“Absolutely wonderful”

Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Harrisonville
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were looking for a place to stay outside of Kansas City, Mo and we saw this place. I told my husband that this looked like the same place we stayed last year when we were coming back from South Dakota. When we pulled in it indeed was. We remembered how great it was before because it was a fairly new hotel and nothing had changed. People so friendly and helpful. Wonderful and spacious room. All the ammenities you could ask for. Loved it and will stay here anytime we are in this area.

Room Tip: Rates were great, clean and very quite, wonderful place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evonne D

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Like most locations in the Choice Hotels group, this Comfort Inn needs new comforters. These are worn and dated and just add a drab feeling to the room.

I'd also prefer an HVAC unit that has the capability to run the fan full-time. It's great for circulation and a little white noise when falling asleep at night, especially if your "neighbor" has a constant cough/hack.

Overall though, this location did the job. Not sure if this is a newer location or just recently remodeled. Whichever it is it seemed new or newer.

I'd stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Ask fro a third floor room if you like it quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MessNmagic
Reviewed 7 August 2013

After some stays at other Choice Properties, this was the example that should lead the company. It was clean, well maintained, with friendly helpful staff and an excellent arrangement for the normal breakfast. Beds were comfortable, the TV was and LCD and the HVAC system was digital. It had low flush toilets and CFL lights to conserve energy and water and reduce operational costs helping to keep this chain of hotels affordable.

Room Tip: Hotel is not near the highway or noise sources. We had a corner room on the second floor and it was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If I could give zero stars I would.

Absolutely awful. We called various hotels as we were traveling back home from a family vacation, and we found this one because we really wanted to have one final fun night with the kids in a hotel that had a hot tub and an indoor, heated pool. We were told it did. When we got there, the hot tub did not work and the water was green and disgusting, the pool was full of bugs to the point where our kids wouldn't even get in, the door would not lock, the TV did not work, the comforter had what appeared to be cigarette burn holes in it, and the blanket had weird stains on it. We moved rooms, but the ironic thing is the front desk girl knew that the door did not lock so why did we get this room? We discovered the door wouldn't lock after returning to the room from dinner, but thank goodness nothing was stolen.

The only redeeming qualities were that the breakfast was good in the morning, and after complaining and calling multiple times, we finally did get a discount two weeks later.

The positive reviews must be from the owner??

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chad J
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights on business. Perfect. Breakfast attendants were constantly cleaning and making sure there was plenty of everything for guests. Good Internet. Easy access to property from highway. Pool, hot tub and work out facility looked great but I did not have the opportunity to use them.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I booked this hotel from my phone quickly without doing much research (which is highly unlike me). I needed a place to crash on my road trip from Texas to Minnesota and that put me at just where I wanted to be. For the price I expected a super basic, less-than-great hotel, to be honest. However, as soon as I called them to inform them I would be getting there after midnight I was incredibly impressed with the friendly customer service I received on the phone. So first impression: wonderful.
Then I arrived and was greeted with a friendly smile and a super helpful staff. I got to my room and was amazed at the spacious, clean and quiet area. Then on my departure had a free breakfast. I must say, from check in to check out I was extremely satisfied and happy with my experience. I will be staying at this hotel on future drives to Minneapolis!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We Enjoyed our stay, and will stay here again when in the area.

Pet friendly, comfortable beds, clean sheets, as it should be.

Room had a small refrigerator which was nice, the empty pop bottle behind it wasn't so cool.

Nice little hot tub in the pool area, too bad it was only a warm tub, Need to be hotter folks.

Bed spread had a noticeable burn hole in it, Since it was a smoking room I guess that can be overlooked.

Breakfast was excellent, plentiful and very tasty.

This is a nice place and we will definitely stay her again when in the area, BUT, a little more attention to detail will make the reviews better, after all the property doesn't charge bargain basement rates, average, but not anything special

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisonville
Slumber Inn of Harrisonville
#1 of 1 in Peculiar
Cortez Motel
Cortez Motel
#3 of 5 in Harrisonville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville? Share your experiences!