La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have stayed at the La Quinta before however have never seen a hotel of this poor quality. Not only did the room not feel clean, the bathroom lighting was dim, and one of the lamps was missing a bulb. To make matters worse we traveled all day, and was issued a key to a room that was not ready (at 5pm). We were instructed by the maid to contact the front desk. The clerk at the front desk informed us that there was not anything she could do until the maid called the front desk. The staff was not friendly and I am not inclined to stay here again. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Al4luv

Reviewed 24 January 2011

We needed a place to stay in North St. Louis. LaQuinta's are normally basic but clean hotels. The hotel bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. Free Wi-Fi worked great. Carpet was a little worn, but not horrible. The front desk called us a cab and they were very friendly.

Breakfast was basically a contintental breakfast but it was free. Parking was also free. It suited our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lenajean
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My family had an early morning flight out of St Louis airport so we stayed here the night before. The cost included 14 days of parking while we were on vacation. It's great to get up, have a free breakfast, and then hop on the shuttle to the airport. We stayed there the night we returned from vacation as well. The whole package was cheaper than 15 days of parking in the airport lot.
The hotel is clean, bright, and safe; rooms are fine; breakfast is fine. Everyone I dealt with on both ends of the trip was friendly and helpful.
There is not much around the hotel; kind of in a business/light industrial park. There is a Denny's attached and a Quizno's Subs next door. Provides easy access to I-270.
The hotel is some distance from the airport. I think that the trip on the shuttle bus took about 12-15 minutes. So plan accordingly. The shuttle was very responsive both for going to the airport and getting picked up. We waited about 20 minutes for the pickup shuttle, but we exepcted that knowing how far away the hotel was; that means that the drive left immediately after getting the call. I have waited 40 minutes for other hotel shuttles that were only a mile away!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel is near my family in St. Louis/Berkeley area. I stay here when I visit home. I was there last year for a 70th birthday and it was jacked up. I felt like I was staying at a place that might rent rooms by the hour if you get my meaning. Seedy people with their companions sitting in the car until they acquired the room with CASH... (wink, wink).... I was driving in from Houston (13 hours) and was so tired I called the 800 number to book. When I got close to called the hotel direct and told them to let me know if any rooms would be available early. I was told no problem. When I arrived..... The people at the front desk, looked and acted professional... The people staying at the hotel were families with children all ages, races...etc..... business people were there as well. I WAS SHOCKED!!! THIS HOTEL HAS MADE AN AWESOME turn around. There was a time when I could tell you all of the personal business of the house keeping group.... This visit they were professional and did their business with no loud complaints, etc. Congrats to the owner and manager you have done very well! Only one suggestion. You have improved breakfast, so you need to replace the fruit, cereal, bagels, and donuts much quicker because the large amount of guest had to wait to long for some items. OH... your doors to the rooms because of the thick carpet do not always close... MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR GUEST TO PULL THEIR DOORS AS THEY LEAVE THE ROOM....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank poet1man
Reviewed 5 August 2010

The first room we were assigned reeked of cigarette smoke, even though the room was labeled "non-smoking." That is not so unusual in hotels with both smoking and so-called non-smoking rooms. We were assigned a different room by the friendly desk clerk, and the second room was okay, no cigarette odor. However, the room was not clean as there were crumbs and a piece of bread on the floor near the headboard of one bed. Cleanliness is of upmost importance to me, so I would not stay here again. The breakfast left much to be desired with little fruit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank classicalann
Reviewed 25 July 2010

This hotel was nice but smelled like cigarette smoke. Other than that it was a great deal, the sheets were clean, and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexia P
Reviewed 31 May 2010

The hotel was better than expected for the price. It's in a good location, right off of 270 and Lindbergh. The area appeared safe and there was fast foods, Walgreens and grocery stores nearby. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The complimentary breakfast was average with a Belgian waffle maker, cereal, bagels, fruit, yogurt and boiled eggs available. We liked having a coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board available in our room. The beds were firm and comfortable and the A/C worked well. The only negatives were that adequate hot water was not always available and people walking in the room above us disturbed our sleep somewhat. (The people in the room next door were laughing and talking loudly but we couldn't hear a peep through the wall.) We were pleased with our stay. It was a safe, comfortable room for our family.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
3 mi away
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hazelwood Inn & Suites, BW Signature Collection
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#12 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North? Share your experiences!