“Weekend stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Charleston, Illinois
“Weekend stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed in this hotel September 13th, 14th and 15th.
First the positives:
Check in was very fast and efficient. Adam already had our keys coded and in a folder for us upon arrival. The room was very clean and had a large flat screen tv. The room was quiet with no road noise. The queen beds were comfortable and we were able to control the temperature to our liking. We were always met with a smile when at the front desk during our stay. The breakfast was very good and items on the breakfast were always available. The fitness center was clean and contained two treadmills and a stationary bicycle. The pool was clean and they had a hot tub. We did not use the hot tub so I cannot comment about it.

Negatives :
The hotel is about 5 to 10 minutes from downtown.
The room did not have a micro-wave or refrigerator.
The pool water seemed rather cold for comfort so it took quite a bit of time to adjust.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Roomy public areas and rooms. Nice updated decor. Good breakfast choices with service beginning at 6. Live to auto pancake maker and oatmeal. I like to workout and wished the gym and pool areas opened before 530, as I needed to get on road early. The beds were comfortable pillows however were aweful. I will stay again but note to self to bring my own pillow.

• Stayed September 2012
Alpha
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

You will receive the Holiday Inn Express experience. Clean rooms, comfortable bed and friendly staff. The free breakfast has something for everyone. I will stay here again when back in the area. If you call a 800 number or go online and says their full. My recommendation would call them direct.

• Stayed September 2012
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The staff was very friendly, but seemed short handed (one person doing too much). Looks clean, but smells dirty. The hall floors look pretty, but desperately need a very professional cleaning. If you look close from an angle, you can see the dirt piling up that a vacuum or cheap shampooer will not get. Also, the third floor had a vent that you could feel when walking by. It smelled as mold. Rented three rooms.

This could be great. Needs a professional cleaning, including filters and duct cleaning.

Breakfast was very good. The rooms look really clean, but the motel needs a professional overall cleaning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingUtahBug
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It was a nice stay. Clean room. Breakfast was good. Stayed for two nights. Was a little upsetting when we couldn't get into the hotel and our room on 2nd night. Guess they didn't activate our card for two nights. Not close to anything exciting.

Room Tip: Do not have a room by the stairs. Everytime we used the stairs we forget that the door slams shut a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 3 July 2012

If you want to experience the horrible nightmare of bedbugs, then stay here. A sample was taken & bagged but amazingly, a pest control person hired by the hotel wasn't even given the sample ' then wrote them a clean bill! This is why we have an epidemic of bedbugs. The manager is rude & this needs to be addressed. I'm not the only guest who had experienced this at this hotel and I have the bites to prove it

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Hanniba
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Hanniba,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Hannibal hotels

Mystic
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I remember the day when Holiday Inn Express was at the top, but not anymore. Boy, did they ever slide. Upon arrival, you drive in and see a very nice looking building. But then, we were greeted by very unfriendly people. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood that day, I guess.You definitely didn't feel welcome.No one gave you a smile at all.

This hotel stinks of mold and dirty feet,the Elevator stinking the most. Wow! It's bad!
We stayed in a double queen room. It had no ice box or microwave like most of the newer ones do.

The carpeting is soo filthy, it made our white socks totally Black. When I turned the tv on in the room, many of the channels would not even come in.

My daughter found hair in her bed and there was some on the bathroom floor as well. So the cleaning job wasn't done very well either.Also, behind the night stand, where I needed an outlet,it looked like it hadn't been clean in many many YEARS, if ever.. It was sooo gross, made me sick.

The sheets we found to be very scratchy, more like hospital bed linens.I didn't sleep well at all.

The best thing I can say about the place was that their hotel breakfast had more then most. You had scrambled eggs, as well as bacon, and all the other general items such a cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, and etc.

I was very disappointed because it's not cheap to stay here. But it wasn't any better then the lower end hotels. I would not stay here ever again if I came back to Hannibal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EileenMMystic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear EileenMMystic,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I'm delighted to hear the breakfast served during your stay exceeded your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. I would like to discuss your experience in further details and have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
Best Western On The River
Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy
Days Inn - Hannibal
Days Inn - Hannibal
#6 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal? Share your experiences!