“Nice room with comfy beds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hannibal
Spencer, Iowa, United States
“Nice room with comfy beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Rooms were fairly recently redone and very clean and up-to-date. They had done a rather sloppy job on the tile shower surround... caulk was about 1/2" to 3/4" thick all around the perimeter. Carpet was nice and clean. There was a nice breakfast but pancake machine was broken. (I understand that parts have been replaced and it is working again). The people at the desk were helpful and knowledgeable and very polite and kind... and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey_Hill2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us here in Hannibal, MO, we appreciate your business and for filling out the review. The hotel is so happy to see you enjoyed our brand new Serta Mattresses and Holiday Inn Express Pillows. We are sorry that you did not get to enjoy the Express Start Pancake Machine, and hope when you stay with us in the future you have the chance to try it. Thanks again for all the feedback, and your Business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is an older Holiday Inn Express (bathroom sink outside of bathroom) but they have done some small refurbishments like changing to the newer bedsheets. When I took the lift to my floor, it smelled strongly of smoke. Luckily my room did not smell of smoke. I was woken up at 5am by someone next door talking loudly on their phone. My room was also next to the lift, so I could hear the bell whenever the lift arrived. The ice machine was also right outside. I didn't get good sleep here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review, we so appreciate the feedback because it lets us know in what area's we need to approve. We apologize that the placement of your room was not as you would of preferred, please remind us the next time you visit that you are a light sleeper we would be happy to place you in a area of the hotel away from ice machine's and elevator. The hotel is in the process of updating all our rooms, so we will be taking care of all smoke smell issues in completion of renovations. We sincerely hope you will return in the future to see all our wonderful improvements.

Travellers are raving about these Hannibal hotels

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The location is decent. The breakfast is typical. The room was clean. Free parking was helpful. The staff was nice. The pull-out bed's mattress was awful, but the little boys were OK with it. The indoor pool looked nice (we didn't use it). All in all, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank zilphap
Stacey_Hill2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. We are pleased that you stayed with us on your recent vacation, we appreciate your business. We hope you will try us again in the future, as we have many exciting improvements planned for the future, to make our guest stays even more enjoyable.
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This Express was very nice. Not like many we have stayed in previously. Room was clean and very exceptable. We had our two grandsons with us to enjoy the Mark Twain history. Staff was nice however was not what we have experienced at other Holiday Inn Express hotels. With that - I would still recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review, we appreciate the feedback. We are pleased to see you had no issues while at our hotel here in Hannibal, MO. I apologize that my staff was not as you had seen at other Express, we are striving for our customers to have a consistent experience at all times. We hope you will try us again in the future, as we train our staff in every opportunity, and would love to have another chance to wow you with service.
Saint Paul
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night on a road trip. It was fine, not great, not bad. Most Holiday Inn Express' I have stayed at were nicer than this, but I have no big complaint. Breakfast was as expected, had to wait for some items, but it was the weekend so ok.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacey_Hill2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review, we appreciate the feedback. I am pleased to see you did not have a bad experience at our property. We would however like the chance to wow you during your stay. We have many improvements planned for the near future, and hope you will return to our facility so we may have that chance.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is grossly overpriced for the area, especially when you add in the complete lack of professionalism and business etiquette on the part of the hotel's management. My credit card declined the charge for my final night's stay. You would think that hotel management would have had the common courtesy and common sense to call my room or leave a note under my door notifying me of the problem. All I got was a bill under my door showing a portion of my final bill as a "bad debt write-off". Nobody could explain this to my upon my departure, so I left for home. I even called after I got home to inquire about my bill and I was told by the clerk who answered my call that a manager had processed my bill; however, no manager was available to speak with me regarding my bill, nor was any effort made to return my call. About a week later I received a letter in the mail from Ashley, the hotel's assistant manager, telling me that they were sorry that this problem was not caught before I left and that I was being placed on the "do not rent list" until I settled up my unpaid balance. The problem was caught before I left; it was forgiven by a "bad debt write-off". Anyone with even a shred of business knowledge would understand that, in the real business world, when a debt is written off, it is chalked up as a loss and life goes on. At the very least, this letter could have given me a thank you for choosing this hotel, a thank you for being a Priority Club Gold Elite member. Instead I got threatened. Sorry, but I don't respond well to threats. Besides, it's no big loss if I never get to stay at this hotel again, as I was hardly impressed. If someone would have bothered to let me know about the issue with my credit card during my stay, I would have been happy to offer up another card on which the balance could have been charged. I found it rather odd that nobody could call my room during my stay or even slip a note under my door notifying me of this issue, yet there was time to type, print and mail a letter to me after my stay -- a letter that was completely lacking any sense of gratitude for my loyalty to the IHG hotel group, not to mention undated, improperly addressed to its recipient and rife with grammatical and spelling errors. I even replied in writing to hotel management expressing my disappointment and I have since received no response. I certainly hope that the ownership of this hotel knows that this Gold Elite member who is well on his way to Platinum, and who visits the Hannibal area on average 10 times per year will not be returning to this hotel. In fact, when I returned to Hannibal in July, the neighboring Quality Inn got my business and will continue to get it in the future.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jevon B
I would first like to say we do appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. We apologize that we did not catch this issue before your departure, I know the Assistant Manager tried to contact you by phone before sending this letter. I also apologize for the wording in the letter as to you took as a threat, she is the new Assistant Manager and is currently learning on her wording and handling of situations. We understand now that our staff lacked the knowledge to handle this before your departure and that the manager on duty did not take the initiative to pass the message to our management staff that you had contacted us prior to letter we received in mail from you. It is our policy when a part of the stay has went unpaid that we place the guest on the do not rent list, so again we apologize for you taking this as a threat, but it is our way to receive payment for missed invoicing. We hope you will try us again in the future, to try and make up for the missed opportunities, and to make this right.
Elkridge, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have stayed at a variety of Holiday Inn Express locations across the United States, this location is average, potentially needing some upgraded rooms. We arrived late and received a room on the first floor next to the ice machine, which apparently had been orginally assigned to my parents who turned it down but were assured by staff we would be on the second floor as well, unfortuantely this was not the case. We slept fine but certainly not the best Holiday Inn Express. We were only there for two nights for a wedding and were in the room minimally if it were an extended stay proabably would have hoped for more but fit our needs for what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey we appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that your stay was ok, but we hope you return in the future to give us the chance to make it awesome. We have improvements planned for this winter, so we hope you will come back and see all the exciting things we have planned for our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannibal
BEST WESTERN On The River
Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Super 8 Hannibal
Super 8 Hannibal
#5 of 10 in Hannibal

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hannibal? Share your experiences!