“Get what you pay for”

La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I got this hotel through Hotwire. It is 2.5 stars and just needed something for two nights near the airport. It is only about 5 miles away and I got the room for $44. We arrived and the staff could not be more helpful. I was also told that they will arrange a cab for you to and from the airport and they cover the cost. (Wish I would have known that after paying for a cab from the airport) we were put in a room on the 2nd floor and the hall smelled of smoke but our room didn't. I realized this room didn't have a mini fridge and I forgot to request one. I called down to the desk and mark upgraded us. Our 2nd room looked okay. The hotel is older and I am not a fan of any carpet in a hotel. The shower curtain had mildew all along the bottom and it seemed that they had just turned it backwards do you didn't notice it while in the shower. There was also a damp rag hanging in the shower rod. Overall I guess I can't expect much being that it was only a $44 room (regularly priced at $65-70 however it should not be rated 2.5 stars.

In short, the service is great, the beds are comfortable, but its an older hotel in which the cleaning staff may not be quite up to par.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ttieben

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I showed up at 11:30pm on a Saturday night after driving for 10 hours. There were 2 people drinking 40s on the front bench. The lobby had 20 people in it at that hour milling about. There was a group of 4 people checking out at 11:30pm, despite being told they had to pay for that night. The halls were full of kids and other people running up and down. The whole hotel was noisy well past 2am. When I woke up in the morning, I had to step over a large man that was passed out drunk in the stairwell.

The room was okay- the fridge was gross, and the room smelled like smoke. The shower had a few pubic hairs in it. However, the bed was fine. The staff were nice.

I would not stay here again, if given the option.

Room Tip: Don't go on a Saturday night
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TylerDurden2611
A La Quinta traveler
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 23 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The place is an older property. The rooms are stinky and so are the hallways. The carpets are stained. The cleanliness of the washroom and sink were good in the room we had.they offer breakfast which is the standard offered in other Laquita's.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I really hate leaving negative reviews, but I need to point out that this La Quinta is in dire need of either a serious reno or a deep, thorough cleaning. We had hair on our toilet seat, sticky counters, and frankly, the whole hotel had a slight odor. There was dirt around the edges of the carpet and our tv didn't work. If we had not just finished a long drive and were planning on a longer stay rather than heading out early in the morning we would have raised complaints and switched rooms. As it is, we were exhausted and so just swiped things with lysol wipes and made sure to use our own pillows. I wouldn't stay here again though.

5  Thank faeriegirlie
A La Quinta traveler
Jacksonville, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 1 July 2013

One night stay on western vacation. My room was worn but clean. Additionally my bathroom was clean. That said this property is worn and needs updated. The price was reasonable and yes they were full but the lobby area, the elevator and hallway carpets were worn and kinda unkept.. I have stayed in many La Quintas and this one is not up to standard. That said I did get a good nights sleep and had a small breakfast for the road. The staff were friendly. Oh yes and according to the desk manager they had only one luggage cart for the whole hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
3 mi away
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North? Share your experiences!