“Found Out Things I Didn't Know”

Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Hannibal
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum and learn how a small boy from Hannibal became America's most beloved author! Experience interactive exhibits, live performances, original Norman Rockwell paintings, treasured Clemens family artifacts, Twain memorabilia and historic properties! The Mark Twain Boyhood Home is a National Historic Landmark. Don't sneak away from Hannibal until you've visited!
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Being born and raised in Keokuk, IA, I had been to the Mark Twain Boyhood area a couple of times throughout my life. Last Saturday going through it as an older adult and actually reading and paying attention, I found out so much about Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain that I thought I knew but didn't. The Interpretive Center, Becky Thatcher's Home and the Mark Twain Museum were my favorites of the buildings. If you are a fan of the Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn books, or Mark Twain in general, I recommend checking this attraction out. I lot of good information about the author and the characters of his books.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"few blocks"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here on Saturday, June 23. Really enjoyed the Interpretive Center. The other buildings were good but frustrating from a photographer point of view - too much glass! The overall, however, is very educational.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Went with the family to see the museum. Very nicely done. There is a lot of history of Mark Twain and quotes from his writings. This is a self guided tours and you go at your pace. There was a groupon going on when we went, so it was a steal. Museum is really worth checking out. Really like the Norma Rockwell paintings! Check it out!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

If you are a Mark Twain fan you will enjoy. Glad we had a Groupon. Saved us half the cost. Nice museum.