“Nothing but good things to say”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
The Stone Giraffe Guest House
Ranked #23 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nothing but good things to say”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have nothing but nice things to stay about this B&B. The house is gorgeous, spotlessly clean, and fully modern - the shower in the Green Room was amazing. Perfect deck for sitting with friends and drinking that wine you said you bought to take home. The owners were extremely nice and live next door - they show you everything, tell you to make yourselves at home, and leave you to your privacy. Price was very reasonable. My only concern is that it was a little too far to walk from downtown. Turned out to be a non-issue. The trolley will pick up and drop off right at the hotel. Breakfast Sunday morning was simple but delicious.

One note - cash or check only. Not a problem, but good to know in advance.

I will happily stay here again and wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank lathisthebludgeoner

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Versailles, Missouri
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Stone Giraffe in April on 2014. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this bed and breakfast. The owner was exceptionally nice and welcoming. The place itself is absolutely breath taking. There are two gorgeous fire places, vaulted ceilings, beautiful rooms (we stayed in the yellow room, my opinion best room in the house). The owner welcomed us to the wine cooler, and told us to feel free to help ourselves to it. The breakfast was exceptionally yummy. She even uses the local sausages in her breakfast casserole. There is plenty of space to play games, watch TV, hangout outside on the deck, or read a book by the fire place. The place is newly renovated and not once did i feel like it was a grungy smelly old bed and breakfast. Every corner you turn its absolutely breath taking. I was ready to move in as soon as I walked in the door. Take your honey with you, its a romantic get away. This place holds a special place in my heart, because my boyfriend proposed to me on our weekend in Hermann. We spent our first night and day as an engaged couple in Hermann staying at the Stone Giraffe. I couldn't ask for a better memory.

Room Tip: The yellow and green room were my favorites.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

First off, I want to tell you that I totally disagree w/the bad reviews for the Stone Giraffe. Sharon was very kind and welcoming, she couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating to us.
We stayed in the "Yellow" room which has it's own Jacuzzi tub and windows that you can lay in bed at night and look at the stars....Very romantic, or you can go out on your own private deck and enjoy a glass of wine.Very relaxing time and quiet w/all modern amenities. Also, breakfast was very tasty. This place is definitely high on my list and would absolutely stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ls66611
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Stone Giraffe is beautiful, quiet and well maintained. We spent two week nights here and couldn't have asked for better. The owner was welcoming and hospitable (I don't recognizer her in the bad reviews below), shared with us where to eat, transported us from the put-in for our kayak's to the take-out spot, and was interesting to talk to overall. And yes, we are under the usual retirement age! She let us drink from her stash of wine in the fridge, the breakfasts were good and filling, and very timely. The location (on the hill), house, and garden are just spectacular. Get the Yellow Room!

Room Tip: Get the Yellow Room, it has a double story ceiling, and looks out on the hills.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CurryChickStLouis
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My sister and I take turns planning an annual trip. It was my turn to plan and I wanted to visit Hermann, MO. It was very difficult to find a place that could accommodate two adult females without costing an arm and a leg. Some options had to be automatically eliminated due to mention of cats on the property (I am allergic) and strict "no smoking" policies (my sister smokes). Smoking is allowed outside at The Stone Giraffe, but not inside. I find this to be a wonderful compromise!

I truly hit the jackpot when I found The Stone Giraffe. The owners, Sharon and Eddie were wonderful hosts and made us feel at home right away. Their living quarters adjoin the property, but the portion of the home that remains has five well appointed bedrooms with private bathrooms. There is a fully equipped kitchen, full-sized refrigerator, WiFi, and seating areas that are conducive for sitting in front of the fireplace and chatting or playing board games. There is a wonderful family room area downstairs with a big screen TV, but we honestly didn't watch it for our entire three night stay! When the weather is nice, there is a roomy deck, and several of the rooms have private decks or patio areas.

The owners encouraged us to explore the house, turn on lights, open doors, and help ourselves to anything in the refrigerator or wine refrigerator. Sharon was very accommodating in providing directions, brochures, and maps to attractions in Hermann. On Friday evening, Sharon and Eddie came over and hung out with us and another couple who had checked in that afternoon. Eddie sliced some German bologna he had in the refrigerator and we added some crackers. The breakfasts were fabulous and very filling.

My sister and I stayed in the "Original Room," which is part of the original house. It had two full-sized beds in it, which was perfect for us. The other rooms have queen-sized beds. The rooms are comfortable and the entire house is not overrun with cabinets and antiques and doesn't have the feel that you have to tiptoe and whisper like you're in a museum. I felt completely at home the entire time I was there.

Room Tip: The Original Room has two full-sized beds in it, but it's right by the front door. If you're...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank riul2014
Forsyth, Missouri
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Stone Giraffe is it. Once we got to Hermann, we compared the other B&Bs we considered in Hermann. Conclusion: we hit the jackpot with The Stone Giraffe. We undoubtedly made the right choice and will return just to stay here. We brought another couple with us and had an absolute blast, enjoying the evenings with great conversations, games by the fireplace, the Cardinals game, and plenty of laughs well into the late evening with other guests as well--ages ranging from the 20s to 50s.The home itself is of topnotch quality with an outstanding 2,000 square foot guest wing. Guests felt free to roam around, lounge, have use of a beautiful kitchen, relax alone or with others in front of a stone fireplace either in the media room or upstairs in the living room, or enjoy the patios or decks facing the woods, Hermann, and hills beyond. Refreshments such as wine and juices, teas & coffees, and fruits were graciously available throughout the day. Breakfast included a nice mix of fruits, juices, coffee blends (caf & decaf), eggs or ham, toast, and pastries.The owners Eddie and Sharon were a delight, accommodating, and unintrusive, inviting us to make ourselves comfortable. In the evening, they would graciously ask about our needs and wants and were always low key and good natured. Truly this is a home away from home.

Room Tip: The yellow and green rooms offer tranquility. The yellow room includes a set of beautiful, tall corn...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went over with a couple girlfriends for wine touring...had a room previously booked at the Herman Motel--TERRIBLE! Called and was able to get a double bed room that night. Very clean, accomodating and friendly. Lots of amenities...full kitchen, living room, dining area, deck space. Owner made a delicious hot breakfast the next morning then drove us to the train station. The trolley does not like to go here except for extra charge although in our case were willing to one time. If you are looking for a great place to get away this is a wonderful, secluded, peaceful guest house that offers a lot of extras--dont stay if you are just looking for a place to crash or pass out...this is a place to relax and get away from the hustle of the trolleys and wineries. Wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank cafemojo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Herzog Mansion
Herzog Mansion
#33 of 50 in Hermann
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage

Been to The Stone Giraffe Guest House? Share your experiences!