“The perfect retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Up Up and Away Lodging
Kansas City, Missouri
“The perfect retreat”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was our first time in a bed and breakfast and we could not have enjoyed ourselves more! Leif and Beth have a beautiful home and are completely hospitable. The room was pristine, comfortable, and the perfect retreat from everyday life. The views from the Deck Suite will take your breath away. Thank you Leif and Beth for all your generosity, we cannot not wait to get back to Hermann to visit once again!

Room Tip: You will love the Deck Suite!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The MOST hospitable hosts I've ever experienced. Leif and Beth are made for running a bed and breakfast. Besides their gorgeous home sit atop the highest, scenic spot in Hermann, the breakfast was to die for. I told Beth that my boyfriend had a gluten allergy, and I was hoping she could accommodate with maybe some eggs and meat. I really wasn't expecting a lot - I just didn't want my boyfriend to be served a plate of muffins so he'd have to starve before indulging in wine all day. WOW - did she go above and beyond. To the 10th degree. We were served a gorgeous breakfast (see picture) and I felt bad telling them Jeremiah couldn't eat the pancakes...until she said they were gluten free. She went out and bought a special GF pancake mix and even made the cinnamon apple topping recipe that was on the package. They tasted better than regular pancakes! It was so sweet of her to do that; she even gave me the extra pancake mix so I could make it at home.

As far as the room goes, it is spotless with a king sleigh bed that was so comfortable I considered asking for the mattress and sheet brands. We stayed in the loft suite, and for only $135 we had 2 bedrooms, a private bathroom, small dining area where breakfast was served, living area, refrigerator with complimentary water bottles, 2 flat screens with a DVD player...basically a whole loft apartment. You also have access to their great room which includes a pool table, bar, and large balcony with a view - telescope and binoculars included.

Perfect getaway; you will feel like you just stepped back in time to a romantic German village. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IslandGirlinKC
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed in Hermann, MO for three nights at three separate bed and breakfasts ( Herman Hill, Birks Gasthaus and our favorite Up Up and Away. ) We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay at Up Up And Away. We stayed in the Hot Tub Suite which was AMAZING. Beth and Leif run a first-class operation, provided a yummy breakfast and allowed us to check in early and stay a half-hour later. They made us feel at home and welcomed our puppy who LOVED her stay as well. The view is fabulous, and the accommodations are very clean and super comfy as well as cheerful. We plan to tell all our friends and come back every year =)

St.Louis, MO

Room Tip: LOVED THE HOT TUB SUITE ( it wouldn't let me delete the swimming pool) The Hot Tub Suite was rig...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
#14 of 50 in Hermann
Hermann Crown Suites
Hermann Crown Suites
#7 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Up Up and Away Lodging? Share your experiences!