“Rooms could use an update”

Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Missouri
“Rooms could use an update”
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

The rooms could use an update...the thing i did like the most is that they used a stained comforter on my bed. The pool was really nice and the foyer. The breakfast was great. Staff was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank ktcafe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Russellville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I had a great experience. The hotel across the street did not have my reservation available for me when I arrived. I was stranded and walked across the street to the Comfort Inn. The gentleman at the desk was very kind and helpful. He offered my one of his last available rooms and worked hard to help me find a discount that I qualified for to make it more affordable. We had a very clean room, a comfortable bed, a hot breakfast and very pleasant staff. Thank you for saving our weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rayma A
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I found myself needing a room in the early morning around 7:00 am. I called Choice Hotels and booked at room at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Hazelwood, MO. Then I called the hotel and asked if I could check in earlier than 11:00 am. They told me to come on over and they would have me a room. When I arrived I had a short wait, but they delivered as promised. The staff was very cordial, making sure the room was to my liking. Sherry at the front desk was very efficient and made me feel I was the only person in the hotel. She was like a personal assistant. Walking thru the halls, the housekeeping staff asked how my stay was and if I needed anything. Vending was inexpensive and the on site washing machine and dryer were,also, a bargain. The dryer dried my load of jeans in one cycle. I have travel for my job for 7 years. Every now and then the service is above and beyond. This was one of those times.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank marmarand
Peterborough, Ontario
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Upon our arrival, we were impressed with the beautiful spacious lobby, and breakfast area. Very bright with lots of windows, which was a warm and inviting place to sit. Front desk person was very friendly, and there was a basket of packaged cookies for the taking. When we got to our room, there were some chocolates, and a very nice, handwritten card from the manager, welcoming us, and providing an upgraded room. That was impressive, but it's too bad that whoever put the card in the room hadn't thought to turn the air conditioning on. The room was suffocatingly stuffy, and it took a while for the air conditioning to make the room comfortable. The room was very spacious, clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had to call the front desk to report some kids running the hallways later in the evening, and were assured that they would take care of it. About the only negative thing for us was the breakfast didn't start until 6:30, and we were usually on the road by then. However, as my husband was loading the car at 6:15 he noticed that there were already a few people sitting there, so we grabbed a quick bite to eat before leaving. There was bottled water at the front desk to take when you checked out. Again, front desk person was extremely courteous and friendly! This hotel certainly knows the meaning of "hospitality".

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 4givN
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I'm surprised at the recent reviews. When I visit family, this is the hotel I choose. One of the first things noticable is how clean the lobby area is - spotless. The indoor pool is always kept clean and nice, the water temp is comfortable. This most recent stay I had problems with the room (heater broke, then the microwave, then the toilet), but the staff was MORE than accomodating and perfusely apologetic, & w/o my asking, refunded by stay. Even when the weather turned bad, they found rollaways immediately for family who was visiting me so they didn't have to go home in the storm. My room, as always, was clean and comfortable, bed is very comfortable with plenty of pillows -- hotel was completely booked up, but I never heard anyone else through the walls or anything. Cleaning staff was very nice. Breakfast is nice - waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juice, milk, coffee. Bags of Nabisco cookies at the desk throughout the day (free). Wall Street Journal free. The area is NOT unsafe, contrary to someone's post --- within a couple blocks is a Walgreens, McDonalds, gas stations, grocery stores. Down further are more fast food, Outback, etc. Amighetttis is a St. Louis treasure & across Lindbergh Blvd. at Village Square: makes the best Italian sandwiches & shouldn't be missed. This isn't the Four Seasons, but it IS a good, clean hotel with a hard-working staff and management.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SCinci
Kansas Cit
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My teen son was with a group that planned on staying here for a group trip. we had rooms booked for the two following nights. He called when they arrived and told us there is not way we can stay here. Now, you know, if a teenage boy does not find the hotel clean and is worried about staying there it is bad. He stated that there was food on the floor and looked like they had not vaccumed forever. Also there was a hole in the wall to the bathroom where you could look in and see the person in the shower. Thankfully they were able to fine another hotel. When I called to cancel my reservations at this hotel for my family i was placed on hold for 20 minutes. They continued to pick up the phone and ask me to continue to hold. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kursta H
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I brought a group of students and parents here for an event in St. Louis. The hotel was so disgusting that I could not let my students sleep here. We spent two hours trying to find another hotel in the area with 20 rooms, did find one, and left. Here's why:
-blood on sheets
-torn carpets
-loose carpets in doorway
-torn-up door frames
-ground floor windows that do not lock
-food crumbs all over the floor in the rooms
-a permeating, suffocating odor that activated allergies in two of my students and one parent, and made me sick
-torn-up floor edging
-poorly-attempted chair rail work
-poorly attempted paint job on the walls
- a bathroom in a hotel room that had a window in it with the curtains on the OUTSIDE??

Truly - this was a place in which I refused to spend the night.
There are no safe places to walk to nearby to eat - there is nothing that I can think of to recommend this location at all.

Room Tip: Third floor is all smoking; second floor smells of smoke and has cigarette burns in the bedding; bot...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Kimberly R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express and Suites St. Louis NW-Hazelwood
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood? Share your experiences!