“Women of K.C. LOVED this place...”
Review of Hermann House Inn

Hermann House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Hermann House Inn
Ranked #12 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Women of K.C. LOVED this place...”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My friends and I always plan a yearly trip and this year we went to Hermann, MO and stayed at the Hermann House Inn. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. We immediately felt that "small town, down home" charm (something that the New Mexico reviewer below apparently isn't familiar with). Our suite was spotless and comfortable and we wanted for nothing. We found the thrift store clean and orderly and felt it added charm to the place (and we were proud to stay at a place that supported a no-kill animal shelter). We HIGHLY recommend the Hermann House Inn and will come back every year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We just spent a night at the Hermann House Inn, we truly enjoyed our time there. The suite 9 was excellent and clean. It is so much better than a motel room. We will certainly stay there again if we find ourselves in that part of Missouri again. I have told my daughters about it and if they go to Hermann that is where they will be staying.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed in a suite for 2 nights on a girls weekend (3 of us). The rooms was bright, clean and spacious for the 3 of us. The location is walking distance from most of the restaurants and shopping and one of the wineries. GREAT experience and would defi

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley A
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our car group has stayed at the Hermann House Inn for the past 4 years when we come to town for the Car Show. We have tried other lodgings but this remains our favorite. The host, Chris, is very accommodating and remembers us year to year. Location is excellent. A short walk to shops and restaurants. I love the Gifts and Thrifts store on the main level. Many brand name items at bargain prices, all to help the Animal Shelter. We have stayed in 3 different rooms and found them all to be extremely clean and comfortable. I enjoy being able to have cereal and coffee in the morning in my robe and slippers---I like to wake-up s-l-o-w-l-y and this suits my needs. We are making plans for the Show next year and we will absolutely be back at the Hermann House Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I don't know who is writing all the earlier reviews, perhaps it is friends of the owner. I was very disappointed the moment I walked into the junky thrift store to register for the room I had reserved. The hallway was stuffed with cast offs and was a mess. The owner greeted us with a comment about finally getting the bad reviews removed from Trip Advisor. That should have been my second clue. We rode he elevator (which included a black plastic bag of trash? that was stored there our entire stay) up to a poorly designed, poorly lit, one bedroom apartment furnished partially from things from the downstairs thrift store. We were shown the dry, sugar sweetened cereal for breakfast and the coffee with powdered creamer that we could make ourselves for breakfast. Not my idea of a satisfactory start to my 40 mile bike ride. To credit the owner, he did offer to get us something else if we would tell him what that might be but I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't think of any thing to ask for except some fresh fruit. The apple I got was great.

The place made me uncomfortable in a physical sence. The low wattage bulbs, the burned out bulbs, the junk, the single small bedroom window really made the place feel like a scary, dark, fire trap. As we were leaving, we overheard the air conditioning repair person explain to the owner that it wasn't working because somebody had wired it incorrectly and that the compressor was burning hot. Wow, I am glad I am out of there. Friends stayed at the Hill Top B&B and reported lovely accommodations, delicious cooked breakfast, and all costing less money.

Room Tip: There just has to be a better place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sue H
chrisoetting, Owner at Hermann House Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
If everyone takes your suggestion, 35 dogs and 45 cats will die of starvation. That messy thrift store, open seven days per week, supports the only no-kill Animal Shelter in our three county area. Volunteers serve the store. The trash bags on the elevator are excess items that are stored in the basement a waiting shipment overseas to third world Counties. We ship clothing, shoes, and books that are excess in our store. All items are donated by caring citizens. The apartment was of your choosing. All furnishings came from Basset stores, as they still manufacture in the USA. We serve a continental breakfast in your apartment consisting of coffee, tea, orange juice, milk peaches, oatmeal, cereal and pastries. You overheard a conversation with the alc technician. We have a Geo-Thermal HVAC system that requires periodic inspections. Perhaps you overlooked our fire sprinkler system, as well as our fire alarm system which is monitored 24 hours per day, not to mention the fire department is next door. Your limited knowledge and uncaring for animals is apparent in your review.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The place was very well kept, newly renovated, great price, the inn owners are very very nice people and went out of their way to make our stay great.

I've stayed at a few places in Herman and this is by far the best. I will stay here from now on.

• Stayed September 2013
Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We travel a lot and meet many hotel clerks who are friendly, but these people really know how to make you feel welcome. Our room was like an apartment. It was scrubbed clean and full of anything we could need. At first I was a bit disappointed that our second bedroom only contained a sleeper sofa, but we were brought an additional mattress to put on top of the one in the bed, and I slept like a baby.
We walked to eat and shop, and to one of the wineries. It couldn't have been in a better location. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would call the Inn direct to make a reservation instead of doing it online. I got a better price a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
#3 of 50 in Hermann
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites
#10 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Hermann House Inn? Share your experiences!