“Try the honeymoon suite for a bit of adventure!”
Review of Motel 6 Hannibal

Motel 6 Hannibal
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We got the honeymoon suite because we had left the kids behind, and because it had a couch and jacuzzi tub. I'm glad we did, because this was a room clearly made for lovers! The TV remote was a completely different brand than the flat screen TV. All the better to keep your NASCAR loving hubby's attention on your tattooed breasts! Don't be afraid to have sex on the couch. The cushion covers have been removed and replaced with a cigarette burned blanket for easy removal and sanitation! And the tub has one of those RV style shower heads on a hose that doesn't attach to the wall. No shower curtain means easy access as you straddle the tub butt naked while hosing off your new bride. Consider it a team building exercise for a strong and healthy marriage. So glad we chose to upgrade. Well worth the extra 12 bucks!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MoGreen72

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Having never stayed in a Motel 6 before in my life, I chose to stay here with some trepidation but the fact that we could get two connecting rooms for the price of one room elsewhere made me choose this motel. After driving around Hannibal and seeing the other not so pleasant options, I concluded that I had made a good choice. The motel was in a nice area with no street noise. It's located away from the tourist areas but it is not far to drive to any of the local attractions. There were no "extras" in the room...clock, Kleenex, lotion...so bring your own. There was no breakfast so we had milk in our fridge for our cereal. The maids did a good job cleaning up each day. One of our rooms smelled of smoke which eventually took it's toll on one of our kids lungs. I would have asked for a different rooms but we needed connecting rooms. The maids tried to make it smell better but once that smell is there is does not go away. If you have breathing problems, check the room first. We were disappointed that the pool was closed for "maintenance" the whole time we were there and it seemed like they were trying to fix their water balance not a mechanical problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We walked in to get a room and I saw a sign the pool was closed for maintenance. I looked back at my husband and casually told him. The desk clerk immediately said "You can go to the Hannibal Inn!" We would have stayed if she had not been rude. We stayed at the Hannibal Inn!!

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

You get what you pay for, and don't expect that to be much at this Motel 6. You'll get a lower-priced room that's in the neighborhood of minimum-acceptable standards, (probably below-minimum for some.)
The phone in our room did not work, and the bed linens had stains that could no doubt tell stories. The rest of our room was mostly clean, and the host at the desk apologetically gave us a different bed-spread when we brought the stained one to her at the desk.
The back-lot that we parked in felt a bit eerie after dark, and the haggard exterior door offered little reassurance against it.
This Motel 6 would not be high on my list of places to spend a night, but if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep and maybe a shower, it will do.
If the hotel's management would invest a little in some new linens, fresh paint, and periodic deep-cleaning (don't look behind the head-boards of the beds,) they could do a lot to make the place feel more comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice looking on the outside for the most part,comfy beds, quick hot water, clean rooms, indoor pool (not heated)- over all a very basic hotel. Actually, it's the most basic hotel I've ever been in. Granted, it cost me less the fifty dollars a night with my AAA discount but you need to know that there are absolutely NO frills.

No alarm clock, no tissue box (without asking for one), they ran out of towels (really?), although online says fridge and micro they did not have any microwaves. The fridge does not have a freezer section, fyi. I was planning on putting my ice packs in there but couldn't. Vending machines were only part way filled. Was told numerous times that people steal things as an excuse as to why they didn't have something ie; microwave, clock radio, partly empty vending machines. Unprofessional

The front desk gals were nice enough but not very professionally dressed. The check in lady told my room number OUT LOUD three times... Not a very secure thing to do. Unprofessional

Over all the hotel is nice enough but it could be so much better if the company took the time to train their employees properly, have have them dress professionally instead of trashy or like they were heading to work in the yard.

I'm not a hotel snob (or I wouldn't be staying here) but hate to see something with great potential not live up to it. One fairly bad thing was the toilet in the room was about to fall off. It was so wobbly it leaked water and we had to keep a towel on the floor next to it. Basic things that should be fixed would help make a very nice hotel. Inexpensive doesn't have to be in disrepair. I've told the company and hope to see a change when I return this summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed here with my partner for 10 nights. We hadn't pre-booked so were thrilled they had a room available. The staff were very friendly and helpful from start to finish. There was room service each day but, as we are late sleepers, we declined that but we only had to ask for clean towels etc and they were immediately supplied. There was free wi-fi which was a great bonus. In a great location with a lovely family run restaurant ( which also does meals to go) right on the doorstep. I would definitely stay again. I still cannot believe how low the price was.

Room Tip: They have both smoking and non- smoking rooms so make sure you specify.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I travel a lot and depending on prices sometimes use this brand hotel when money is tight. This hotel is in a convenient location off the highway enough not to draw road noise. The desk staff person Eric was very pleasant and helpful in getting the best price, which was so low since I didn't have a reservation and also recommending a good place for dinner. The restaurant down the hill from this hotel has a great home cooking type menu and reasonably priced too. Not your typical Motel 6 and found out later this was another higher priced hotel chain brand before a change in management. Room was comfortable, bath/shower worked well with enough hot water & towels available. No shampoos or other extra amenities like clock or box of tissues - just basic necessities like hair dryer, but that's okay because if you don't have it there is a name brand drug store right down the road plus they offer wake up calls. King bed was so comfy I didn't want to get up in the morning. My biggest criteria in any hotel is being a clean, safe room and this hotel hit the mark with being older but well maintained and clean in the rooms, hallways and lobby. I didn't have a chance to enjoy the indoor pool but a few children & their mom said it was just the right temp; whereas the new hot tub spa was out of order but should it be fixed soon also would be a big plus. Would definitely stay again or recommend it.

Room Tip: I had first floor and didn't see an elevator, although could have overlooked it but if you have...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo