“Highly reccomend staying here if you are visiting Hannibal, MO!”

Best Western On The River
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful! I called them at 9:00 on a Saturday morning needing to switch hotels and they were very friendly and accommodating! They got me a room with no troubles at all and told me that I could go ahead and come check in but would have to obviously wait for the room to be clean which was absolutely fine with me! When we arrived they were super nice and it was a great experience! The rooms are nice with very comfortable beds! The atrium and pool area were slightly loud but that wasn't an issue for me. I will be choosing this hotel every time I visit Hannibal! The location is so ideal because it is right downtown and in walking distance of everything you would need (except walmart lol) Almost everything my boyfriend and I did that weekend we were able to walk!!

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Best Western On The River

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The atrium area and pool were unusable. The atrium was filled will 1 to 4 families with children that kept the noise level loud enough that removing my wife's hearing aids did not help. No one paid any attention to the pool rules making it dangerous enough that my 12 year old grandson refused to go in. The staff seemed to be oblivious to everything. This went on for 8 hours without let up. I did not complain to the staff because I was afraid I would loose my temper and start screaming. I made my complaint when we checked out. Never to return to this establishment again. While our bill was discounted there is no way I would even enter the building again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Recently my husband and I stayed at the Best Western on the River with our 3 month old infant. I feel this is probably the best hotel to stay at in the town. It was very clean and I actually passed a room in which I saw the maid wiping all the surfaces and even wiping down the television. The beds were fairly comfortable and the staff was professional on check-in. We did request a king bed and ended up getting 2 queen beds. We kept the room because we had a great view of the river. In reference to the train noise that others are mentioning in reviews: Yes, you hear the train but it did not wake us up or was it disturbing. Hannibal is a river town and the train happens to be part of the experience. I would stay at the Best Western again and feel like it was a good value for what you pay.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were on motorcycle trip in June 2014 and the hotel was great. The staff were great. Even though there was a wedding party staying here as well as young boys' baseball team the Hotel was very quiet during the night. If you are motorcycles the entrance and exit are not the best, use caution.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandy F
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved the Best Western PLUS on the River, Hannibal, MO.Our vamily attended a wedding at Outlook and had easy access to visit historic downtown Hannibal. This hotel was great and provided great serviecs. Thanks for a great weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The property is not as young as it seems judging by the indoor swimming pool just beyond the reception and lobby, which was apparently popular in the 1960's. However it is nicely maintained and the rooms are more than satisfactory.
Breakfast was better than many US hotels I've stayed at but still lacking in healthy options.
There is some noise drift from excited youngsters in the pool but fortunately the pool is closed between 10pm and 8am when it's critical to get a quiet sleep.
There is no restaurant to take dinner on site, so you need to walk downtown to find somewhere to eat, which was not as easy as I expected as we only found one place open on a weeknight - perhaps other restaurants are slotted away elsewhere from the main street?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I travel to Hannibal for work every year. I have stayed at a couple hotels in town but none compare to the Best Western. The beds are comfortable, flat screen tv's, and a good Internet connection. The staff are amazing and willing to help with any issues that you have. Plus the location is right next to downtown so you do not have to drive to get to get anywhere. Great location, staff, and rooms. Can't beat this hotel in Hannibal.

Stayed: July 2014