All reviews julie and john garth juice garth room the cottages gravel road bed and breakfast rosewood room the main house hot tub anniversary weekend feel right at home b bs relaxing stay fresh fruit other guests down to earth mark twain
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the Rosewood Room in the main house. Very large and lovely room. Amazing hosts - make you feel right at home. Great breakfast with nice view looking out at their llamas in the back yard. Yes you have to drive up a gravel road to get to it but that's part of the charm!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were planning a trip up the Great River Road and needed a place to stay Sat night. Everything was full but Julie let us stay in the lower level of the cottages. We arrived late and were treated to sandwiches and drink. What a treat. We look forward to going back and will make a stay at the Garth Woodside Mansion a must when traveling through that area.

Room Tip: Choose between beautiful antique furnished in the main house(I prefer the Rosewood room), one of the beautiful new cottages giving a private country feel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kirk L
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had never been to a B&B before. We loved this experience. The room was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. We look forward to coming back. Thanks Julie and John for a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Lovely b & b, but neither the experience nor the value matched its reputation. Even the breakfast was inconsistent in quality. The location was surprisingly remote. This is clearly a big business. No warm and fuzzier from this host and hostess.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank buddydial
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My weekend stay at Garth was a great one! This was my first just girls weekend in the great town of Hannibal, Mo. I stayed in the Samuel Clemens room, which was very beautifully decorated. The attention to detail was great down to the mint on the pillow! John and Julie were totally friendly and very accommodating. Being able to take walks on the grounds, feed the llamas and enjoy other guests made for a memorable weekend. I will definitely be going back to Garth and going to just girls weekend. It was all a good time!
Martha

Room Tip: North bedrooms face the woods which is very pleasant. I stayed on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends