“Reminds me of when I was a kid!”
Review of Waters Edge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gravois Mills
Waters Edge Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gravois Mills
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Reminds me of when I was a kid!”
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I love this place, it reminded me of when I was a kid and the whole family would go to the lake in the summer. Our stay was short, but had the best time! The owners are very warm and welcoming. The place is older, but has been updated and is very clean. We are planning on going back in a few weeks, again for a short get away. My 7 year old daughter fell in love with the place also. I have a feeling this could be where a lot of my daughters childhood lake memories could be made.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Summerfun3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
North Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Two days were not enough at Waters Edge Motel in Gravois Mills, Missouri. Fishing was fun, even though we released our catch. Our over all view from our room was beautiful. What I (Therese) especially liked about our accomodations was the firm matress and tight bedding.....so much more comfortable than the usual motel/hotel. The grounds were very well kept at Waters Edge Motel and the picnic area provided gas and charcoal grills, picnic tables and lawn chairs and boat/pontoon rental. We would like to make a yearly excursions to Waters Edge and are looking forward to meeting our gracious hosts, Robin & Bob, again. Sincerely, Therse & Carlyle

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kokokiwi
Sullivan, Missouri
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Attractive good quality building built some time ago but updated recently with squeaky clean rooms and fresh scent. No bugs and everything worked just fine and windows even had screens so I could open and enjoy to cool March evening. Conveniently located along Hwy 5 in Gravois Mills, MO this quiet and relaxing motel is right on the lake. The 2 nights we were there we got to enjoy a full moon lake view from the grounds on the east side of the Motel. They have several picnic tables and benches as well as a freshly painted dock for boats and swimming. There was an entire flock of migratory Cranes that were visiting the lake while we were there along with some baby ducks and other birds. Robin was the most accomodating host and is very friendly and really seems to care about her guests satisfaction. When we asked about dining in the area she suggested a really great local italian restaurant just up the road and we were delighted with the dining experience there. The motel's rates are very reasonable. You can spend a lot more around the lake but you will be hard pressed to find this kind of situation for the money. The motel is about 9 miles South of Versailles and 9 or so miles North of Laurie, MO one can get around to most any part of the lake area in a very reasonable amount of time. Great spot for family reunions and get togethers.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark3800
Arkansas
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I recently stayed at Waters Edge Motel, in Gravois Mills, MO. Robin was a real pleasure to work with. She started out by making sure I knew about the new stretch of highway 5 in Camdenton, as I was coming in from Hwy 44 at Lebonon. I was arriving late evening and she genuinely cared that I made it safely.

The room was squeaky clean, the water was hot in the shower, a blowdryer was provided, the tv was a good size with plenty of station choices, the bed was very comfortable, there were plenty of electrical plugs to use for phone, computer and dvd player. The wireless internet was easy to access on my laptop, and the refrigerator & microwave were handy to have available.

There was a nice lobby area with entrances to four rooms. My mother's room was right next to mine. We both had lake views. My brother was just outside the front door and around the corner. He was able to keep an eye on his truck, as well as a view of the lake from a seperate window.

The backyard - lake front area was a dream. Two seperate picnic table areas, with shelter over each, were available to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds. As was a cement bench closer to the water. Being it was the end of March there was very little traffic, but even so it was in front of the hotel....the sitting area was in the back. The area was nicely decorated with flags blowing in the wind, and a flower garden in a partially buried boat. Nice atmosphere. The steps to the boat docks were also just a walk across the lawn.

Robin was a wonderful representative for Waters Edge Motel. She even picked up some milk for me so I didn't have to make a trip, since she was already going that way. We got a wonderful dinner reccomendation from her and directions to a local gift shop that had just what we were looking for. The bed was made and a new towel provided as she gauged just the right time to do it each morning.

The motel office is off the parking lot, in a seperate building from the motel rooms.

I would suggest one brings a roll of paper towels, as I did and they were nice to have as I prepared my fruit ..or whatever. I would also suggest bringing your own ceramic mug should you need to heat water or tea in the microwave. I also brought a bowl for instant oatmeal that could go in the microwave. The plumbing in the sink is not like that of your kitchen at home and probably can't handle a lot of food scraps (what hotel/motel can?!) and so I made sure it was not exposed to such. I did not have the room with the kitchen.

The motel is very convenient just 9 miles center from Laurie and Versailles. A one hour drive from Lebonon.

A wonderful experience at a simple, in-expensive, clean motel!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Waters Edge has been a wonderful place to have our annual family reunion. It is right on the water with easy access for swimming and boating, and other activities for children and adults alike. The owners are very accommodating and have created an attractive and comfortable "get-away" for "fun in the sun" for all ages. I especially enjoy the grandchildren gathered around the fire-pit roasting marshmallows for their smores. The weekend is full of fun and laughs and great memories for all. We have already signed up to return next July.

Kansas City
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We have been enjoying the Water's Edge for years! We love the nice, flat, well-kept grounds (with all kinds of entertainment - bat-mitten, horse shoes, etc) right on the best spot of the lake! There is hardly any boat traffic and the water stays very calm! Perfect water for the kayaks, canoe, and paddle boat they rent. We love cooking our meals on the grill and ending our meals with s'mores on the fire pit. They have little refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers in the spotless rooms so you don't feel like you have to go out for every meal! Bob and Robin are wonderful, friendly hosts that make you feel at home.

Basehor, KS
Reviewed 29 October 2009

We have our family reunion here every year. We rent out the whole hotel so we can all stay together.

We love everything about the place....swimming is close...rental on canoe and kayaks...bbq grills and fire pit....horse shoes...volley ball....There is something here for everyone of every age.

I know my family looks forward to it every year and don't think we could find anywhere better!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gravois Mills
Sleep Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 13 in Lake Ozark

Been to Waters Edge Motel? Share your experiences!