“nice place”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
indiana
“nice place”
Reviewed 17 June 2007

needed a stopping place on the way to lake of the ozarks--called hotel and the manager anita said they were full--she said she would call me back if any cancellations--within 45 minutes she called me back and said she had two rooms available --we took both-- bedswere comfy -nice little indoor pool--all people at the motel said hi to us and were very friendly-- will stop again when traveling through!!

• Liked — good price and east to get to
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank smoky1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Iowa
Reviewed 5 August 2006

The room was dirty, carpet didn't look like it had been vacuumed and there was dust, cobwebs everywhere. The worst was the bathroom! Mold in the bottom of the shower curtain, very visable and huge pockets of wallpaper was coming off above the shower head. Lots of water damage in ceiling, etc.
We have 2 small children so we went to the pool, VERY SMALL and I actually fell just walking around the pool because there was so much standing water. The breakfast was good but I would not stay here again, especially with all the choices right in that block.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — Dirty room and terrible pool
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank NoCampingJustHotels
Denver CO
Reviewed 20 August 2005

When I rolled into the cul-de-sac of the cluster of motels that includes this one, I was disappointed at how the neighborhood had changed. The strip mall that faces the cul-de-sac entrance is deserted except for a Walgreens. The area looked a bit scruffier than I remembered, but it sure is close to the Boeing campus, where I had a meeting the next day.

The Comfort Inn staff were all very friendly, and it seems as though they're working to renovate this property. The indoor pool looked nice, and the continental breakfast was okay. But the room had problems.

The toilet was constantly running. It had some (ironically) water-saving, self-contained apparatus in the tank, so I couldn't do anything about it except shut off the water valve when it wasn't in use. (The Comfort Inn was sold out, so there was no possibility of switching rooms.)

The other problem was the ants in the room. I saw a few of them crawling along, but it felt creepy to brush them off me after I changed clothes in the morning.

The good news was the wireless, wide-open Internet access. They also provided a computer in the lobby.

The front desk gave me partial credit for the room when I reported the toilet problem at checkout, and I really think these friendly people could turn this place around. But when I was there, they hadn't yet.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank FTAListCom
Warren, MI
Reviewed 17 April 2005

This facility is no longer a Best Western as it's recently been converted to a Comfort Inn. The updates made are very nice. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The facility has a nice indoor pool, but no longer has a hot tub. An exercise room with cardio gear is available, but the gear is not the greatest, but it'll do. The staff was always polite and friendly and the hotel also offers free wireless internet access with a hookup in the room for those lacking a wireless modem. It's not super fast, but not bad either.

I was on Government travel, so I got a rate of $60 a night. This is about what I think the hotel is worth, but then I'm a cheapskate. If you're looking for a cheaper rate and can do without the amenity of an indoor pool and free internet, a Baymont Inn is almost next door to this hotel and a Red Roof is one exit east.

All in all, I enjoyed my experience at this hotel and think for families especially it's a good deal. Also very close to Ford and Boeing if your in town for business. The Bigfoot Monster Truck facility is also at this exit if you enjoy that type of stuff (I do.)

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank motorcity70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
La Quinta Inn St. Louis Hazelwood- Airport North
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood? Share your experiences!