While visiting family in St. Louis, we decided to take an Amtrak train out to Hermann. Hermann is a beautiful, historic town and well worth visiting.
We stopped here for dinner before catching our train back. We were seated immediately, drinks were served quickly, and our food was brought out quickly. So ended the good service. Maybe our waiter went on his break. Who knows? He did not return to see how the food was or to refill the drinks. When we were done, we sought him out so we could pay our bill.
The food was okay. I have certainly tasted better but it was better than a frozen dinner from the grocery store. Unfortunately, later that night, my stomach started to bother me. After some time in the bathroom, the problem passed. I am convinced I got food poisoning from this restaurant. Unlike many visitors to Hermann, I did not do any drinking at the wineries and my problem came on too late to be attributed to lunch.
Would I return here again? No. Even without the food poisoning, I would not have returned because the food was not noteworthy. There are better options in town, so go to those instead.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.