“Nice hotel, but housekeeping is lacking”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was really surprised when I first walked into the Quality Inn and Suites in Hannibal. It was very nice! The front desk staff was very nice, and the hotel was definitely a higher quality than this price range typically has.

Our room was really large with plenty of comfortable seating, a fridge and micro, and a large closet. The bed was comfortable; not too hard and not too soft. There were a couple of different types of pillow fluffiness. Other than the fact that our large windows overlooked the roof, it was a perfect room.

But...we stayed two nights. And our room wasn't attended to after our first night. We were out for the day Saturday, but when we came in around 5:30 Saturday night, our beds were unmade, towels still on the floor, and our trash cans were still overflowing. I called down to the front desk and spoke to Ashley, asking when our room would be cleaned. She told me that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. She couldn't figure out why our room wasn't cleaned. To her credit, and our gratitude, she provided us with clean towels and toiletries. She offered to take our trash if we left it in the hall, but we declined.

The location is a little strange. It's on the outer road by the hospital, a long way down the road. Other than a bar, where the kitchen closed by 8:00, there is no food anywhere around. We were in a hurry Saturday morning, but the breakfast was really quick and very good. We grabbed a bag of trail mix at the Shell station by the hospital.

Honestly, if it weren't for the issue with the housekeeping, this would have been a good visit.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that does NOT overlook the roof.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank valkgal
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

First, I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issue. We try our hardest to get back to all rooms that initially have a do not disturb on them. I am glad that you brought this to our attention and we will do better. I am glad to hear that the front desk stepped up to the plate to assist and hopefully redeem your faith our facility.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Check in was great with good advice from the friendly woman at the desk. The room was big, clean, like new and quiet. Comfy beds too. The front desk called 5 minutes after we got in to check and see if we needed anything, very nice.. The breakfast buffet was 5 star. Everything was hot and fresh. Really a great value.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was good..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for commenting on your previous stay with us at Quality Inn & Suites. I am glad that you had a wonderful experience from arrival to departure. I will definitely share this with the staff and congratulate them on a job well done. I truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next trip to Hannibal, MO

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Was in town with family due to my daughter being in Hannibal hospital. This hotel is very close to the hospital and nice restaurants. The rooms we had were very nice and clean. My husband and I stayed in a suite. It was very spacious with bedroom (with TV) that could be closed off from living area. Living area had a frig, microwave, TV, couch, desk. We didn't have noise from other rooms or hallway. My stay was for four nights. One day my room was not cleaned or restocked but it wasn't a problem. Breakfast was good and hot. On Saturday the breakfast area was full of people with no open tables so the staff opened an area in the bar for us then waited on us. So the food staff were amazing. Hotel and most of the front desk staff were great. My problem came upon check out with one employee, apparently the hotel manager. All family members (except me) had checked out after couple nights. One member realized hotel had charged their bill to MY Visa. When I brought it to the attention of manager, she was not apologetic nor concerned. In a defensive manner tried to say it was other family's fault and wasn't willing to contact them to get their Visa number to correct. As of this writing (stay was in Oct; this date is 11-7) we are still working on getting the bills corrected. The worst of all was when I asked her for a late check out. My daughter had gotten out of the hospital but we were waiting for blood work to come back with the possibility of her going back into hospital. If she went back into hospital I still needed the room. Manager would only give me until noon. I had to LEAVE my daughter at the hospital, hurry back to hotel to get my belongings, run to front desk to check out knowing I might need to check back in. I encountered the same manager. When she realized the trouble she caused she was still very unhelpful or understanding. I do have her name and will be filing complaint with company.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank futurehope94
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you very much for your comment on your recent stay. My name is Kenyetta and I am the General manager of the hotel in which you stayed at in October. I have received your survey from Choice and emailed you to talk further about this situation. Again, I apologize for the way in which this situation was handled and will still love to speak with you concerning this manner. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to find this quality of a Quality Inn in Hannibal, MO. This has to be one of the nicest Quality Inn & Suites you will ever find. The hot breakfast is also one of the best you will ever. Thanks for the such great facility.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Russell M
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. One of the top 10% of hotels I've ever stayed at (including hotels and resorts in Hawaii and throughout the US)! Superb personnel, impressive lobby, spectacular pool and hot tub, large and extremely clean rooms. I will definitely return anytime I'm close to the Hannibal area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ArkansasEagle
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for your fabulous comment regarding our hotel. I am pleased that your enjoyed yourself and hope that you will return to see us soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a great hotel if checking out the sights of Hannibal, Missouri. Although not in the heart of town, it is very clean and the staff is very accommodating. They serve a morning breakfast that was very good. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
quality179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the tme to comment on your recent visit with us in Hannibal, MO. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Hannibal.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We were very impressed with the facility at the Quality Inn and Suites. The rooms were amazingly large and comfortable and the amenities were beyond our expectations. The breakfast served and the dining room set the bar very high for other hotels. Overall we would recommend this facility for singles or families.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg N

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I will pass along the compliments to the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Hannibal.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
#2 of 11 in Quincy
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!