“Gross.”
Review of Motel 6 Hannibal

Motel 6 Hannibal
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Motel 6 looks nice from a distance, and I understand the whole "you get what you pay for" thing, but I have paid a lot less for a whole lot better. The overnight front desk woman was helpful and nice, though we had to call with the phone to get someone to come out.
We got to our room, a non smoking room that smelled like smoke and mildew. The room hadn't been cleaned very well. There was cups and other garbage on the sides and behind the bedside table. If I knew how to post the picture I took, I would. Anyways, the next morning when we went and brought our bags to the truck, I went back to the room to do a final walk through to make sure we had gotten everything, and my room keys didn't work. I had to check out anyways, so went to the front desk. There were people hanging around the front desk, but no one was there. I picked up the phone and was told she'd be right there. She came to the desk, I told her I wanted to check out and asked her to redo/reswipe a key so I could get back in the room. She told me to go upstairs and find housekeepers. So I went upstairs and there were all kinds of rooms open, but no housekeepers to be found. I go back downstairs and again, no one at the desk. I call again. She comes back, I tell her no housekeepers were upstairs or downstairs. Then, she reswipes a key card in a half a second. Are you kidding me?? You made me feel like it was a huge inconvenience to do and had me run all over looking for non-existent housekeepers, and it took you all of a second! Lazy people work there.
Oh, and the housekeepers were on the side of the building, smoking and loudly complaining about guests. Keep it classy!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heatherbee00
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Hannibal

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed at this motel four times in the last ten or so years and am sad to see how far the quality declined since my last stay 3 years ago. The motel switched "brands" from a higher quality motel chain to Motel 6 several years ago and had in the past retained the quality of decor/cleanliness/bedding/friendliness. This stay will be my last at this location as it has fallen further than a typical Motel 6. The motel lobby smelled like smoke. The hallway hadn't been vacuumed for some time and had crumbs scattered in it. The room also had obviously not been vacumed. Towel and bedding had some stains and holes. The sheets had hairs on them. The tv made a high pitched whine. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were completely flat. The best thing I can say is that the front desk employee did try to make stay better. The rate was around $53 but the lack of cleanliness means I will be finding a new motel next time I pass through Hannibal.,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Hannibal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Heather H,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness and condition issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

In room 115- I got what I paid for. $52 with taxes. hairdryer broken- 2 bath towels for 2 people and they were old and worn out. room had a table and 1 chair, mini-refrig, TV with remote (not flat panel). Front Desk persons were not friendly, actually acted liked they were being put upon. Can't expect much when employees are paid minimum wage. At least you could understand their english. (oops, slipped in my diversity training, too bad). Coffee in morning, 1 pot at a time. You are expected to eat at the restaurant. Like I said, you get what you paid for. no frills and a clean room to sleep in. Don't try to compare this motel to a Holiday Inn, its not. Its reasonably priced for sleeping. 12-26-2013.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph R
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here 4 nights between 12/18 and 12/22. First morning out, the housekeeper emptied the trash and changed towels, but did not make the bed. Third morning, I was out of the room between 7 and 9 AM, in the room between 9 and 11 AM, but the room was never made up at all. No housekeeper ever knocked on the door, either.

I attempted to engage the desk personnel several times and they were all surly, at best. I have worked in the restaurant business and the people at Hannibal Motel 6 have no hospitality to show you.

Room Tip: Choose again.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place has obviously been taken over by someone who cares. The room looked brand new and was nicely appointed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice, inexpensive, hometown atmosphere restaurant right across the parking lot. I'd been on the road for 3 weeks and this was by far the nicest place in that price range. It didn't seem like any Motel 6 I had ever stayed in.
I didn't use the pool, but who would expect an indoor pool at a Motel 6. I would highly recommend this place from my experience. My one complaint would be that the signage on the hotel itself was not lit up. From my stay there I'm sure management will have that corrected in short order.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank frass23
Reviewed 6 August 2013

In hindsight, we should have just gone somewhere else even if we couldn't get the money back. We booked two adjacent rooms and the person who helped us with our reservations was very polite and helpful.

When we arrived, the staff at the front desk seemed irritated to see us but took care of us. We went to our rooms, which are basic of course and a bit run-down in general. One of our rooms was as we would expect for a budget motel. Some cigarette burns on the bathroom counter, some holes in the blankets, but okay. The other room had a terrible stench that wouldn't go away and eventually decided it was the smell of decomposition. Something had probably died in the room and was rotting. We couldn't find the source of the smell but we did see that the box spring on one of the beds was torn up so I assume it was mice. We tried to open a window but the screen was broken. The motel had no vacancies so we decided that having the adjoining rooms was worth tolerating the smell. We spent as little time in the rooms as possible and then informed the front desk clerk as we were leaving about the odor. She didn't act surprised or apologetic.

This is a very low-priced motel so my expectations weren't high but no motel room should smell like dead animals.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen E
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We got the honeymoon suite because we had left the kids behind, and because it had a couch and jacuzzi tub. I'm glad we did, because this was a room clearly made for lovers! The TV remote was a completely different brand than the flat screen TV. All the better to keep your NASCAR loving hubby's attention on your tattooed breasts! Don't be afraid to have sex on the couch. The cushion covers have been removed and replaced with a cigarette burned blanket for easy removal and sanitation! And the tub has one of those RV style shower heads on a hose that doesn't attach to the wall. No shower curtain means easy access as you straddle the tub butt naked while hosing off your new bride. Consider it a team building exercise for a strong and healthy marriage. So glad we chose to upgrade. Well worth the extra 12 bucks!

• Stayed: July 2013