“Always good.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fulton
Wright City, Missouri
“Always good.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stay here several times a year when we visit friends. Always clean, comfortable, very good breakfast & friendly staff. The only downside I might mention is that they seem to have a lot of childrens birthday parties at the indoor pool, so that area can be a little rowdy. All in all though, no complaints.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your review. You feedback is much appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The only reason I have this a 3 for the overall is because of two things 1. Either I was super exhausted from my trip. Or 2. This place is haunted. I woke up at 4:30 am to a knocking noise. Looked up and I coulda sworn there was a man in the mirror. Freaked me out so much I grabbed my stuff and left. But like I said, I was on 12 hour car ride with little sleep so I could have just been going nuts from that. Other then that odd adventure the man working the desk was really friendly. He even offered water for me and an extra bottle since I was traveling with my dog. The room was clean and the bed is comfy. The humidifier + the heater being on at once was quite loud though so I just turned the humidifier off.

• Stayed November 2013
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.I apologize for your spooky stay at hotel. This is the first time we have had anyone mention such paranormal occurrences. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I selected the Holiday Inn Express in Fulton for an overnight on a long road trip back home. It was better than I expected; I’d though there would be fewer frills. The room was a decent size although we could hear water running any time someone in the next room used the shower, so it may not have been well-soundproofed. Fortunately, we had otherwise quiet neighbors. One feature that impressed me was a humidifier in the room. The bone-dry air in hotels has always been a complaint of mine; sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in typical hotels and would swear I could feel my skin wrinkling. It was nice to have some moisture in the air at this one.

The fitness facilities were OK- the pool was tinier than it looks in my picture so I chose the Fitness Center instead. They have a treadmill, an elliptical trainer, a bike and weights. The bike wouldn’t turn on and the elliptical trainer was noisy, as if it had gotten a lot of wear and tear, but it worked. The elliptical trainer and the treadmill had input jacks for an iPod but they were the older, larger connections so you’d need an adapter to make them work with the newer iPods and iPhones.

This was our third hotel with breakfast included in the room rate, and the best of the trip. Offerings included creamed chipped beef and biscuits, the usual powdered “scrambled” eggs, and bacon. Yes, bacon. They also had warm frosted cinnamon buns.

The hotel is an easy drive from I-70, 5 miles south of the highway and out in the middle of nowhere so it’s easy to spot. There’s not much within walking distance except a fried chicken franchise in a convenience store attached to a gas station. We’d picked up food for dinner on the way, so we didn’t investigate the nearby town.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: None that I can think of
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AThena53
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. It was my understanding the music jacks on the fitness equipment were working fine.For this, I apologize. I will definitely be checking in to this, as we want all of our equipment to be working properly. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.
Michigan
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My Wife and I stayed her for four nights while on business. We found the staff very accommodating and room comfortable. Many people like the Holiday Inn Expresses for the nice free breakfast, and this one was no exception.
My only issue was that there were no restaurant is the vicinity. The hotel is out from town a 5-10 minute drive and after working all day we wanted something next door. We did find the local gas/convenience store had a good stock of items, including beer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We recently had a restaurant next to our property close down, but we are eager to get a new one in its place. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Morton Grove
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Went to visit my son at the Univ. of Missouri over the weekend and every hotel n Columbia was full, so we traveled 25 minutes down I-70 to Fulton and had a good stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It was easy to get too; nothing fancy, good breakfast and nice size rooms. The only annoying part was the in-room dehumidifier as it was very loud. Really didn't need it so we turned it off. Otherwise, we spent most of our time in Columbia.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreiciate the feedback! The in-room dehumidifier is only used as a preventative, the guest has the right to turn it off. We look forward to welcoming you to our property in the future!
Chicago, Il
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was your typical Holiday Inn Express. Five minutes off I-70. It was clean, Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, though pancake machine has a breakdown. It was extremely quiet given the amount of people who came down for breakfast.
The window a/c and room dehumidifier was a little annoying.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and apologize for the issues you encountered. If there is anything we can do to make this right by you, please contact hotel management.
Springville, Utah, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Traveling from Utah to North Carolina and back, so we stayed in a number of different places along the way - and this was my personal favorite of them all. Easy five minutes off I-70. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and had a pleasant rest. There were plenty of other people staying, but there was no noise to complain about. It is a bit more expensive, but I felt it was worth it because the rooms/beds were comfortable, up to date, and breakfast was great.
Breakfast was the best we had anywhere else - the hot cinnamon rolls were my kids favorite next to the automatic pancake machine (though the pancakes were not incredible). Hot biscuits and gravy (that didn't look like it had been under the heat lamp for days), sausage, cereal, muffins, fruit, etc. If the price were less expensive, it would be even that much better!

My only complaint would be about the rednecks that stormed the pool with their coolers of beer (though there are signs that say you can't bring in outside drinks) and were just noisy and thoughtless, letting their kids be loud and obnoxious and ultimately drove me and my kids out of there. Not the hotels fault...just wish people would be more considerate.

There's nothing but a service station next to it, but there are fast food joints back in Kingdom City to enjoy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert P
StaffHIEFulton, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our property and enjoyed our hot breakfast as well. We do apologize for the inconvenience with the guests in the pool. Our front desk will be working on implementing stricter pool policies in the evenings. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fulton
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
#1 of 36 in Columbia
Holiday Inn Columbia East
Holiday Inn Columbia East
#12 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton? Share your experiences!