“Good Brats”

Hermann Wurst Haus
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: German
Description: Our deli/restaurant is open 7 days a week with indoor and outdoor seating. Our menu showcases award-winning bratwurst, hickory-smoked pulled pork, deli meat sandwiches, housemade side dishes and much more. The menu changes often to offer you the freshest items possible. Wurst Breakfast served only on weekends 8-11 am, March through December.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went there mid June and enjoyed our lunch there. My wife loved the potato salad. Our favorite wurst was the Gorgonzola one. Overall the place was quaint and the service friendly

Doug K, Public Relations Manager at Hermann Wurst Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Jeff,
Thanks for the kind words about our products and shop! We are so glad you stopped to visit us! We hope when you are in Hermann again you stop by and see us again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food they do have available on the menu is excellent. The brats were very good and the German potato salad was incredible. The way the business was set up was strange. I ordered brats and wanted a draft beer, the girl at the counter did not know what types were on tap and when she asked, she nor I got the information we needed, I was just told to go over to the other side of the room and order it there. Why can't you order your meal at one place? On the we page it says they are all about customer service, when I tried to talk to the owner had just kept walking and stocking the shelves. After the meal I picked up several items to purchase. When I checked out I had 5 packs of brats, 4 beef sticks and one pack of pork scrapple. The total was over $52, which according to my calculations was about $15 over charge, I kept adding it in my head and even checked my bag when I got to my car to see if there was something I forgot about but there wasn't. Frustrated I just left, good food but I will not be making the hour drive again nor do I recommend that you do either.

Doug K, Public Relations Manager at Hermann Wurst Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear James,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the brats and German Potato Salad. We are so sorry that your experience wasn't what you thought it should be. We will address the customer service issues with the staff and make sure that they are indeed delivering great service. Hermann's sale tax rate is 8.1% on certain items and 5.1% on other items. We would have re-calculated your order had we know you felt something was wrong. If you still have your receipt, please call Doug our office manager, at 573-486-2266, on Mon, Wed. or Friday. He can re-calculate your order to make sure you were charged properly. Thank you for letting us know your experience.
Wurst Haus Customer Service

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I ate there twice on a recent visit...both for early dinners. Upon entering we were immediately greeted by a friendly person who asked if we wanted to taste the week's offerings, which we did. I'm sensitive to Garlic, and when I told her that, she made a point of checking the complete ingredient list of EVERY brat on the tasting and warned me which to avoid. We found two that were GREAT....and had those (one each...they're big) on a pretzel bun with good German Kraut and ho-made chips (which I was told were sprinkled with a mix that included Garlic powder, but I tasted them anyway and neither tasted nor smelled it....(why do people think they need to add garlic to darn near everything?) The chips were good in spite of that....as was the beer, the brat, the kraut and the friendly fast service. As we were buying brats to take home, we met the sausage-maker who told us how to warm up the pre-cooked ones, and how to cook and not-pre-cooked ones. This is just a fun place to be....unless you're a vegetarian! A great place for a quick, filling meal.

1  Thank Don_and_Pepper
Doug K, Public Relations Manager at Hermann Wurst Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Don and Pepper,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your business and your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. We hope you come by and visit us again next time you are in Hermann.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

So many different varieties of brats and sausages. They offered samples of some of them. You can have a nice lunch and then take some packages home with you!

2  Thank Kelly M

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for your kind words! We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Please stop and see us again next time you are in Hermann!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

So along with girls weekend we stopped here to maybe grab something before heading back to the B&B. Poor service at best when it came to a lot of the whole experience. They had some samples of brats which was nice to try. We ordered a variety of things but the special wasn't all that great. It was some strange curry thing and came with cabbage and german potato salad. The cabbage was good and that was about it. There were others who were trying to get a beer - which you have to get on the other side away from the food. Lady who was service beer and wine was outside sitting with a glass of wine and seemed pretty ticked that someone (paying customers) interrupted her break or glass of wine. It was fun looking around and doing some shopping but I don't know that I would recommend eating here. Maybe if you go earlier in the day and around lunch it would be better.

1  Thank Thundrdawg

Thank you for your review. We appreciate feedback such as this so we can address the issue. I will share this with the owners. We do hope that you visit us again and give us another opportunity to make you happy! Thanks again.