“Good hotel, great service”

Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just spent three nights at this hotel in a suite with three queen sized beds. The rooms were ok, but the service was fantastic. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie L

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent one night here while attending an event at UMSL. The hotel and room were clean and the bed was very comfortable. There are a variety of places nearby to eat. We did not try the breakfast as my son had to have IHOP which is 5 minutes up the road and easy to get to.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I contacted the hotel following check out to find my son's Disney Stitch Pillow Pet. Sure enough we had left it at the hotel and they had it in the lost and found. The manager said he would mail it to us the following business day. That was on 26 April and it is not 03 June and my son never did receive his pillow. I made weekly calls to the manager in efforts to retrieve the pillow. He continually said he was going to mail it. One of my last calls the desk clerk said she had boxed it up and it was on his desk ready to go. I told the desk clerk to hold it and I would send pre-pay UPS and send them to pick it up. She put me on hold briefly then came back on and said he had just walked out the door with the box and was on his way to the post office. Well that was 4 weeks ago and he is unable to provide me with a tracking # or a receipt. What type of person does this to a child???

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LKR63
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked 12 rooms, 1 room was to be complimentary (10+ rooms). The lady on the phone assured me the 12th room would be free, but they charged my card anyway. I have sent a lot of people to stay at this hotel in the past 4 years because of the group discounts, but I'm done with that. The manager was very rude and had no time to talk about how they stole from me. The Manager only wants the $$$$$$, I guess to impress his boss. He needs to be fired. He just wants to be right, saying because I went thru the internet he can't do anything about it. And yet he is the same guy that gave us the free room last year after we booked 10 rooms on line. So he's also a LYAR. I talked with the hotel directly and was given corrected rooms, I gave her customer names for those rooms, she gave us totals, and said one room was free. That's NOT online, that's over the phone. A girl "Sherry" said she would find the lady that did all that for us but she never got back with me. Please stay Clear of this place, the rooms are JUST NOT WORTH the price. Also, it is suppose to be smoke free, but the halls smelled of smoke. The lady at the front desk was also the one in charge of the breakfast. When breakfast items ran out, that was it. She was too busy checking people out of the hotel, so no more food for a while. Most of our group left with out eating anything. When she got around to it she microwaved some sausage a put it out while some of us were sitting there having some coffee. The sausage was not even edible. JUST DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not waste Your Time Staying Here! Go somewhere that the management cares more about the customer!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank MeMerunner
Reviewed 4 November 2013

staff was very nice and friendly, The hot breakfast items just didn't taste good - especially the sausage patties. also the room was clean and well-appointed.Hotel is in great shape and clean even with construction going on. Altogether a very nice experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 53ravip
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am a diamond member with choice hotels which illustrates how much we use their franchise. I have had 2 unfavorable encounters with this particular location. The first time - the management was very rude & unwilling to provide information. In short the entire front desk experience prevented me from moving any further. Recently it was one of the few available in a sold out weekend for the city - -AND again same situation....same manager. It I had not paid in advance, I would not have stayed.

The rooms are acceptable but the service is a priority for me as such I will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Allison E
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed in this motel based on the mostly positive reviews, and were not disappointed. The neighborhood was not promising - the closed motel next door gave us pause - but all was well when we checked in. Reception was swift and friendly, we got good advice about restaurants, and the room was clean and well-appointed. Altogether a very nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wittj155
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here for two weeks to see our daughter, son-in-law and brand new grand daughter. The room (a king size, non-smoking) was large and clean. Nice comfy bed, great water pressure and hot water in the shower. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, at the hotel was extremely friendly and welcoming. The GM there, Kelvin, went out of his way to make sure that we felt welcome. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. My only complaint would be that the eggs were of the powder version and the breakfast was the exact same everyday.....not a problem if you are only staying for a few days. We will be traveling back to visit again and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lisamarie274
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Hazelwood Inn & Suites, BW Signature Collection
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
3 mi away
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood? Share your experiences!