“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Up Up and Away Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Up Up and Away Lodging
Kansas City, Kansas
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband, our son, my mother and my brother stayed in the Loft Suite Mother's Day weekend 2014. From reservation through checkout, it was the ideal that all B&Bs should strive to attain. A beautiful, clean, quiet home; spacious accommodations; fluffy, soft towels; comfy bed linens. Diane is a sweetheart. Breakfasts were very good. I would be happy to return here again and again!

Room Tip: The Loft Suite is a climb up two flights of stairs -- the last one is a spiral. The bedrooms lock o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at Up Up and Away this past weekend for a bachelorette party and I can't say enough good things about it. It was perfect for our group of around 16! We took up almost the entire main house which was wonderful, everything was clean and comfortable. The owner and caretaker were so nice and took care of everything for us!...even for a group of rowdy girls! Breakfast was also really nice and there was always plenty to go around. The location is right outside downtown Hermann so the trolley is a must to cruise around town. I would recommend this place to anyone! I also think the price was really good, one other reviewer thought the extra money per head once you hit the max was a little crazy but we did a lot of research for our bachelorette party and this place was the best price by far for our large group and everyone was comfortable both nights!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at Up Up and Away with my daughters about a year and a half ago. My husband and I decided to do a short getaway for our anniversary. Our first reservation we had to cancel due to weather. We rescheduled for Feb. 1st and went even though there had been some ice. We stayed in the deck suite this time. The spiral stairs were a bit tricky due to the weather but they gave an extra cup of ice melt and we did fine. It is a beautiful unit with a fantastic view. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious and delivered right on time. I like that breakfast is delivered to the units instead of a common dining room like some B&B's. There is a kitchen and you are supplied with coffee and a coffee maker so if you get up a while before they bring breakfast at least you can make coffee. The owners are very nice and accommodating . We will definitely stay here again in the future! Though probably not during an ice storm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billandshell
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I cannot say enough great things about our stay at Up, Up, and Away! I wish I would have taken some photos of the common room to add, but it seems like the existing photos are great. The location is great, far enough from Hermann to feel like you're at a B&B, but close enough that downtown was less than 10 minutes away (the trolley took about 7 minutes to get to us). The website says not to follow your GPS directions, but our GPS directions were accurate!

When we arrived in Hermann, we were a bit early for our 3pm check in. I called Beth, and she told us to just go ahead and head to the house, that the cleaning staff was there and even if our room isn't ready they would still allow us to put our bags down and call for the trolley. Lucky for us, our room was ready and we were able to check in about 2 hours in advance, which was awesome since it is Oktoberfest and Hermann is just CRAZY this time of year. When we walked into the room, I was impressed. We prefer very modern accommodations, which is why I had never stayed at another B&B until this one. Most B&Bs that I consider turn out to be extremely dated, even if they are well run. This place had all of the modern comforts we appreciated, without gross gold framed artwork hanging on the walls. I know, I know, some people like that stuff...just not us! There was a loveseat, fireplace, TV, bed, mini fridge, 3 closests, a dining table+3 chairs, and a king sized bed in the room. MORE than enough space for two to stay comfortably...we could have lived there! The TV was huge, which is another thing I was not expecting from a B&B. Off of the main room, there is the beautifully appointed bathroom. It has two vanities, a giant soaking tub, and a double headed, two-person shower. My ONLY complaint is that the sinks were a little awkward. They had these large faucets, but the basin was very small. This made it difficult to wash my face before bed! The toilet had a door, which would have been appreciated if we had stayed here with another couple. It appears that the second room that is available is through a door in the bathroom, meaning there would be a shared bath. The bathroom also leads to the private hot tub, which was more than large enough for the two of us (could comfortably fit 4 people).There was even an mp3 docking station in the hot tub room, along with an AC and fan! Really the only way it could have been better was if there was a skylight or window that you could open up to the outdoors. It was a beautiful evening, it's a shame to spend it indoors...but at least we were living in luxury. We spent the day in Hermann, and came back to all of these wonderful things. The bed was slightly firm for my taste, but I am extremely picky so I can't complain. We woke up to a french toast breakfast the next morning. The eggs were a little bland, but there was bacon to make up for it :)

The common room turned out to be a pleasant surprise for us. Our favorite feature was the pool table! There was also an extremely comfortable sitting area with TV (and plenty of cable channels) and a Wii gaming system. I also really appreciated their stock of board games, toys for children, and DVDs. I could tell that this was a great places for families and large groups, especially because Hermann is a small town and there isn't a whole lot to do 10 months out of the year. I feel like I could just get snowed into this place for a week and be perfectly content. Attached to the common room was a nice sized deck with a grill, patio table, and sitting area. There is no smoking anywhere inside or on the deck, but we aren't smokers so that wasn't an issue. You can use the common room until midnight, which we loved, but I can see that being an issue for guests staying on the upper level if they had an early wake-up call.

I would absolutely stay here again, and I recommend anyone traveling to Hermann should consider staying at Up, Up, and Away! We will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: The hot tub suite seemed to be the most private. The loft and deck suites are on the same level as t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We recently stayed in the deck suite with 4 girls for a birthday weekend and loved it! The deck suite is definitely the way to go. It is above the garage, separated from the main house. It has fabulous views from it's private deck, it has it's own kitchen, washer/dryer, two bathrooms and a separate jacuzzi tub. We loved it. Clean, cutely decorated, and fun. The pillows/linens are high quality and super comfy! We do wish we would have been given options with our breakfasts- you just get what they give you. It was all delicious, however. The one negative about this place is the $35 charge for each extra person over 2 people. It seems crazy high, considering the extra people are sleeping on a pull out couch. Regardless, we had a great time and they offer a generous military discount which is a huge perk! Hoping to return soon!

Room Tip: The deck suite is more private and separate from the main house. The other suites are all in the ma...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed in the deck suite and it was amazing. It had a great view that overlooked all of Hermann. The service was great!! Beth took care of all our needs. Breakfast was plentiful I wish you could get it earlier than 9 am. I will be staying here again and suggest this place to everyone!! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
Prairie Village, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We just stayed at up up and away in the Loft suite this past weekend and were thoroughly impressed with the accommodations. The suite has two bedrooms with king size beds with one bedroom including a sitting area. We also had a kitchenette, dining room and living room in our suite that included a sofa sleeper. Very spacious and comfortable! The loft suite is located right over the common area, which has a beautiful view of Hermann. There was more than enough breakfast in the morning, and we liked that we were given the option to eat in our suite or down in the common area. Very nice B and B, would highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage
The Inn at Hermannhof
The Inn at Hermannhof
#3 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Up Up and Away Lodging? Share your experiences!