“Good, relaxing place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Harrisonville
Little River, Kansas
“Good, relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Recently stayed here while visiting family in the area. I was pleased that the staff was so friendly and helpful. After spending the day with loud, crazy nephews, it was nice to be able to relax in a quiet room. The tv was good, and the plumbing wasn't as loud as in some other hotels I've stayed at. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rita G
BOB P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank You for you stay.

We like you stay with us, when ever you are in this area.

Thank You.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
McPherson, Kansas
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean, the rooom clean and comfortable. It is convenient to Interstate 70 and Kansas City. The free breakfast was basic, but good. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wesley T
Reviewed 11 January 2014

These people care about their guest. Always hot coffee and friendly. The rooms have brand new flat screen tv's with several movie channels and the best part is a cable box in the room so you can have a channel guide so you know what is on tv. Love this place.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Patinataz
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had to make last minute reservations due to a automobile breakdown. The only place available was this hotel, but it looked good, so why not! Quick internet booking and I am on my way. I stay in hotels 75 plus nights a year, so this is not my first rodeo.

I get there and the man is complaining I did not call direct and gave Hotels.com his profit. He then charges me a $20 "extra fee" for handling the process. I complain and he quickly states that if I prefer, he will cancel this "last room in town". Ok, You robbed me.

I get to the room and it smells of bleach, soap and cigarettes. Interesting combo for a non smoking room. Had I had my car, I would have moved on, but he knew he had me. I have stayed in worse hotels, but not in the past thirty years. I have left hundreds of good reviews of hotels over the years, this is my FIRST bad review for any hotel ever. I should speak for itself!

I will admit, the morning staff was far less hostile. I just can't stand being ripped off and abused. I will not be back. I promise.

Room Tip: Best tip yet.... Move past!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Richard L

Travellers are raving about these Harrisonville hotels

Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The funny thing about this place is my wife and I stayed there on our way back from our honeymoon 23 years ago... It still looks the same! Other than it was a super 8 way back then. You can look at it 2 ways. Yes it needs some, updating and fixing, but it still looks good after all the years. I kind of look the same as I did 23 years but I need some updating and repairs also! Good value overall. Just needed a place to sleep. Getting up early to head to a Chief game so... may not have been a great place to stay for a long time, but for a good night rest is good.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor. No outside door then.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bigbrotherb
Iowa
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I booked this hotel via Priceline as we stayed in an America's Best Value Inn & Suites last week in another location in MO and it was great. I assumed this place would be similar. Boy was I wrong!!! When we arrived and parked there was a woman slowly walking around the parking lot. She was glaring at my daughter (3 yr old) and I as we were collecting our things. We then walked into the lobby and were greeted very nicely by the front desk receptionist. I told her about the woman and she said it was one of the house cleaning people. She then gave us our room key and directions and was very kind. We then got in our room and I went to use the restroom -- there were 4 dead bugs on the bathroom floor -- three of which were roaches and one was still moving!!! I then went to the "living room" and found another dead roach. I called the front desk and we were moved to another room. That room was covered in dead roaches as well! Thinking maybe it was because we were on the first floor we were then moved to a second floor room - no dead bugs here, but there were SUPER THIN sheets on the bed with hair intwined in them and blood stains on them. That was the last straw and I could not stay. We wasted more than an hour and ended up leaving and staying elsewhere. Oh, and when we left the house cleaning lady was in a room on the 2nd floor and glaring at us out the window - CREEPY!!! I'm not usally picky and don't require a 5 star bed for the night...and moving around with a cranky toddler is not fun either, but paying money to sleep with bugs, blood stains & other people's hair is not my type of a good night. I will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank CCKIowa
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here with my family...my wife and two kids. We were on a vacation.

PROS: Manager, Cassie, was at the front desk and was very friendly. I have two kids and they both enjoyed the pool. 37" flat screen TVs in the rooms with lots of channels. The breakfast had hot waffles, boiled eggs, donuts, blueberry muffins (my kids loved them), cereals, juices, and all day coffee (thank god). The mattresses and blankets were new. Price: Only $69.

Cons: The pillows were flat, but I went to the front desk and the manager (Cassie) personally gave us two extra pillows and apologized for inconvenience. The carpet looked dated, but it was clean.

Will definitely come back and recommend to family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisonville
Comfort Inn & Suites Harrisonville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Belton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!