“Horrible customer service!”

Independence
“Horrible customer service!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Appalled and embarrassed

Myself and a friend stayed here 11/17. We were in town for the wine trail. We met up with other friends that had already checked into other rooms the night before. Since we couldn't check in till 3 p.m. we went on to do the wine tour and later came back to the motel. I went to the front desk; checked in and inquired about shower problems that your friends were having. (they couldn't get the shower to work) The woman working at the front desk instructed our friend to pull down on the spout. She advised that ours would work the same way. (However we were never able to get it to work) We quickly dropped our bags in the room and left for dinner. We didn't turn in that evening till late. When I did I turned back the bedspread and found that there was what appeared to be small blood spots on the underside of bed cover. I completely moved it to the side and planned to speak of it at check out. The next morning after using the restroom I found that the toilet would not flush correctly. When I checked out I said as much to the man behind the counter. We mentioned our concerns to the staff at the chamber of commerce (Visitor's center) She called the staff and they advised her to have us come back to the motel to which we did. In retrospect I wish we had not. The woman behind the counter (I'm guessing she is the co-owner or maybe his wife) was very rude; stating that the items; shower DOES work, the heat DOES work (Because that wasn't working either) She stated to my face with a lobby full of people that maybe I didn't use the toilet correctly. I was appalled and embarrassed. My friend staying with me over heard their staff (whom were cleaning our room) point and talk about how (and what) we left in the room and that we needed to leave! Again...appalled and embarrassed! I will NOT be staying here again and suggest that no one else does either!

Room Tip: Find different lodging.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Barnhart, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed with a group of 15 friends in 4 rooms during weekend of October 26th and even though the housekeeping does need improvement, it is an average motel and their continental breakfast has a lot to be desired. My comments deal mainly with the honesty of the owners and maid that found the 2 rings that I lost in my room and they found under a coffee pot a week later after I called to report them missing and knew I had left them there. I figured my mother's ring and diamond anniversary ring were gone forever and I was heart broken and cried for 4 days, so you can imagine how Thankful I am for their honesty in contacting me when they were found. Thanks again Hermann Motel personnel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
princeton,il
Reviewed 7 September 2012

we've been staying at hermann motel from last 4 years and we have same experience of very clean room each time we stay.we always make reservation at last moment.each time we had diffrent type of room.but one thing was common and that is cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed on august 6th at Hermann motel. Motel staff is friendly and helping. Room was very clean and quiet.I already am planning to come here at this motel with all my friends for at least
2 - 3 nights.Location is best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank joni s
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were sitting outside of our room and some more people joined us.We had chat for hours,In coversation with them we were surprised to know that so many people come and stay at this motel for years.rooms are so clean no wonder people like to come and stay at same place every time they come to town.we had great fun and successful weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james m
burlington, NJ
Reviewed 26 August 2012

thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. Rooms were nice and clean. Loved your new beds! I have been staying at Hermann Motel for last 3 years and will come again next year with my entire family. I recommend this place anyone looking for extra clean rooms! Price may seems higher but better than paying $200+ for bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: nothing fancy....just nice clean rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chiku76
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 24 August 2012

we've been staying at the hermann motel from last couple months.and its been really good homey experience.front desk staff is very good.rooms are really clean and location of the motel is very convenient and very peaceful.i've read all this other reviews on this site and think i should post this review cuz on Aug 3rd weekend i've seen some people making scene and trying to get refund for there personal reasons.some of my other friends stayed last months for over 2 weeks.all of us never had any complain at all.
we think its best and clean MOTEL in hermann.
good experience with good people.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 104jen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Captain Wohlt Inn
Captain Wohlt Inn
#2 of 50 in Hermann
Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!