me, we are glad the Holiday Inn Express is there! Compared to past choices, it is top notch!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here while moving my daughter up to Westminster. I thought the hotel was brand new, but after being in the room, it seemed that it was upgraded recently. Everything in the hotel is pretty nice. Beds were comfortable, shower had plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was just so-so, but they were very busy with a lot of people eating.

The two ladies at the front desk that I spoke with were both very friendly and helpful. Recommended a place for us to eat in town and it was pretty good.

Even though this is the only decent place in town to stay, we would return here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I travel twice a month and this is the first hotel that I WILL NOT COME BACK TO. Check in went well. There computers locked up but that happens to all of us from time to time. When my daughter and I entered the room we were greeted by 4 annoying flies. Once they were taken care of (by us) we decided to relax and swim. Our room key would not open the pool door. I went to the front desk and they said they have been having problems with this. I asked how we can get in to swim and one of the ladies said, "I have no idea". We were finally able to get in with a master key. Once in, the pool was nice and the water temp was perfect but the hot tub was the same temp as the pool. In the morning at 9 am I decided to eat breakfast. Breakfast hours are until 9:30. As I was trying to serve myself the employee was turning off lights and taking the food away right out from under me. I went to the front desk to make sure I still had 30 minutes for breakfast which I did. The manager spoke to the breakfast employee and instead of apologizing, she lied and said she forgot what day it was?? Weekends they serve breakfast until 10 so her statement makes no since. The rooms were clean. If you like extra firm mattresses you will like the beds. I WILL NOT spend my money at this hotel again. There is a Comfort Inn and Suites right up the road and closer to the highway...from now on I will stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room at Comfort Inn and Suites right off I-70. Don't waste your time here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Saddlebred_freak
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

I stay at Holiday Inn's throughout the country and this one is on par with most of the others...clean rooms and great staff. If you don't want the free breakfast which is kind of bland there is a Huddle House a short walk across the parking lot which has an excellent menu. The town has quite a bit of world history. Winston Churchill gave his famous iron curtain speech in town and they have a first class museum and church which was shipped from the UK to commemorate the historical event. So if your travelling on Hwy 70 and you want a off the beaten path experience, I highly recommend the area for a short overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank earthbisket
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I found myself on the road for a 3-week trip. Fulton, MO was my first stop and I wanted a hotel relatively close to the office where I would be working.

Check in was smooth and uneventful. I believe the entire hotel is non-smoking so there was a group of people huddled around smoking in front of the building, which wasn't impressive, but they weren't bothering anyone and simple chatting and smoking.

The room was not too far from the elevator so I had no problem getting in. The ventilation and Internet worked well.

The bed was a little too firm for my liking but others may find it just fine.

My overall feeling of the room was that it was well maintained and the housekeeping staff did a good job taking care of the facility.

My only real complaint was the fact that quite early in the morning, there were a series of loud banging noises that woke me and they persisted for some time. It got to the point that I had to look out in the hall and the noises were coming from somewhere down the hall.

The staff was very friendly and talkative. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. If you wanted to put something in your stomach so it won't growl, then this is the meal for you. If you want nutrition, go elsewhere.

I will stay at this hotel again. I recommend for others. Just don't expect much from your morning meal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HGfromOmaha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Super 8 Kingdom City
Super 8 Kingdom City
#6 of 6 in Kingdom City
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!