Motel 6 Hazelwood, MO
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was formerly a La Quinta refurbished and still has those design elements. It is run down facility with fresh paint and new flowers out front. If you paint a pig it is still a pig. Door was broken when we went into our room. Noticed that toilet was running very slow. After several uses it quit draining at all. Front desk sent a guy to fix it, no luck. No other rooms available. We were welcome to use toilet near front desk. Wow how convenient that is. No refund because it was bought on Hotwire. If you use Hotwire be aware that it has a much higher rating there so it looks like a good deal. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room and test the toilet before occupying the room. Lower level rooms have drainage problems.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When we arrived the phone lines and wireless internet were down (not necessarily their fault, but still annoying). When we woke the next morning not only where their phone lines and wireless down, but their entire computer system was down as well. They had to check us out of our hotel manually and ended up getting our bill wrong. The hotel room was run down and needed many updates, but it was clean at least. When we went down for our free breakfast the next morning, the line was so long (because they kept running out of things) that we ended up just leaving and getting breakfast somewhere else. Needless to say, we probably won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The guy at the front was very nice and the cleaning staff was friendly as well. They definitely need some updates to the facility. The air conditioning wasn't working well and the bathroom wall needed another coat of paint as well as new carpet in the bedroom. Overall for the price we paid it wasn't bad but not necessarily good either. We didn't go for breakfast so I can't comment on it but the kids loved the pool!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is pretty rundown and needs a lot of updates. The hallway smells and there are random places that are always wet. The bathroom in the room is VERY small and wasn't especially clean. It was a good thing that Denny's was right there because in the three days that we stayed they ran out of breakfast by 8:15 on the first day and they had pretty much nothing for the next two days. The breakfast was a joke! On the last day they only had cereal and apple juice,they had to go buy milk at the gas station for the cereal. We won't be staying here again and I will think long and hard about staying at another Baymont because our experience was not good at this one.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Day 1 - At check in guy at front desk upset and says this is his last day here so he really is in a bad mood bc he is not happy with company. My shower is stuck in the hot position. I tell the front desk gal, they say it will be fixed that day. I return at 6PM, ask the front desk. She looks at me and says, "I'm not sure." I say, "How will I know when it will be fixed?" She says, "Just try it and see." Nice customer service. And When I get back to my room at 6:5PM my room has still not been cleaned for the day. Awesome. Also the used toilet paper roll was a nice touch. Also the elevator is broken.

Day 2 - cockroach, elevator still broken, I tell front desk. The lady has her old La Quintas shirt on with a piece of electrical tape - ELECTRICAL TAPE - over the name since they are transitioning to a Wyndham hotel. Ironically, I picked this hotel bc I thought it was up to Wyndham standards.

Day 3 - get me out of here

Room Tip: uh just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo