Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Quincy, Illinois, United States
“This was fine”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I decided to stay here last Saturday night because of a late night airport run. The customer service here was great. The room and location were fine. My only gripe was the size of the bed. While I thought I was getting two double beds, I actually got two single beds. I was tired and slept fine anyway so I didn't make an issue out of it. For the cost, this place rocks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you received good customer service and that you appreciated our affordable rates. Still, I do apologize that the beds in your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continually work to improve our hotel, so I thank you. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I arrived late; I called to tell them it would be after 10pm when I get there and the lady said that's fine, we'll see you when you get here. I arrived, got my key and bell cart to get my things. I walked into the room and it had an interested smell, didn't know what it was. I always use clorox wipes to wipe down remote control, light switches, toilets, etc. I noticed a few stains on the curtains. When I went to wipe down the twister thingees, the stains I saw was food. THERE WAS FOOD, OLD FOOD on the curtain; noodles, rice, chopped veggies (seems impossible, I know; got pics to prove it). I was so tired from my 15 hour drive, I decided to say something in the morning (no one was there at this time anyway). The shower had hair and old dirty soap stains (it wiped off with the clorox wipe). The next morning I went to ask for the manager. She was not visible and when the front desk person called her, she responded very rudely. They told her it was a guest, she attempted to act nicer...ATTEMPTED. I asked her if she could come to my room so that I could show her "something." She came. I told her I could ignore some of the other things, but the food on the curtain was a no-no. She acted as if it was okay. I showed her the card that was left and signed by a housekeeping staff that said she assured my the room was "fresh" and 100% clean. I told her I was confused by the note left with a curtain full of food that could be clearly seen from across the room (stains). She said they would change them. I left for the morning and came back. My room had been "cleaned." I did notice two defined stains on the curtain; I figured they just knocked off the food. I went to ask about the curtain. She did have a better attitude this time. She said they just washed the curtain. While taking them down, I guess they knock some food on the floor, because it was now on the floor along with a beer bottle cap (I don't drink beer). I also missed the housekeeping notice in reservation confirmation (once a week), but was confused because they cleaned it the next day. I asked the front desk person about it and she couldn't find it. I asked her for a copy of the paper I signed, she said she couldn't give me a copy. I asked her to call the manager to ask why I couldn't have a copy of something I signed. She did call the manager and I was given a copy. I figured getting my money back on my card and finding somewhere else would take longer than my stay. I would not stay there again. We put towels on the chairs to sit because of the suspect white stains, the dirty shower, food on curtains, smelly room and the clearly full-size bed that was supposed to be a queen. I know this wasn't my usual Embassy, Hilton, or Radisson stay (I wasn't expecting that). General housekeeping should be a standard even at the motels where prostitutes frequent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nuevo N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The cleanliness you described is unacceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will be replacing curtains throughout the hotel and working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned to our standards. We will also meet with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our policies during check-in.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at slo@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Hazelwood hotels

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My boyfriend and I came down to St. Louis for the weekend, and decided to stay here because we found a great deal online. The exterior is in great condition, and is exactly as pictured. We were greeted at the front desk by a lady names Sophie, she has great customer service! She gave us our room keys and told us about breakfast and all of that.

We got to the room and it was exactly as pictured. No, it's not a five star Hilton, and if that's what you're expecting, I would not stay here. However, the room was very nice and I have no complaints. There were no dishes, but if you call the front desk and tell them what you need, they will bring it up to you. The dishes were a little dirty, but that's nothing a little Dawn dish soap cannot clean. My room had no "weird" smell and I did not see a lot of the other stuff others complained about.

The great thing about this hotel is the location, it is not in a bad part of town, and it is very close to everything. Walmart is only about ten minutes away, as are a lot of restaurants. Downtown St. Louis is about a twenty-five minute drive, but it is worth it.

My only complaint about my stay would have to be the rude group of people outside playing their bass and music incredibly loud until midnight. Also, I heard TV's first thing in the morning, which is not too terrible, and it did not wake me up.

In conclusion, this is a good hotel and I did really enjoy my stay. I think most of the reviewers came with the expectation of a Hilton. If you want the Hilton, then pay the extra hundred dollars a night and do not come here. The rooms were clean, the service was great, and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose non smoking if you do not want an odd smelling room. Non-smoking side of hotel is more quiet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Savanna - Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could provide you with a comfortable and affordable stay. We also appreciate your kind words about Sophie, as we pride ourselves on customer service.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it helps us to improve. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My husband booked a room here for 2 nights on a business trip. He didn't know that this was a nasty run down (not even a motel).
The bedding had so much hair on it he had to call down to get another one only to be told that they were locked up....Really!!!
The sink had left over tooth paste in it from the previous guest. There were no hangers in the room and he has to go and buy room sprays for the awful smell.
There were stains on the carpet and prostitutes and johns going in and out both nights.
Needless to say I would taken one look at this place and went to another hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mountain Home, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had booked a room with two beds, they did not have it-reservation way made one month in advance. Kitchen did not have pots or pans, they brought a cot with one mattress the width of a pillow. We stayed two nights and went to another hotel. They did refund the amount left plus one day. They really need to work on this place, horrible and I felt dirty and dreaded when I had to go to the room. I have stayed at so many Extended Stays and they were wonderful, unfortunately this is not one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna W
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This extended stay pales in comparison to ones I've stayed at. Rooms are dark, dingy and in bad need of updating. There were none of the usual amenities included in the bathroom. There were dirt and stains on the carpet. I was in a no smoking room but it smelled like old smoke.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the stains on the carpet and that the room smelled like smoke. To prevent this from happening again, our staff is deep cleaning the carpets in that room. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at slo@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent a week here on business, and I was totally unsatisfied. The rooms smelt like animal urine and the AC unit did not work. I submitted this review the day I returned from the stay and they called me within five minutes to ask what they could do to make it right. I said to clean the hotel, get rid of the smell. I will not stay there again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd., responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I apologize for the odor issue you encountered during your stay. As well, I am sorry that your air conditioner did not work. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or at any of our other brand locations in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelwood
Quality Inn Florissant
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#8 of 12 in Berkeley

Been to Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.

Property: Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd.
Address: 6065 N Lindbergh Blvd, Hazelwood, MO 63042-2828 (Formerly Extended Stay America)
Region: United States > Missouri > Hazelwood
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hazelwood
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - St. Louis Airport - N. Lindberg Blvd. We are located just outside of the entrance to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport and down the road from Interstate 270. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crossland St. Louis - Airport - N. Lindbergh Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Hazelwood