“All the fun in one place!”
Review of Waters Edge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gravois Mills
Waters Edge Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gravois Mills
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We have our family reunion here every year. We rent out the whole hotel so we can all stay together.

We love everything about the place....swimming is close...rental on canoe and kayaks...bbq grills and fire pit....horse shoes...volley ball....There is something here for everyone of every age.

I know my family looks forward to it every year and don't think we could find anywhere better!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2009

We have been lucky enough to stay at Waters Edge for a few days during the last two Octobers. The motel actually sits on the waters edge! The view is so beautiful. The rooms are super clean and very comfortable. There is a firepit in the backyard next to the dock and we enjoyed sitting around it while admiring the view of the quiet lake and the wildlife. There is a very nice little restaurant just a short walk away from the motel where we grabbed a delicious breakfast each morning before heading out to play golf in nearby Laurie. A very nice stay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This place is a wonderful place to relax around the firepit and enjoy the peace of and quiet next to the water. Very enjoyable. Great place to see the most beautiful fall leaves.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Our group stays at the Water's Edge every October and have done so for many years. It's the ONLY place we stay on our annual Ozarks getaway - not because it's the ONLY place to stay but because it's the ONLY place WE WANT TO STAY! We not only look forward to a little golf and relaxation with friends and family but we honestly look forward to coming back to the "Water's Edge" every year - it's like our home away from home. The owners have always been so nice and accommodating to our large group; not only do they make us feel welcome but their rates are so reasonably priced that we'll never go anywhere else! A restaurant with great food/prices across the street makes it handy for all our meals. We ALWAYS have a BLAST and will continue our annual trek to Gravois Mills at Water's Edge for as long as they'll have us! What wonderful memories we have made there and you'll find us there again next October without a doubt!

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Waters Edge Motel provided a great place for our family to gather from 3 states. The flat yard with horseshoe pits, volley ball net, grills and fire pit allowed the kids to burn a lot of energy and the adults apply their cooking skills. Sitting around the fire pit roasting hot dogs, making smores and general conversation was a treat. The large dock provided a area for the kids to fish from, the adults to sit, talk and catch some sun while others in group would be foating and swimmng. Boat slips provided secure tie-up for the boat and easy loading and unloading. Though there are good local resturants available, and entertainment attractions around the lake within short drive, no one left the grounds except for a trip to the store. We all had a great time and plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I am a seasoned traveller and have spent more nights than I care to think about in hotels. My stay at the Water’s Edge Motel was the surprise package of a long business tour in North America. Work required that I be in Versailles, so I set about searching for a local hotel to stay in the night before and found the gem that is the Water’s Edge. From my very first contact by phone and then E mail, I was struck by the genuine warmth and friendly communication I received.

Literally from the moment I arrived on a beautiful July afternoon, I felt incredibly relaxed, this after almost 3 weeks on the road was impressive. Robin and Bob are without doubt two of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met, nothing was too much trouble and their hospitality was that of friends and not hoteliers.

The hotel is situated on the shores of a beautiful lake, with well kept grounds, perfect for family picnics even with BBQ facilities. Sitting on a bench watching the water, I could feel the stress and strains of all my travelling literally ebb away.

When I asked for a recommendation for dinner, I chose to visit the Jolly Roger from my options and thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere, again sitting on the side of the lake, watching the world go by.

I calculated that during this trip, I spent 27 nights in 20 different establishments covering 7 States and can honestly say the only night I remember was my night at the Water’s Edge.

Highly recommended and "I'll be back" to quote a famous politician.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Great location for family gatherings or anyone else needing an escape from the city. Short 2-1/2 hour drive from Kansas City. Motel is extra clean and nice. Owners are very accomodating. Flat slope from motel yard into lake makes for easy swimming, sunning and boating. Boat docks available as well as BBQ grills and firepit. Large yard for cookouts and games. Also, close to local restaurants by land and water. Have recommended Waters Edge to everyone

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
The Lodge at Port Arrowhead
#3 of 12 in Lake Ozark

Been to Waters Edge Motel? Share your experiences!